RepackboxInline FabricationRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load Data

Thread: I stopped looking for lead many moons ago..........

Smile I stopped looking for lead many moons ago..........

Because wheel weights were getting hard to find, and after my access to a supply of indoor range lead ended, I just figured I had a lifetime supply. Well, on a whim, I asked for permission to grab some lead from the indoor range trap itself. I'm happy to report that permission was granted. I'm now rounding up a shovel and a bucket. Will grab it in piece meal everytime I visit the club. I really don't need anymore lead, but it's so hard to shake the desire to scrounge it up.
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face!" - Mike Tyson

"Don't let my fears become yours." - Me, talking to my children

That look on your face, when you shift into 6th gear, but it's not there.

Boolit Master

My indoor range sells their lead and brass to a scrapper, part of their profit. Guess I could buy some but it really looks nasty. Get t if you want it, while you can.
    God Bless America
    US Army, NRA Patron, TSRA Life
    SASS, Ruger & Marlin accumulator

Lead's, lead. Get it if you can.

In Remembrance

Went to my buddies car dealership today to price a new set of wheels for the wife. Got the oil changed in my pickup while I was there. I asked a grease monkey if the weight pail at the tire repair area had anything in it. I left with about 50 lbs. for free.Robert

Boolit Buddy
    Nice, Hardcast & WILCO. Get it anytime you can!

One can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much lead. Good investment if nothing else.
    Cognitive Dissident

Boolit Master

I wouldnt pass up anything, as long as you have room to keep it. Even after you run out of space i bet some members would buy the extra from you.

Boolit Master on Heaven’s Range
    Take it! You can always share it with others.
    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy!
    Ben Franklin

Ain't never had too much lead myself. Not sure what that would look like.

Boolit Master
    There is a fairly new indoor range nearby so I talked to the owner to see if I could mine his crumbled rubber backstop for lead. You'd have thought I asked to enslave his daughter! The EPA and OSHA have put such a fear of God in him that he refuses to let me in there with my own protective gear and willingness to sign a waiver. He hasn't mined the lead in the year he's been open and is still trying to find "an OSHA certified" contractor to remove the lead.

There are so many different ways that the government has to stop us from shooting that if they weren't so disorganized and unable to coordinate their various regulations among themselves we'd probably been sunk long ago.

He won't let me go through his 55 gallon drums of range brass, either, for a similar reason, "Well what if one of those pieces of brass blew up your gun or something--you'd come sue me I just know it."

This is a guy I've know for years and I even helped him find two government-certified engineers to enable him to get the range insured. He's just scared to death of what the government could do to him. If the Obama/Bloomberg mob can get organized the picture isn't going to be pretty. GF

Boolit Master

How would the government know how much lead was back there. Take some and leave some and everyone is happy.

well, around here, i can buy a steel 55 gallon drum, with a clamping top for $10.00. i have to watch for such a deal, but if i was ever lucky enough to have the problem of to much lead to store, that would be my solution. i would like to see someone lift a 55 gallon drum of lead over my 6' high fence! as for scoring lead, get it while you can. with the IDIOTS that run this country, it could go away fast.
    Silver and Gold are for rich men. Lead and Brass is MY silver and gold! And when push comes to shove, one of my silver and gold pieces will be more valuable than a big pile of actual silver and gold.