MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxLoad DataTitan Reloading
Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2Wideners
Lee Precision
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Say a little prayer for me...

Say a little prayer for me...

Well guys after struggling for years, deciding 6 months ago to do it, 3 months of jumping through some hoops today is the day!!! I will be checking into the hospital in about a hour for my Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy!!! For those that don't know that's having my stomach removed and leaving a 4 oz sliver. I'm not worried or scared heck I reload a 500 mag lol but figured any prayers could help. I will check in later and let you all know how it went thanks my friends.

Boolit Master

Good luck and God bless.
    Gun control is not about guns.

Boolit Grand Master

Good morning
    Yes I will also pray God blesses this procedure. Had to research it also to know what this is.
    Mike in Peru
    "Behold The Lamb of God that taketh away the sin of the world". John 1:29
    Male Guanaco out in dry lakebed at 10,800 feet south of Arequipa.

Tony,
    May GOD put his hands around you and protect you during this proceedure, and bless you as well as the physician.
    "Those who hammer their guns into plows, will plow for those who do not"
    Thomas Jefferson

prayers going up. and if I may offer a word...please listen and do exactly what they tell you to eat and not to eat. all will be well! keep us posted!
    what lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to while lies within us - emerson

Well surgery went great! no hernia no problems. I only slept a hour last night so very sleepily but doing well stomach or what's left feels very crampy like a bad diarrhea cramp other that doing well lol the morphine drip is defiantly helping.... Will update more later thanks guys!

Boolit Grand Master

My thoughts and Prayers go out to you and your family. May all go well

Boolit Master
    Doesn't sound like fun at all ... glad it went well. Keep checking in.

Randy
    Plata o plomo?
    Plomo, por favor!

Prayed for you TBP. I hope this works out well for you. The first day of the rest of your life!
    Jay
    "The .30-06 is never a mistake." Townsend Whelen

"THESE are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands by it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph."
    Thomas Paine

Boolit Master

If attitude has an effect on the outcome, yours should be great. The procedure sounds like it could entail a long recovery period. My prayer for you is that you will continue to improve very quickly and that the surgery will be a complete success. I pray you will rest well and be refreshed.
    Mark 5:34 And He said to her (Jesus speaking), "Daughter, your faith has made you well. Go in peace and be healed of your affliction."

Thanks for all the kind words guys your all like a big family to me and I appreciate you all, very much the first day of the rest of my life, last day of my old life too! Well time for another nap hard to sleep but with a morphine drip it helps! Will posted more in the am

Boolit Buddy

I wish you a speedy recovery. God bless.

Hoping that all continues to go well. I bet eating is going to be different now!
    Oh great, another thread that makes me spend money.

Well so far everything is going great they will be coming to remove the drain and hopefully by noon be released and starting the almost 2 hour ride home thanks again for all the prayers and well wishes don't think there's such a thing as too many prayers lol thanks again my brothers!'j

Well finally home and off the good pain meds so this is pretty rough at the moment, but will get a lil better each day so they say lol. And yes lots of changes, amount of food, number of times I eat each day, what I eat each day but the rewards will be what I have wanted for many years. Little back history I'm 6'6" always been large framed and when I was playing football in school I strived to gain a lil weight. Lots of carbs and protein and workouts. Well the football stopped the work out slowed and the diet didn't. Oh I lost weight but always a yo-yo drop so much and gain it back plus a few. My highest recorded weight was 462 a couple years back and I fought to get down to 280 then.... I gained it back. March 29 2013 I weighed in at 455 that was the day I went to the information class about the different types of bariatric surgeries, see my doc got worried blood pressure was getting high and so was blood sugar. Well I started to diet on my own at that point and on May 20 2013 I weighed in at 434 with a lose of 21 lbs. Then my 2 week diet of 800 calories and 60 grams of protein a day started and 2 weeks later on June 3 2013 I weighed in at 405 yes that's right I lost 29 lbs in 2 weeks. For the next month I am on a 400 calorie liquid diet and hope to lose another 50. My goal weight is 250 lbs so after there diet plans I should be at about 350 and will continue work to lose the last hundred. With exercise and the right diet my doc figures 8 months to reach it then its just a matter of increasing calories till I am maintaining that weight. Sorry about the long write up but I'm just so excited to finally start this journey, and wanted to share it with my brothers. Again thank you all for the warm wishes and prayers! I will try to keep you all updated on my journey. Take care my friends!

Glad your home and moving on with it!
    I know about struggling with weight. Not to your extent but have fought the pounds for years. 306lb last Doc visit. Bp meds, lipids high, cholesterol high etc.
    Praying for you.
    Jay
    "The .30-06 is never a mistake." Townsend Whelen

"THESE are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands by it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph."
    Thomas Paine

Banned

I am glad to hear all went well Tony. I am pm'ing you my phone number just in case you need someone to talk to.

Andy

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    I am glad to hear all went well Tony. I am pm'ing you my phone number just in case you need someone to talk to.

Andy
    Thanks Andy!!

Boolit Grand Master

Tony, congratulations on a difficult decision and a long fight. This surgery is a tool, nothing more or less. It does not solve the problem, it only gives you a fighting chance to solve the problem. After my Dx of diabetes I started losing weight and exercising. Nothing as dramatic as your are doing, but my hardest problem wasn't and isn't losing the weight. My hardest problem is establishing an interesting diet that maintains my weight and condition. Counting carbs and controlling them has been a central part of that process.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boy do I miss the morphine drip, really hurting today but its suppose to get better one day at a time....