Inline FabricationWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
RotoMetals2Load DataTitan ReloadingRepackbox
Snyders Jerky
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone using Lathesmith dies?

Boolit Buddy

Anyone using Lathesmith dies?

Well, if you're not, you should be

I just got in some dies I ordered from Lathesmith. This was my first order, and I made it based on the many fine recommendations from the members here.

The dies and punches are absolutely top notch, and he has earned all my future business. He is truly a "Lathesmith" , a fine Craftsman whose pride in his workmanship is readily apparent.

A great person to deal with, an excellent product delivered quickly, and even priced better than others. That's a hard combination to beat.

Thanks Lathesmith for the great job!!!!

I think everyone who has done business with him has been very happy with his work. I know I am.

Boolit Master

That's almost funny. I thought EVERYBODY used Lathesmith dies & stuff. His quality is the reason so many of us buy our dies from him. Great work. Mike
    Politicians are a lot like diapers. They should be changed frequently, and for the same reason. Benjamin Franklin

Chris does damned fine work. IMHO, you'd be nuts to use any other dies.
    "Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most." A. Brilliant

Boolit Master
    Yea I do. Also as a side benefit. When I ordered my .358 die I told him what mold I wanted to cast with. He sent me a die with just the right amount of holes in just the right place.
    Good stuff.

Boolit Bub
    You can't go wrong with Chris's products, quality or price

Black Powder 100%

Livingston, La. 20 miles east of Baton Rouge, La.
    I think you should of did a search before posting your preaching to the Choir message. This site has been running for many years and in that time Chris Smith has more than likely made Star Dies for almost every member who uses the Star lube Sizer.
    The owner of Star even asked me to see if Chris would be interested in making all of their dies. His work is as well known on this forum as a box of Sugar cereal is known to kids. He is not short of Accolades but I guess another one from a new member will do him no harm.
    Shooter of the "HOLY BLACK" SASS 81802 AKA FAIRSHAKE; NRA ; BOLD; WARTHOG;Deadwood Marshal;Bayou Bounty Hunter; So That his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat; 44 WCF filled to the top, 210 gr. bullet

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by cajun shooter View Post
    I think you should of did a search before posting your preaching to the Choir message. This site has been running for many years and in that time Chris Smith has more than likely made Star Dies for almost every member who uses the Star lube Sizer.
    The owner of Star even asked me to see if Chris would be interested in making all of their dies. His work is as well known on this forum as a box of Sugar cereal is known to kids. He is not short of Accolades but I guess another one from a new member will do him no harm.
    Hi Cajun,

The title and first sentence was intended to be humorous, as most members here are indeed aware of Lathesmith and his fine workmanship.

But, there are new members everyday. Folks who have not heard of him, and who will not see all the old threads. In light of the recent shortages of ammo, there has been a huge increase in the number of folks who want to start Reloading and Casting.

They don't know........

And besides, If someone does a good job for me, I want to say Thanks, and share it with others. I want Chris to know that his work and attention to detail is appreciated. What better place to do that than here.

Boolit Bub

I just got a set of 9mm reloading dies for my Star... beautiful ...wonderful work!

John

Quote Originally Posted by captaint View Post
    That's almost funny. I thought EVERYBODY used Lathesmith dies & stuff. His quality is the reason so many of us buy our dies from him. Great work. Mike
    captaint
    Wish there was some kind of ebay "like" button (or is that facebook ? I disremember) on here, as I'd give you positive feedbacks for your comment. I kinda chuckled at OPs question, as I also thought EVERYBODY used Chris' dies.
    How'd that old beer commercial say ? Something about "I LOVE YOU MAN !"

Come to think of it, I believe even Charleton Heston did one of those commercials, too.

I ordered several of his handiwork with no second thoughts, even tho I have a complete machine shop in my shop. He does FAR BETTER work than I could ever dream of. I'd rather buy (his) quality work than to say that some crep work I did was something I built myself.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TC2xTCb_GU

Have you ever heard of an anchor holding SLOW ?
    As far as some of us on this forum, we don't bite; We shoot !
    To see my images at imgur.com
    sign in as BOOLITCASTER
    password - 123456789

I remember when Chris was a wee Lad still in knee britches learning his trade, asking questions and finding himself. Where does time go?
    Jay
    "The .30-06 is never a mistake." Townsend Whelen

"THESE are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands by it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph."
    Thomas Paine

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by mroliver77 View Post
    I remember when Chris was a wee Lad still in knee britches learning his trade, asking questions and finding himself. Where does time go?
    Jay
    "finding himself"? he better stop that and go back to work! doesn't he know that can make you go blind? speaking of which, where'd I put my glasses now?
    ROF....Retired Old Fart
    Lincoln freed the slaves, obama freed the terrorists
    the wishbone will never replace the backbone

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by captaint View Post
    you beat me to it! theres someone that DOESN'T do business w/him?
    ROF....Retired Old Fart
    Lincoln freed the slaves, obama freed the terrorists
    the wishbone will never replace the backbone

Boolit Buddy

I only have two dies at the moment for my star and both are from Chris. He even helped explain some things to me on the first one I ordered. As long as he is cranking the dies out, I will be buying from him.

I have at a collection of Chris's dies. I have run hundreds of thousands of bullets through them, usually at somewhere around 4k bullets an hour and they still drop bullets to spec. I have abused them like no dies should be abused.

Boolit Master
    I have a complaint about doing business with Chris !
    He has at times put a major dent in my checking account !
    I periodically have to forgo beer for a week just to purchase another die !

Jerry
    S&W .38/44 Outdoorsman Accumulator

Boolit Buddy
    Well some of us may be old casters but new star users. Just ordered 3 dies from chris on friday. I'm sure that they will be most excellent. The great part of doing business with him is that he listens to his customers questions and responds very quickly with great suggestions without making the customer feel foolish. A couple PM's and you get the feel your seeking advice from an old friend. You can be a great machinist and a poor business man. Chris excels at all levels of business.
    Compromise is giving up something you are unwilling to fight for! ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ www.concealedcarryofarkansas.com

Boolit Buddy
    All my star dies came form lathesmith. Excellent products and I'm very happy with them.
    What this Country needs is more unemployed politicians

Everyone including myself seems to be satisfied with Lathesmith. He does great work, no doubting that.

Great products put out by a good business man and nice guy. I have a number of his dies and another in the works as I type.

Top Notch!
    There is some ammo and more ammo. There is never enough ammo!