RotoMetals2Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionLoad Data
Reloading EverythingWidenersTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters Supply Repackbox
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Load for .444 Marlin

Boolit Mold
    I shoot 350gr Hardcast bullets, Accurately, with the MG and 1-38 twist, my pet 350gr bullet is the Ranch Dog, I do not use tumble lube, I do pan lube those bullets. The Ranch Dog 350 shoots excelent! there is one other thing you need to be aware of with Marlins in 444, and that is fill the throat, thats why bore ride bullets seem to work great and why Ranch Dogs bullets shoot so great when they are at least .432.

Quote Originally Posted by Shuz View Post
    What 300g hollow point did you use?
    Mihec 44 mag/ 444 Marlin bullet , it has three crimp grooves for different applications and works great. I will second the Ranch Dog 350 gn recommendation, nice and accurate.
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.
    Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. -Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Clay M View Post
    This is great to know. I have owned the old gun for forty years.It was a Christmas present from my father.The next question is whether it will stabilize the RCBS 300 gr gas check bullet . I would prefer to use the heavier bullets.
    It'll stabalize 375 grain bullets if you make uhm big enough , water quench the wheelweight alloy and push uhm hard with H322 or IMR8208 or RL-7 !
    Parker's , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines

Boolit Master
    Veral at LBT speaks highly of micro grooves as excellent cast bullet shooters in his forum. He accredits this to all the rifling edges and minimal distortion. Veral likes hard bullets in the big bore and warns that proper fit is critical at all times.

It was a real education to realize that my 444, used for decades, would be an outstanding rifle with cast bullets for hunting not just plinking. The large flat meplat and mass of big bore cast bullets works very well at big lever gun velocities. I used 265 Hornady's for years, with fine results, but they are getting hard to get up here. Casting for my 444 got me setup for casting and now my bullets cost pennies and 444 premium bullets are made in the garage. With the runaway in the US gun market supply up here really sucks.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter64 View Post
    Mihec 44 mag/ 444 Marlin bullet , it has three crimp grooves for different applications and works great. I will second the Ranch Dog 350 gn recommendation, nice and accurate.
    I now have that mould in my stable. Yesterday I fired a few groups with 45g of Rel 7 and the MP-433-300HP and got 2.2" accuracy at 50 meters from a rest. Velocity was 2158 fps with an SD of 5. I'm a happy camper!
    It's all chicken, even the beak!

California. Where absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good.
    Hey now that's what we all like to see. Happy campers, strong loads and good results.

I can only get lee molds here in Australia in .429 so I'm not sure how I go with cast bullets in my 444ss M/G that I picked up yesterday.