Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Snyders JerkyRotoMetals2WidenersLoad Data
Inline Fabrication

Thread: Savage axis trigger adjustment

Boolit Master

Savage axis trigger adjustment

I have a few of these guns around and was wandering if there was any way I can get a lighter trigger. I took the action off the stock and there is only a spring "no adjustment" like my Rem 700. If you can give me any help or point me some other direction I appreciate it.

Boolit Grand Master
    Last edited by Ben; 05-20-2013 at 09:24 AM.

Boolit Buddy
    I just did one of these for a friend of mine. I polished the sear surface and the trigger were the sear catches. It was a very rough trigger. I guess on some of these less expensive guns little details like that get skipped to save money. I also clipped a half a coil off the spring. There is a set screw for adjusting the safety. Make sure you adjust that if you take material off the top part of the trigger to make it break sooner. Otherwise you may end up with an unsafe gun. It helped a lot with the roughness of the trigger pull but he would like it lighter. That may call for a new spring. The factory spring is a smaller diameter where it goes into the trigger so its probably not something you can pick up at the hardware store.
    Other than the trigger I thought it was a really nice gun for the money

Boolit Buddy

USMC87 google the savage axis trigger mod and you should find what your looking for. The threads for that trigger spring are 10-24 and a #8 or a 1/4" spring and some blue loctite are pretty much all you will need to lower the pull weight.

Mario
    dagunnut