RotoMetals2Load DataSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
WidenersLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
Repackbox
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Hodgdon powder is in, my peeps.

Boolit Master
    Some people get all the luck, mine is just sitting there in my previous order list and no action yet.

Update: Pretty sorry customer service when they can't get around to telling me that I fat fingered some info and just sell my order to the next customer. "We only hold it a couple of days", but if you never tell me there is a problem I can't fix it.
    Last edited by texassako; 04-24-2013 at 11:55 AM. Reason: update

I got an email from them yesterday...no 231 or power pistol.
    This was after they charged my card on 4/18. The email said
    that they were going to ship the remaining 3 lbs I had ordered
    on 4/15.

I called them, and made some adjustments, buying more of
    what they had in stock. They then charged my card again.
    My email to them about the second charge, which was less
    than the first charge was replied to with an explanation that
    they processed a credit for the first charge, and that I would
    likely see the credit in "several days".

What I am wondering is why they didn't just use the
    money they already had and issue a credit for the difference.
    Also, why did they charge the card without having the product
    available to ship? The supervisor I spoke with indicated
    that they do not generally charge until they are ready to ship.

I only proceeded with this order because of the lack of
    available product. Their only explanation for the lack
    of my powder was that they were "slammed with orders".
    They sat on my order for a week, no wonder they ran out.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by texassako View Post
    Some people get all the luck, mine is just sitting there in my previous order list and no action yet.

Update: Pretty sorry customer service when they can't get around to telling me that I fat fingered some info and just sell my order to the next customer. "We only hold it a couple of days", but if you never tell me there is a problem I can't fix it.

That is but one reason that I always talk to a person when ordering something even if you can do it over the computer.

Boolit Master
    Just ordered some H110, Thanks for the heads up!!

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by zomby woof View Post
    Just ordered some H110, Thanks for the heads up!!
    how can you order something that is out of stock?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    how can you order something that is out of stock?
    Because I got the last ones!!!!!

Boolit Master
    What you initially order and get charged for, and what they finally box up and ship up are two different animals.

I sincerely hope that you get exactly what you ordered, because I and many others didn't.

Boolit Master
    Thank you much. Was able to at least pick up some Unique and blue dot. Wish I could have picked up some RE7 and some H335. I should be good on Unique for awhile now at least.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 462 View Post
    What you initially order and get charged for, and what they finally box up and ship up are two different animals.

I sincerely hope that you get exactly what you ordered, because I and many others didn't.
    Really? Or are you just greatly exaggerating so that you'll feel better about a real or imagined slight? Why don't you just tell us what YOUR story is.
    Did you order online and they had the item(s) in stock and then when they got to your order they were out because others had ordered before you. Or maybe someone , like me, walked in and bought on site. When I called about getting some Titegroup I had just a minute before looked on line and they had 15 one pound cans. When on the phone one minute later there were only five. I told him to hold those for me (they know who I am as I have been buying there for over two decades). When I got there twenty minutes later I got those five cans and decided to also buy five cans of HP-38. Those were ten cans that went to a cash in hand customer. That's the way it is. When I order over the phone I get a comfirmation of my order from a person and don't think I have ever been shorted in anything I have ordered that way. That's why I do it and I suggest you do it that way too. You don't have to of course, what you do is up to you.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
    Really? Or are you just greatly exaggerating so that you'll feel better about a real or imagined slight? Why don't you just tell us what YOUR story is.
    Did you order online and they had the item(s) in stock and then when they got to your order they were out because others had ordered before you. Or maybe someone , like me, walked in and bought on site. When I called about getting some Titegroup I had just a minute before looked on line and they had 15 one pound cans. When on the phone one minute later there were only five. I told him to hold those for me (they know who I am as I have been buying there for over two decades). When I got there twenty minutes later I got those five cans and decided to also buy five cans of HP-38. Those were ten cans that went to a cash in hand customer. That's the way it is. When I order over the phone I get a comfirmation of my order from a person and don't think I have ever been shorted in anything I have ordered that way. That's why I do it and I suggest you do it that way too. You don't have to of course, what you do is up to you.
    Maybe you should read up on the other thread a bit, 462 and others already stated their issues: http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...hooters-supply!

Boolit Grand Master

No kiddin . . .

According to Bwana if I go online and order something they say they have in stock, get a confirmation email AND HAVE MY CARD CHARGED THE FULL AMOUNT plus HAZMAT & shipping charges and Bwana walks in the door they should sell him my powder . . . Which I have already paid for. And as for me? Well, just the way it is I guess, I'll get my money back, eventually. Maybe?

Looks my order went through with no problems, according to UPS I should have it tomorrow and I'll know for sure. I can sure see where/why 462 & others are quite upset though.

Rick
    "The people never give up their freedom . . . Except under some delusion." Edmund Burke

"Let us remember that if we suffer tamely a lawless attack on our liberty, we encourage it." Samuel Adams

NRA Benefactor Life Member
    CRPA Life Member

Boolit Master
    Bwana,
    I have told my story (as have others) and added to it, just a bit ago. Please read the thread that Texassko's post has linked to.

Your post clearly shows what is wrong with Third Generation business policies. I placed an on-line, it was confirmed and assigned an order number to track. A few days later, my credit card was charged for the full amount of the order, including shipping and Haz-Mat fees, however my order has not shipped. A week later, I got an e-mail stating that only a partial order will be shipped, because they sold out of one of the powders. Now, I have to wait for a credit.

A Mr. Bailey, who says that he represents the company, chimed in on the other thread, but his attitude only made the situation worse.

Anyone know where to get some Lil'Gun Powder?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by cbrick View Post
    No kiddin . . .

According to Bwana if I go online and order something they say they have in stock, get a confirmation email AND HAVE MY CARD CHARGED THE FULL AMOUNT plus HAZMAT & shipping charges and Bwana walks in the door they should sell him my powder . . . Which I have already paid for. And as for me? Well, just the way it is I guess, I'll get my money back, eventually. Maybe?

Looks my order went through with no problems, according to UPS I should have it tomorrow and I'll know for sure. I can sure see where/why 462 & others are quite upset though.

Rick
    You are correct that an order, whether online, phone, or walkin, should be pulled and set aside when paid for. That obviously wasn't done and these unfilled orders were the result. Hopefully they will rectify this.
    I will do my part to spare anyone else here any future mixups by, in the future, not posting when they receive supplies. It's the least I can do.

Banned
    I called and talked to the people there and I thought I would let you know a couple of things.

They regret any inconvience that was caused, as has already been expressed in the other thread. The one thing I found interesting is that in one day they had orders totaling 7000 lbs. They apparently are restricted to sending 700 lb each day on the UPS truck that picks up the orders going out. That means ten days worth of shipping. That will cause a backup. Just something to keep in mind.