WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationTitan Reloading
RepackboxLee PrecisionSnyders JerkyLoad Data
RotoMetals2

Thread: Cast bullet for 410

Cast bullet for 410

I like to know if anyone have load a cast bullet in a 2 1/2" case of a 410 and how it work out.I was thinking of like a 45cal cast bullet.Thank you
    Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA

Boolit Master
    Sure people have done it. The question is, "Should you do it?" A 45 pistol bullet is .042" oversized for a .410 bore, and a lot of .410's have a full choke with an I.D. of .386". Your 45 bullet will go into a plastic 2.5" hull, but it may not chamber. For your entertainment:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwX9mJvss1k
    You have the right to force me to pay for the feeding, housing, clothing, education, and medical treatment of yourself and your children when I have THE RIGHT TO FORCE YOU TO PICK MY COTTON!

Section 1 13th Amendment to the Constitution:
    "Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as punishment for a crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction."

Well I haven't started reloading yet but that is something I wouldn't even think about doing. I would just go with a round ball or slug if your looking to cast your own.

Thank you for all your help .that is why i ask to see what you all have to say on it and you all help alot .I will take your all advice not to do it.Thank you
    Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA

Boolit Master

A 41 cal. .410 bullet should work. I've been thinking about trying them
    in a .410 Enfield musket.
    Denny

Boolit Bub
    i have loaded 2- 38 cal wad cutters in a 410 hull before and they shot great at 25 yds.

Boolit Grand Master
    I see little reason to do "stupid" things with guns. Even if something 'works' 100 times, it does not insure you will not blow up the gun the 101th time you pull the trigger. Anyone ever hear of metal fatigue?

In those 45-colt/410-shot combo guns you can safely and sanely load 45-cal bullets in 410 hulls but in a regular 410-shotgun designed only for shot-shells and not a combo gun using an oversize bullet like that would not be wise.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by leadhead View Post
    A 41 cal. .410 bullet should work. I've been thinking about trying them
    in a .410 Enfield musket.
    Denny
    Hey Denny...beins as how you're in western Pa. I was wondering if you're going to Fort Frederick Trade Fair this weekend and if you have a .410 mold? Would a Lee 90462 work for what you're doing? (TL 410-175-swc-2cav.) And what exactly is a Enfield musket? Never heard of it. Thanks...Audie...the Oldfart from south-central Pa.

Boolit Master

Ya'll got me thinking....took #6 HV load pellets out of a 3" shell and replaced w/5-00 buck and recrimped with a little buffer. Really good pattern and power to 25 yds out of my .45/410 "circuit judge" Taurus 5 shot long gun revolver. 3 pellets in 8" circle and confident it would take down a Georgia deer. Federal makes a 3" load w/ 5- OOO pellets that a friend shot out of a full choke single shot, put 2 in a snuff can @ 50 yds and a 6" pattern @30 yds.....pretty remarkable.