Titan ReloadingRepackboxReloading EverythingWideners
Snyders JerkyLoad DataInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2 Lee Precision
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Home made egg noodles

Boolit Bub

Home made egg noodles

Don't buy them store bought noodles, these are great for soups or something to put stew or gravy on,
    I use them in my chicken soup:

This is the regular size recipe, I double it for my big batches of soup

Mix in a bowl, 2 eggs-slightly beaten, 2 Tbsps cream or canned milk, 1/2
    tsp baking powder and 1/2 tsp salt. Add about 1 1/2 cups flour.

Should make a stiff dough that does not stick to hands. Put on floured board. Roll very thin. Sprinkle with a little flour as you roll so dough will not stick to rolling pin. Sprinkle again with a little flour and roll up in a long roll. Cut in 1/8 inch slices. Unroll slices and let dry for a few minutes or longer. Stir into boiling broth and let cook for about 7 minutes with cover on. Stir a few times to keep from sticking. (I cook mine longer than this and do not cover them but do whatever you like as long as they get done.)
    If you have a kitchen aide pasta maker attachment it works great for these. Enjoy, Darrell

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	chickenSoup2.jpg 
Views:	326 
Size:	38.8 KB 
ID:	67787

Boolit Master

Man, that looks GOOD !!!!
    Facta non verba

Boolit Master

Very similar to my paternal grandmother's recipe that I have eaten 10K times in my life. Chicken and noodles or cut into dumpling size. Woof! Delicious! Make them early and let sit spread out in a cookie sheet and let 'em dry out some. Firmer. These can also be made in a bulk batch and frozen. Lasts 6 months in the freezer in zip lock bags. Probably longer, but mine never really made it to 6 months.
    One of my father's favorite statements: "If I say a chicken dips snuff, look under his wing for the snuffbox" How I was raised, who I am.

Boolit Master
    looks really good, I'll give it a try, thanks

Boolit Buddy
    I use 1egg to 1cup of flour and salt in the food processor, adding a little water until the dough forms up, can't beat the dough roller attachment to the Kitchen Aid for finishing up the dough, and rolling it out.

Banned

im going to have to try this. thanks!

Boolit Man
    We have 7 hens in the back yard and egg comming out of our ears. Any recipe that uses eggs is good around here. We will definately try this recipe. It looks delicious! Thanks for sharing.

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master

My Grandma only used egg yolks. Made the noodles extra rich...

Boolit Master

If you are super lazy like me (ok not really but) you don't even roll out the dough flat. Just take your chunk of dough and cut thin slivers or slabs off one end until you chop it all up. This gives you thicker shorter noodles that work well for dumplins. I actually kind of prefer it and it sure is easier, especially if you don't have a dough roller.
    "Is all this REALLY necessary?"

Boolit Grand Master

I was using the pasta maker attachment on my Kitchen Aide when it broke an internal gear. This was mid-December, had to make my Christmas breads by hand that year. Anybody wants to know how to buy parts and overhaul a Kitchen Aide mixer give me a PM.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

cat223 maybe you should try making egg custard with nutmeg to consume those eggs, it is a favorite desert of mine. Fishman, you can use a wine or whisky bottle or of the sort for rolling dough. And no you don't have to finish the bottle before use. The soup looks like third helpings to me ddaniel1. No need for a lot of crackers there.

Boolit Master
    Tried it with some pesto we made last summer and froze - sure won't be the last time we use this recipe. I like the idea of making your own dimension noodles/dumplings for whatever the purpose.

Sure are tasty

thanks
    ward
    "To anger a conservative, lie to him. To anger a liberal, tell him the truth." —Theodore Roosevelt"

Boolit Bub

Ward, glad you liked them.

Boolit Master
    If only there was a way you could FAX a bowl of that over to me right now!

Boolit Bub

I thought about posting that recipe, its pretty basic but it is mighty good.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by TXGunNut View Post
    I was using the pasta maker attachment on my Kitchen Aide when it broke an internal gear. This was mid-December, had to make my Christmas breads by hand that year. Anybody wants to know how to buy parts and overhaul a Kitchen Aide mixer give me a PM.
    Here are a few for you.

http://www.mendingshed.com/kitaidparts.html

http://www.ereplacementparts.com/kitchenaid-mixer-parts-c-114958_114959.html

Cast Boolits Search Tool

The Learning Never Stops!

Boolit Grand Master

Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Master

mmm Fax me a bowl of that too! Wow that looks good, I too do my own noodles often, first I ever did was german spaetzel noodles after duck hunting and having no much in the house other than the ducks, a shriveled carrot, a can of chicken and a can of beef broth and some hot sauce and one egg and flour. I mixed the spaetzle dough in a ziplock and clipped a corner and piped it into the hot duck soup. It was delicious.

I make my own lasagna noodles, polish noodles for fried cabbage, and dumpling style noodles for my chicken soups. It doesn't take all that long and is always the fix when i don't have the correct storebought noodles on hand. Well i can't do the fancy elbows and other extusions.

Boolit Master

Similar mix with butter instead of cream. Rolled into a long string and chopped into bits. Kind of a homemade gnochii.
    Every shot you get in life counts

Boolit Grand Master
    I like them THICK!!

Shiloh
    Je suis Charlie

"A society of sheep must in time beget a government of wolves."
    Bertrand de Jouvenel

“Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one.” – Joseph P. Martino

“If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert , in five years there would be a shortage of sand.” – Milton Friedman

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns; why should we let them have ideas?" - J. Stalin