Titan ReloadingLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
RotoMetals2WidenersReloading EverythingSnyders Jerky
Repackbox Inline Fabrication
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For the FFL holders

For the FFL holders

Im not sure where to ask this but this forum seems to get the most viewers so........
    If Obama gets the mandatory background check for firearms and ammunition, it seems that passing that bill will effect many things. Since the federal governments definition of ammunition encompasses all its parts as well as the completed round,that means no more sales of once fired brass or bullets that we have a surplus of without doing a background check or we're charged with a felony. Has anyone thought if this? The stream of reloading components will essentially be shut down in the private sector. The cost of a background check added to a box of bullets from your dealer will get costly.
    It sounds like the background check to include ammunition is a Trojan Horse. Any experts care to chime in?

Just left my recycler and was told that they're not allowed to sell recycled brass and lead any longer. I really feel for the guys just getting into this sport because their gun is slowly becoming a paper weight.
    They're not going after the guns, they're going after the ammunition.

Boolit Grand Master

Sounds like the plan all along, who says commies aren't smart.
    Charter Member #148

Boolit Grand Master

The owner of the yard made the decision to not sell to the public. A lot of them do it. But there are no federal laws preventing them from selling to the public.

I have not read a copy of what the universal checks would entail. I haven't heard of them encompassing more than firearms themselves.

I don't think this has been the plan all along but it certainly is the plan now. The feds are going to include the ammunition in the background check to stop the sale of components. This has never been the plan as components were always available. The background check doesn't have to include ammunition for the check on firearm purchases to be effective and the feds know it. Nobody is going to take anything away, they're just going to make it impossible to get.

Quote Originally Posted by dragon813gt View Post
    The owner of the yard made the decision to not sell to the public. A lot of them do it. But there are no federal laws preventing them from selling to the public.

I have not read a copy of what the universal checks would entail. I haven't heard of them encompassing more than firearms themselves.
    Everytime Biden speaks, he includes the word "ammunition" in the background check. He wouldn't say it unless there is a plan to do it. I sincerely hope Im wrong but my gutt feeling tells me Im not.

Boolit Master
    Of course I hope they get nothing new on the books for laws. They don't seam to know how to enforce what they have now. I always thought the Eric Holder plot to send guns to Mexico was all about showing they came from normal people, and have a reason for more gun control, lucky he got busted doing this. He should be locked down in prision now. Think about this, the holder of a CCW is exempt from a brady check. One brady check each time the CCW is renewed. This is a federal law. If a brady check becomes necessary for every box of 22 shells, one might consider getting a CCW if you can, in your state, to be exempt from this madness.
    Once the gun control folks discover this fact, I can see them trying to change this as well as fast as they can.
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by cwheel View Post
    Of course I hope they get nothing new on the books for laws. They don't seam to know how to enforce what they have now. I always thought the Eric Holder plot to send guns to Mexico was all about showing they came from normal people, and have a reason for more gun control, lucky he got busted doing this. He should be locked down in prision now. Think about this, the holder of a CCW is exempt from a brady check. One brady check each time the CCW is renewed. This is a federal law. If a brady check becomes necessary for every box of 22 shells, one might consider getting a CCW if you can, in your state, to be exempt from this madness.
    Once the gun control folks discover this fact, I can see them trying to change this as well as fast as they can.
    Chris
    I've had my permit for 30 years and still have to do a background check when i buy a gun. What state do you live in that doesn't require a background check for permit holders? I see you live in Nevada but the check is federal and having a state carry permit doesn't eliminate it.

Banned

all we need to do is show a ccw license also.
    the back round checks go through bci not the whomever.
    there are different agency's for everything.

We used to be able to show a permit to wave the waiting period but every dealer I've encountered, even at shows does the background check. This is odd since its a federal check. Is there a list of states that don't require it for permit holders?

Boolit Grand Master

The CCW no background check for a purchase is dependent on the state. I'd imagine it's in states where you have to qualify for the permit. Nothing is required in my state to acquire the permit so I still have a PICS(Pennsylvania Instant Check System) run on every purchase. The system can barely handle to load now. Make it required for ammo and it would be overwhelmed and bankrupt very quickly. People need to wake up and realize what those type of programs cost to run.

Boolit Grand Master

What seems to be missing around the media and politicians' bla-bla, is that we already have background checks. The first gun I bought new, from a dealer was in '69, and a back ground check was necessary back then, and the gun I bought last November, a background check was mandatory. I think the uninformed populace (liberals and do-gooders) don't know that it's already on the books, and think anyone can go in a store, plop down some cash, and walk out with a gun. I also believe the anti-gunners are pushing legislation for background checks, that has "riders" for more serious stuff/restrictive legislations.
    My Anchor is holding fast!

Boolit Master

Texas also recognizes a concealed carry permit and waives the background check. You still fill out the 4473, though.

David
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon813gt View Post
    The CCW no background check for a purchase is dependent on the state. I'd imagine it's in states where you have to qualify for the permit. Nothing is required in my state to acquire the permit so I still have a PICS(Pennsylvania Instant Check System) run on every purchase.
    In Georgia there is no qualifying for carry permit either and the background check is waived for permit holders.
    -William

"How air ye fixed fer meat, Del?" --John Johnson Crow Killer, The Saga of Liver-Eating Johnson

My Feedback: http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...t=stonecrusher

Boolit Man

In South Carolina I still have to fill out the 4473 but no background check is required for a CWP holder here.

Boolit Master

KY requires the paperwork but no background check for CCW holders.
    God Bless, Whisler

Banned

they want the "40%" of sales that aren't checked stopped.
    odd that, since they choke cough don't cough keep choke records cough cough.
    apparently 1/2 of the guns we all buy we sell immediately to someone else.
    in my case it's more like 99 out of 100.
    I only have one rifle and one handgun left.
    they are both belt fed and have 100 round clips with wheels on the bottom as back-up.

Woa wait a min. there is nothing being purposed on ammo at the federal level that I have seen or heard from the NRA or GOA and I get email every day.

The gun sales they want to stop is F2F private party non FFL holders it has been that way in Ca. since 1994.

I'm not OK with any of it.

Your going to see alot of state that are passing anti-2A laws in court and losing but it will take time and damage will be done, they have two stupid ones just introduced here in Ca. one has to do with repairing hi cap mag that you no longer can buy parts or the tool to work on them LOL guess you won't be able to own a screwdrive hammer dremel....

Boolit Master
    Those who have not as yet need to get up to speed on what has been happening in the UN. That Treaty when ratified by 50 Nations will effectively trump the second amendment. Wake up there is a New World Order being drafted and set in place. The Big Brothers of the world have joined forces and are out to make very well behaved childred of all of us.

By the way the move to disarm the citizens of UN Member Nations in fact first started there in the mid- sixties.
    NRA Patron Member
    Vet . 2nd of the 47th 9th.Inf. Viet Nam Mar. 67-68

I challenge your middle of nowhere, and raise you 5.
    As long as we have congress people this damn stupid, we are in real trouble. You just won't believe what she says. Watch it, it's only 40 seconds.
    http://cnsnews.com/blog/stephen-guto...s-them-bullets