RepackboxWidenersInline FabricationLoad Data
Snyders JerkyRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee Precision

Thread: NCStar rifle scpoe

NCStar rifle scpoe

Checked out a NC Star rifle scope last week at the gun shop. Do any members have one of these or have info on them, model is a 4x32 Mark III Rangefinder Tactical, here's some pics. of it. Any info would be a big help.Scope will be mounted on a AR-15 and used from 200 yards into 50 yards. Thanks for any info.http://castboolits.gunloads.com/asse...=1363218410rom http://castboolits.gunloads.com/asse...9&d=1363218405

I don't have that particular model. I have a NCstar 3x9 40mm with the IR. Its been a good scope so far. I don't have but maybe 200 rounds thru the gun with that scope. It can be switched from red to green and the intensity adjusted. Its mounted on a full size AR with 20" bbl. Your link didn't work by the way, so I Googled your model to look at it.
    NRA Life Member
    NAHC Life Member

And when the Persian said their arrows would "block out the sun" The Spartans said "Then we will have our battle in the shade!"

Boolit Master

Several of my friends and I went in together and bought a bunch of these scopes. I think I ended up with 6. One is on my Ruger RedHawk 44mag. One is on a custom build P14 7mm Rem Mag, and one is on my Savage Mod 99, 308 Win. The rest have gone in the trash, because they didn't hold up, every one of them gave up before the 10th shot. I would say that a 50% average is not bad considering the price I paid for them. Even by tossing half of them for the price I paid for them, I am still money ahead. I also do not have these scopes on rifles that I depend upon. These are rifles that I just play with. There is no way that I would put an NC star on a rifle that I plan on depending upon. That is why there are Redfields, Weavers, and Leupolds, Heck I would trust a Bushnell Sportview over an NC Star, and there is not a scope on the market I hate more than a Bushnell.

Best wishes,

Joe
    WWG1WGA

Tyrants use the force of the people to chain and subjugate-that is, enyoke the people. They then plough with them as men do with oxen yoked. Thus the spirit of liberty and innovation is reduced by bayonets, and principles are struck dumb by cannon shot: Albert Pike, Morals and Dogma

Moderator Emeritus

I traded for one a while back and put it on a 7 tcu contender. It has only seen lead but holds zero well. i am glad I am not in it more than a DC Ly mold.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Boolit Buddy
    I had lots of people tell me they aren't well made. I bought a 3x9 for my SKS. Once I got it in the mail it looked great till i shook it. I could hear a lens loose inside. Sent her back. I would spend a little more and get something a little better. Good luck

Boolit Buddy

I guess it's all on how the builder was feeling that day, or on what day of the week. I've got the same model with a mildot recticle that I put on a CETME. Been on there for almost three years now, and no problems. I also bought another with the P4 recticle with the rubber coated body and put on a Bushmaster XM15E2. So far they both have held up.

But I know some other friends who have put them on their rifles and not had as good of luck. So it would be hard to give a good rating because performance is iffy from person to person.
    One of the greatist delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation.- Thomas Reed (1886)
    "The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give it to those who would not."-Thomas Jefferson

Boolit Mold
    In Summary, a NCStar is perfectly acceptable if you are not concerned about having your hunt or trip to the range ruined!!! I'll buy that.

Moderator Emeritus

I wouldn't put an NCStar scope on a water gun. They're garbage.
    Give us this day our daily lead.

Sic Semper Tyrannis.

If you don't want 1984 you're going to need some 1776.
    WWGWD

They're 3P scopes - Piss Poor Products.

I like Nikons, they're affordable for me yet good enough quality for me. Plus I've been a Nikon camera and lens user for many, many years.