Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2RepackboxLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
Snyders Jerky Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rationing, profiteering and non-shooters

Boolit Master

Where Pennsylvania, Delaware, and Maryland join.
    After last time when things eased up for a long time you would go to gun shows and see guys still trying to get $50 or $60 a thousand for primers and not making any sales because others were selling at $30. I always figured they were the ones who got stuck and would rather sell nothing than sell at a loss.
    Blacksmith

S. G. G. = Sons of the Greatest Generation. Too old to run, too proud to hide; we will stand our ground and take as many as we can with us!

Quote Originally Posted by Recluse View Post
    or worse, just to make it unavailable to the rest of the shooting world.
    Yep. I've heard reports of this too. Radicalized communist faithful doing their part for the cause.
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face!" - Mike Tyson

"Don't let my fears become yours." - Me, talking to my children

That look on your face, when you shift into 6th gear, but it's not there.

Last gun show in our state capitol was laughable, literaly, several times my buddy and I were approached by browsers trying to sell $1000 mossberg 500's and $120 boxes of "ultra premium" federal 22lr ammo. Some vendors had LR ammo upwards of $1 per round, some had not even removed the old $5 a box stickers from last years show. After an exchange with one vendor several of us were bemused by a rotund, but wise fellow in beat up overalls and hat laughing and doubling over so hard that we were afraid for his health. One fella around asked the vendor why the ruckus, he replied that the guy asked the price on 550 count federals and he told him $100/bx. By this time our laughing friend had straightened up and told the vendor to go somewhere with something in some body orface.

On another note a couple co-workers were realy bummed last week because they wanted to go shoot their new .38's but had no ammo, so the next day I gave them both a box ea of the $10/bx federals that my smith doesnt like. This morning i got to work and there was a bucket FULL of LEAD ww's, and a two gallon tote of stick ons which cradled a bottle of sailor jerry wrapped in pics the guys had taken over the weekend of them and their families out shooting. I think they are gonna get another box or two ea i can always make more ammo, but friends, well theyre hard to make, esp ones that know your favorite bottle
    Any man who seeks to live free should keep a Bible on his desk and a .45 in the drawer.

i am associated with a fellow that purchased 15 beta mags from sportsmans. he is sellin them for 400$ each.
    he has asked me for ammo several times over the last month, to which i reply "you disgust me"
    this man has never shot a day in his life, and preaches gun cotrol...

i agree with yall on the hoping they get stuck with stuff. sure would be nice to see a little karmic return
    FEAR YOUR GOVERNMENT

“The duty of a patriot is to protect his country from its government.” - Thomas Paine

I had a customer come in today and ask us to ship some
    ammo for him. He sold two boxes of 9mm for $70 on Gunsamerica.
    We do not ship ammo, since UPS and FEDEX are now requiring
    additional documentation and training.

I ALMOST felt sorry for him...

I would have sold all those dies to those guys........ I just would have asked for their tax number.......You know the one the states and IRS want us to have to sell products..........Same for the guys reselling ammo...wonder what their FFL # is.............

Quote Originally Posted by dakotashooter2 View Post
    I would have sold all those dies to those guys........ I just would have asked for their tax number.......You know the one the states and IRS want us to have to sell products..........Same for the guys reselling ammo...wonder what their FFL # is.............
    I was just about to say we need to check into some of the sellers to see if they have FFL. If we buy from them and they don't have FFL number can we turn their @@@ in?

In Remembrance
    Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Man View Post
    I was just about to say we need to check into some of the sellers to see if they have FFL. If we buy from them and they don't have FFL number can we turn their @@@ in?
    Why in the world would we want to do that?

That would simply be inviting MORE government regulation in to the gun world, which we don't need. I enjoy purchasing firearms face-to-face so as not to have to fill out a stinking ATF 4473 form and have yet another record of yet another firearm I own.

No, the solution is to let these dweezils choke on their goods--especially the dweezils that don't even reload or stay active in the gun community.

Quote Originally Posted by Recluse View Post
    Why in the world would we want to do that?

That would simply be inviting MORE government regulation in to the gun world, which we don't need. I enjoy purchasing firearms face-to-face so as not to have to fill out a stinking ATF 4473 form and have yet another record of yet another firearm I own.

No, the solution is to let these dweezils choke on their goods--especially the dweezils that don't even reload or stay active in the gun community.

Yeah I guess you got a point the Government would most likely use it against us and not the ones reselling without FFL. Just trying to find a way to put a stop to this BS their pulling.

Boolit Master

The sad part is the fact that a lot of the scum that is buying bulk has a lot of it already sold or has a market for it. A good bunch will end up in trouble when the prices come down, but usually these are the dumb ones that are hanging on for just a little bit more money and get caught on the downside. It is just about impossible to get people to stop buying from these scumbags and wait out the price gouging. The prices would come down a lot sooner then and the gougers would take a beating.
    Jack
    "'Necesity' is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of Tyrants: it is the creed of slaves."
    William Pitt, 1783
    "America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we faulter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." Abraham Lincoln.

The fact is I really don't need ammo or any thing their reselling but it ticks me off when folks that have no ammo at all can't go buy it at a shop or store. I seen a old man and his wife trying to buy one box of 50 22lr the other morning at Wal-mart and couldn't get them. I heard his wife ask him "what will we do if someone breaks in" this got to me. These two were well into their late 80's I called the man over and asked him if he really needed a box he said "yes I only have two shoots left at home". I told him if he could wait for a bit I'd be right back I ran home and got a box of CCI stands and returned and gave them to him. He wanted to pay me for them and my gas I told him no he said he had to give me something. I told him he could buy me a cup of coffee and we would call it even they pulled over to the store and we got a cup of coffee and talked while we drink the coffee. He had been trying to get one box of 22lr for over two weeks without any luck or help from anyone. There had been a few houses broke into near them in the last 3 weeks and these two were old and only had a 22 pistol with two rounds for protection.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Man View Post
    The fact is I really don't need ammo or any thing their reselling but it ticks me off when folks that have no ammo at all can't go buy it at a shop or store. I seen a old man and his wife trying to buy one box of 50 22lr the other morning at Wal-mart and couldn't get them. I heard his wife ask him "what will we do if someone breaks in" this got to me. These two were well into their late 80's I called the man over and asked him if he really needed a box he said "yes I only have two shoots left at home". I told him if he could wait for a bit I'd be right back I ran home and got a box of CCI stands and returned and gave them to him. He wanted to pay me for them and my gas I told him no he said he had to give me something. I told him he could buy me a cup of coffee and we would call it even they pulled over to the store and we got a cup of coffee and talked while we drink the coffee. He had been trying to get one box of 22lr for over two weeks without any luck or help from anyone. There had been a few houses broke into near them in the last 3 weeks and these two were old and only had a 22 pistol with two rounds for protection.
    That right there is what it's all about.
    GSSF RSO
    NRA RSO
    DU

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    George Orwell

These are the times that try men's souls.
    Thomas Payne

Boolit Buddy
    I tip my hat to you, Swamp Man. May you be blessed for your kind heart and compassion.

Boolit Master
    It does tick me off too that people do this and that people buy it at those stupid prices!

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Goatwhiskers View Post
    Guess I'll never have personal knowledge, but I keep thinking about these "speculators" that at some point a little further down the road are gonna take a real licking on this stuff they've "invested" in. GW
    I'd pay good money for a ticket to watch that happen.

To clarify, no FFL is needed for selling ammo you didn't make. An FFL (06, 07, or 10) is only required for those manufacturing and selling their ammunition.
    "A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph, or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." - Aldo Leopold

Live generously.

Quote Originally Posted by Area Man View Post
    I'd pay good money for a ticket to watch that happen.
    Happened back in mid 2009. I know a lot of people that that have a pile of cash looking to pick up the cheap guns that will be on the market once people feel the credit card payment sting of their purchases.
    "A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph, or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." - Aldo Leopold

Live generously.

hell yeah, there is gonna be good deals on guns soon.
    i have already found a few well below MSRP. just not on tacticool stuff.
    got a walther p22
    taurus tracker 17hmr revolver and a 17hmr pump
    FEAR YOUR GOVERNMENT

“The duty of a patriot is to protect his country from its government.” - Thomas Paine

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by eljefe View Post
    I had a customer come in today and ask us to ship some
    ammo for him. He sold two boxes of 9mm for $70 on Gunsamerica.
    We do not ship ammo, since UPS and FEDEX are now requiring
    additional documentation and training.

I ALMOST felt sorry for him...
    What is this about training and such for amm0???

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGrimReaper View Post
    What is this about training and such for amm0???
    I believe for shipping "ORM-D: small arms ammunition". Before you could walk into a UPS central shipping hub, (not a UPS store) and you could ship it. Provided it was packaged properly, not rattling around, taped properly, and with proper signage. I.E. "ORM-D- small arms ammunition" stickers on 4 sides. By shipping as such you basically were attesting to the fact that you had down loaded or ordered the proper paperwork. And thus were trained on how to ship it.

I think they want to see a certificate now. Or are making you sign something to that effect.
    "Just try to remember which end makes the bad guys go away."