WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingSnyders Jerky
Load DataRepackboxLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2

Thread: Quick Picture of my Savage Mark II

Quick Picture of my Savage Mark II

Loving this gun. This was my first attempt at a camo job too.
    Visit my page at www.echoarms.com for casting, reloading, and firearms accessories as well as FFL services in Southern California.

Like my Facebook page: Echo Arms

Nice!
    Is that a fluted barrel?

It's a factory fluted heavy barrel obviously threaded. Not much more to ask for. I need to dig up reasonable ammo and see what it can do.
    Visit my page at www.echoarms.com for casting, reloading, and firearms accessories as well as FFL services in Southern California.

It appears that you've added a higher rise cheek piece to the comb of the original stock. If that's right it should make getting a good cheek weld a lot easier. The stock Savage stock is almost silly low. Even with plain iron sights it's more of a jaw weld than a proper upper cheek weld. And with raised sighting systems such as your scope or even the peep sights supplied on a couple of their models it's more like a chin weld!
    Witty saying to be plagarized shortly.....

Boolit Mold
    I have a Savage, love the gun, my favorite 22 that I own. The 10/22 is fun for just blasting away, but the bolts on those actions are just sweet. Love mine, great camo job.

Banned

The stock is a Boyds Tacticool stock. It has a raised straight comb.

Boolit Master
    Very nice, my first .22 was a Mark II, i loved that gun! The camo job looks good, i like it!
    Raisin' Black Angus cows, outta gas, outta money, outta tags, low on boolits, but full 'a hope on the Rocky Mountain Eastern Slope!
    Why does a man with a 7mag never panic buy? Because a man with a 7mag has no need to panic!

"If you ain't shootin', you should be reloadin' if you ain't reloadin' you should be movin', if you ain't movin', somebody's gonna come by and cut your head off and put it on a stick!" Words to fight by, from Clint Smith

Boolit Man
    My Mark II is in 17 Mach 2, and is deadly accurate at the ranges I shoot it at - mainly between the front door and the bird feeder (22 yards), where the brown-headed cowbirds eat the seed we put out for the worthwhile, or harmless, birds in our area. And the occasional rock squirrel, which will undermine all manner of structures in our part of the world. I had to replace the plastic feeder with one made of steel skillets, because the bullet fragments from the .17 M2 were fracturing the plastic. The cowbirds weren't able to complain, one way or the other, because bird fragments made frequent cleaning of the plastic bowl and overhead screen a necessity, as well.

Not to glorify any of this, but the cowbirds are parasites, and native birds are in danger because of their parasitic activity as to nesting (cowbirds do not build nests, but lay their eggs in the nests of native birds and let those birds raise their young, often to the detriment of their own offspring).

Good practice for breathing control and trigger squeeze practice. And the rock squirrels simply quit when hit by the 17-grain bullet moving at some 2200 fps.

The Savage Mark II (mine with an aftermarket trigger) is an extremely accurate and effective pest control device, but mine isn't anywhere near as pretty as the one pictured at the beginning of this thread........

Boolit Master
    I think you did really good.

Thanks. With all this ammo shortage silliness I still haven't been able to find any match ammo to see how accurate this gun really is.

Boolit Buddy

Very nice! I have a Mark II BTVLSS stainless bull barrel with thumbhole stock, mine's set up for LEFT hand too.

Boolit Master
    Nice-looking smokepole! How do it shoot(at longer than bird feeder distances?) Inquiring minds (nosy people) Want to know.

Perma-Banned

The Camo job looks really good. It sure beats my brown paint and then some ferns for patterns sprayed on.

Boolit Master
    WOW! Nice! Who makes it, and is the flash hider threaded onto the barrel?

In Remembrance
    Just so you will know next time you are looking to buy, savage makes those with the bolt on the correct side. lol I had to say that. I have one, but have never even loaded it, I bought it strictly because it is a lefty. Mine is nothing like yours though.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by sniper View Post
    WOW! Nice! Who makes it, and is the flash hider threaded onto the barrel?
    It's a Savage MK II FV-SR The -SR denotes a "Suppressor Ready" factory threaded barrel (in 1/2-28, with knurled thread protector)(so yeah a standard AR flash hider screws right on)

As mentioned he added a BOYD's stock prior to his custom camo job. ( Good Work! )

I have an OEM version of this with a 6x scope that I keep as my "loaner" rifle here at the ranch for guests who want some range time. These guns out of box will deliver dime size groups or better with most ammo.

My Personal MK II is a GL (left hand action) with the longer barrel and nice Wood, it is a dream shooter that only too much coffee and too much wind keeps it from being one overlapping hole.

Boolit Master
    I have one in 22lr and 17hmr. Both bull barrels and both are tac drivers at 100 yds