Snyders JerkyRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingInline Fabrication
WidenersRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
Load Data Lee Precision
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ex Detroit Mayor found GUILTY!

In Remembrance

Ex Detroit Mayor found GUILTY!

Ex Mayor of Detroit Kwame Kilpatrick was found GUILTY this morning on 24 of 33 charges of from mail fraud to bribery to extorcion. He was also charged with operation of a racketeering empire out of the office as Mayor. His father only got convicted on 1 count of tax fraud out of 4 charges against him. The associate of the Ex Mayor recieved a number of guiulty verdicts also. Only took 5 months of testimony to lay out the case, but the verdict was arrived at in 14 days. Hope Kwame likes baloney sandwichs at the state slammer, he may be having them for 20 years or more.Robert

The penultimate chapter in the story that began with Coleman Young.

R.I.P. the City of Trees.
    Cognitive Dissident

He was only found guilty on 24 out of 33 charges and a number of charges had been dropped prior to the jury getting the case. For Kwame Kilpatrick - in Detroit - that could mean his probation just gets extended.

Boolit Bub
    Now the rest of the county know's we have known for years.
    Wells

It shouldn't hurt his chances for re-election !! Not in Detroit, anyway.
    " No matter where you go ....... there you are!"

Boolit Master
    seated with Him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus (Eph 2:6)
    no kidding, if DC can re-elect marion barry, after he did time in prison, then anything is possible

Boolit Master

Detroit, Chicago, D.C. or even NY they are all corrupt to one degree or another. Look in your own local government. Would you spend the thousands, hundreds of thousands, or millions to be in public office if there were not the possibility to be reimbursed for those dollars and or time to reach that level? For most it starts off as as an altruistic desire that opens the doors to power and corruption. The doors open slightly then as you realize that the people have no idea of what you are doing all that you have to do is open that damn door to the riches of the public.

EW
    Last edited by Edubya; 03-11-2013 at 04:37 PM.

I remember a township supervisor who had no interest in owning land who suddenly started buying all the farm acreage in two counties. Anything he could get cheap, and also happened to be in a strip. A year or so later, the state and feds announced that new interstate section and ramps were going to be built in the township. Guess who happened to own a bunch of that land? Never mind. You already know.

Boolit Buddy
    THUGS ONE AND ALL.But we could stop all of it.so we let them do it to us.
    We have enough gun control. What we need is idiot control.

Boolit Master

Only got convicted on 24 counts? Man, he was practically innocent! In Detroit that means he could get probation or maybe community service! He probably wont be playing drop-the-soap in the big house any time soon. The judge wont hand down a sentence for a few years to let things cool off, and then will give him a light sentence.
    "with liberty and justice for all"...must be 18 or older, not available in all states, void where prohibited, some restrictions may apply. D. Stanhope

"The remedy for evil men is not the abrogation of the rights of law abiding citizens. The remedy for evil men is the gallows." Thomas Jefferson

"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them." George Mason Co-author of the Second Ammemdment

Boolit Master

Robert i hope he gets 20 years also but i think the guys in the posts above might be closer!
    When I think back on all the **** I learned in high school it's a wonder I can think at all ! And then my lack of education hasn't hurt me none I can read the writing on the wall.

A conviction of this sort is a drop in the bucket, but at least its a start. Hopefully the courts will see fit to convict more of the criminals that hold office.
    “an armed society is a polite society.”
    Robert A. Heinlein

"Idque apud imperitos humanitas vocabatur, cum pars servitutis esset."
    Publius Tacitus

He should go to Washington and be in the House of Representatives along with Charlie Rangle and Maxine Waters (she's still awaiting trial)...they all fit right in.

Boolit Buddy
    All victimless crimes, so of course this will mean house arrest and then some probation. Anything else would be cruel and unusual punishment based on what others have been given.

Boolit Grand Master

Where our governors, congressmen AND THEIR WIVES make our license plates
    Well we just released 1 X governor from the Fed Pen and sent another to replace him. That clown kept screaming for SOAP ON A ROPE instead someone sent him a LARGE jug of VASOLINE.

Looks like CONGRESSMAN Jesse Jackson Jr and his wife (formerly Chit cago city council member) are heading there. We also have at least 4 more state reps (all from the windy city) heading the same way.

Well it is at least a start.
    WE WON. WE BEAT THE MACHINE. WE HAVE CCW NOW.

Banned

they'll just bust him back to community organizer, then run him for the senate.

Boolit Master
    Detroit bumper stickers: "My son made parole on the first try".
    "My child is a trustee at DEHOCO''.
    (Detroit house of corrections)
    Dutch

"The future ain't what it used to be".
    -Yogi Berra.

Boolit Master at Heavens Range

Quote Originally Posted by JIMinPHX View Post
    A conviction of this sort is a drop in the bucket, but at least its a start. Hopefully the courts will see fit to convict more of the criminals that hold office.
    The voters convicted his mother. They kicked her out of congress.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by runfiverun View Post
    they'll just bust him back to community organizer, then run him for the senate.
    And then for POTUS

Boolit Master
    Mind explaining how we could stop it?

Most of us more honest / sincere folks do not have millions of dollar,corrupt contacts in the goverment, originized crime, do not have a law degree and did not attent Ivy League collages with frat buddies who fathers have more contacts than a swam of hungry mositios at a nudiest colony.

We could stop it one shot at a time but somehow being shot in return or being found guilty and sentanced to life or death by the state does not seem very compelling at this time. Remember we do not have the funds and the contacts.
    Last edited by Case Stuffer; 03-12-2013 at 08:11 AM.
    NRA Patron Member
    Vet . 2nd of the 47th 9th.Inf. Viet Nam Mar. 67-68