RepackboxLoad DataWidenersReloading Everything
Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyInline FabricationLee Precision
RotoMetals2 MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: How much would 5k worth of WW only be worth

How much would 5k worth of WW only be worth

I contacted one of our core buyers to day about buying led, and he came back with an email asking how much I would pay for 5klbs of separated WW. I have a few people that would be willing to go in on it, and I am sure I could find more especially if folks from forums like this wanted in on the deal. but I have no idea what it would be worth.

Boolit Bub
    Call the nearest scrap yard and ask what they pay per lb for ww. Then I would start somewhere around that figure. Start low easier to come up than go down.

Prices vary. Someone posted this week about scoring at 20 cents/lb. My local scrap dealer charges 35 cents/lb for soft lead and $1.00/lb for hard. They pay less of course.

Sorted adds to your value. 5K at one shot should lower the price you pat as the seller could sell that in smaller quantities - for more work on their part.
    Good luck.

Banned

last time i bought from pacific, Hans charged me @ 40 cents a lb for ww's if i bought 2-k lbs.
    i did get linotype from him for 65 cents a lb,in pigs, and only bought 400 lbs. [don't know what i was thinking there]

Pacific here gives .15 per lb for any lead alloy. They charge .70 for any alloy. If you buy 5k it is gonna be more like .40 - .45 Same goes for selling. If you bring in 5k lbs you might get .30 - .40 per lb. I know a lead miner that gets .70/lb from pacific for 45k loads. The Pacific corp office says every location can set their rates locally. So what it is for me may not be the same for you.

Local scrapper pays 18¢/lb, charges $3 sorted or not.
    Any man who seeks to live free should keep a Bible on his desk and a .45 in the drawer.

Boolit Buddy
    Our local scrap yard will pay .12 / lb for mixed WW and sells them for .35 / lb.. They are mixed and they are only about 85 % lead. Sorting takes a good amount of time. Pure lead is selling for .50/ lb..

I spent 2 hours yesterday looking for WW at local tire stores and came away with 130 lbs.. Good news is they were only .20 / lb..

How is he removing the zinc?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    Pacific here gives .15 per lb for any lead alloy. They charge .70 for any alloy. If you buy 5k it is gonna be more like .40 - .45 Same goes for selling. If you bring in 5k lbs you might get .30 - .40 per lb. I know a lead miner that gets .70/lb from pacific for 45k loads. The Pacific corp office says every location can set their rates locally. So what it is for me may not be the same for you.
    I dont know what part of BFE, MT you're in , but here in Kalispell, Pacific is unchecked by any other scrap dealers, so they rape people simply becasue they are the only game in town.
    I got friends who save up the stash of steel, and it is more than worth the drive to Spokane to sell it.
    We priced roll bar tubing last week for a new race car build, 50 bucks/stick here, 37 in Spokane

I dont know what part of BFE, MT you're in , but here in Kalispell, Pacific is unchecked by any other scrap dealers, so they rape people simply becasue they are the only game in town.
    I got friends who save up the stash of steel, and it is more than worth the drive to Spokane to sell it.
    We priced roll bar tubing last week for a new race car build, 50 bucks/stick here, 37 in Spokane
    I mostly goto the Great Falls location. I have no complaints of the pricing on new steel altho I have serious disagreements with the new manager so I now goto Steel Etc instead. Their lead pricing is what I listed. The Helena store is more expensive. I talked to a lead miner in Kalispell last year and he told me the Kalispell store is a jip altho he said they wanted his lead they were willing to pay him .70/lb for a truckload. I was told that each location sets their own prices. I have told them more than once that is a ridiculous concept as they are not privately owned.

well I guess they want 55 cents a pound delivered, Pacific here is selling sorted for 80 cents a pound. So its a good price, I just don't have the coin to do it or I would. Any one want to get in on it? I think If I charged 75 cents a pound for ingots and you pay the shipping, that would fair. It would help us all get a bunch of lead.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by grubbylabs View Post
    well I guess they want 55 cents a pound delivered, Pacific here is selling sorted for 80 cents a pound. So its a good price, I just don't have the coin to do it or I would. Any one want to get in on it? I think If I charged 75 cents a pound for ingots and you pay the shipping, that would fair. It would help us all get a bunch of lead.
    I would be in on that, especially if could find a cheaper shipping method for significant quantities than flat rate.

I might be able to get a pallet on a truck fairly economically. I can ship about 500lbs on a pallet within 800 miles of me for about $150.00

Boolit Buddy
    Thats 30 cents per lb shipping. Medium flat rate is only about 17 cents per lb. Would need to get that way down if possible but I have no clue how.
    Quote Originally Posted by grubbylabs View Post
    I might be able to get a pallet on a truck fairly economically. I can ship about 500lbs on a pallet within 800 miles of me for about $150.00

Boolit Buddy
    The REPUBLIC of TEXAS The state most likely to succeed
    I wouldnt buy or bid on WW till I had a good, long look at THOSE ACTAUL separated WW.
    Take a magnet and side cutters.
    Keep your powder dry....blackbike
    :takinWiz: