RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersTitan Reloading
Load DataLee PrecisionRepackboxSnyders Jerky
Inline Fabrication

Thread: Any bullseye shooters using Green Dot for 1911 45 acp accuracy loads?

Any bullseye shooters using Green Dot for 1911 45 acp accuracy loads?

fellow bullseye shooters...

I was looking at a jug of Green Dot on my reloading shelf, and wondering how it would perform for accuracy loads in my two accurized 45 acp 1911 Springfields. I normally load my 45 acp with Bullseye with very good results for bullseye shooting (sub 3 inch groups at 50 yards/rested, with 230 grain FMJ Zero bullet, and better than that with 200 grain SWC cast bullet).

With reloading components being in tight supply, I was curious how Green Dot would perform for true accuracy loads for EIC / leg match shooting (230 gr FMJ) and 2700 bullseye shooting (200 gr cast flat-base SWC, SAECO mold #69).

I know the answer is "try it, and find out yourself for your own pistol" (and I will), but I'd like to know if there are any true bullseye shooters out there with proven Green Dot loads in the 45 acp.

Loads? Results (groups/distance)? Thanks.

I've searched the same. I did find out you can use PB data using green dot. Somewhere I read someone had great results, but can't find it now. Good Luck, I'll be watching.

I found a post here on cast boolits. 4-12 "Green dot in handguns". 2 pages. 5.3 and 5.4 grs GD in their 45 acps. I'm going to try some now. I'm using it in my 32 S&W, Trapdoor, and 30-30 so far. Going to try in my Krag and 44 mag.

Boolit Buddy
    I know it's not the same, but I use 3.7 gr of RED dot for timed and rapid fire and 4.2 of red dot for the 50 yard line. That 4.2 load will shoot 2" off of sandbags at 50 yards out of my Les Baer Bullseye .45.

I would think you could come up with a good GREEN dot load.