Load DataTitan ReloadingSnyders JerkyWideners
Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Inline Fabrication Reloading Everything

Thread: Rate PRVI brass

Boolit Master

Rate PRVI brass

I've shot some PRVI ammunition in a 22 KHornet that was pretty accurate and I have kept the empties.
    I have been wondering if anyone has done any comparison testing with the brass in any caliber.

Boolit Master
    I can speak to my experience with PPV brass in 6.5x55SE and 8x57JS.

Either SAAMI spec or US manufacturers allow case head diameter at. 473 (7x57 spec) whereas CIP spec is. 480. PPV builds to CIP Spec. Brass quaility is good but not as good as Norma for example. I have had one batch with slightly tight primer pockets and understand others have also experienced the same. I gave reloaded some PPV brass 8 times so far with stout loads and no sign of fatigue. Necks could be thicker. I would give them 8 out if 10.

In 8x57 again, they conform to CIP spec but I have never used US brass so I have no idea if SAAMI spec or ptractice differs. I have never had primer pocket issues. Compared to S&B brass, where I have had loose primer pockets, the quality is better with more uniform weight and slightly thicker neck brass. Again, I would say 8 out of 10.

Boolit Grand Master

IME PRVI brass is fine stuff. I use it in my 7.5 Swiss match loads and it works well, lasts well if I anneal
    the necks every so often. Also use it - but MUCH less shooting - in 7.7mm Jap. Works well. I think it is
    high quality brass.

Bill
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.

Boolit Master
    I have used Privi brass in several calibers and it is good stuff. In 7.62x54r it is much better than the S&B I had, and that is what I have the most experience with. Also better than the R-P brass I have been getting lately.

I reload for a friend that uses a 270 and no issue so far after 3 reloadings, later this year I'll cycle the brass threw again.
    I wouldn't shy away from reloading it for myself.

Warf
    "Life isn't like a box of chocolates...It's more like
    a jar of jalapenos. What you do today, might burn
    your ass tomorrow."

Boolit Master

I load it and think it's good stuff, Better than the rp's I ve used. These days with brass sky rocketing anything that you have should be tucked away.

Boolit Grand Master

Had good luck with it in most cases, the exception being in new Hornet brass which was so thick at the neck it would not chamber in my #3 Ruger with a jacketed blt. Dont know about factory loaded PRV hornet brass, might be different.
    1Shirt!
    "Common Sense Is An Uncommon Virtue" Ben Franklin

"Ve got too soon old and too late smart" Pa.Dutch Saying

Boolit Master
    I use PRVI brass in my 7.5 Swiss and 22 Hornet, and I have some that I've not yet fired in my 22-250. From my experience, the brass is high quality, very durable, but does need an annealing every 5-10 reloads depending on load level. The only other thing I can think of is that it's very thick brass. I had to reduce my Hornet loads by a half-grain of Lil-Gun for PRVI vs. Winchester brass because if I don't the powder charge leaves no room for the bullet. A half-grain reduction leaves enough room to seat without making a compressed laod.

Boolit Man
    I've used PRVI brass for my .223 for quite some time and get a whole lot of mileage out of it. I think it's fine brass, better than most.

Boolit Bub
    I use it in several pistol and rifle calibers and give it a pretty high rating. Last brass I purchased was for 30 luger and have already loaded then about 6 times no failure. Only bought 100 didn't think this thing would be so much fun to shoot, I was dead wrong.

Boolit Buddy
    I use it 300 Savage very good brass.

Horace

Boolit Buddy
    It will do the job .not bad brass.i have shot some of mine 8 or 9 times no big thing.
    We have enough gun control. What we need is idiot control.

Boolit Master
    I have some in 25-06 & 308, no problems except a few of the 25-06 ones the primer pocket was REALLY tight

Boolit Master
    I load 11 rifle and 3 pistol calibres all with Privi brass and rate it as good quality, no hesitation in recommending it to others.
    ukrifleman.

22 Hornet Brass is much easier to reload if you neck turn them . They do not hold as much powder as remington. Other then that they are fine. I haven't tried cast boolits in them yet. The only brass I have for the 7.67x54r is the Privi so i don't have anything to compare it to in that cal. but it seems to be of good quality.