RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingSnyders JerkyLoad Data
Repackbox
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why are noobs not allowed to buy??

Boolit Master

Yes, elginrunner, .358 OR .359. I, also have some long unused Lee sizing "kits". After you (IF) you settle things with Charlie Two Tracks, let me know if you still need some die kits. Mike
    Politicians are a lot like diapers. They should be changed frequently, and for the same reason. Benjamin Franklin

Boolit Master
    Watch the threads for what you want to purchase. I still have time to go before I can post a 4 sale / wanted but have purchased fired brass and WW ingots from three members here to date.

Reason given for the restrictions is an attempt to contol Spamers which is a serious problem for all user's groups / boards. Spamers are the blight of the internet and if anyone is unaware of this then they surely live under a rock.
    NRA Patron Member
    Vet . 2nd of the 47th 9th.Inf. Viet Nam Mar. 67-68

in Remebrance
    Don't guess what size. Slug your bore and then go from there, you'll want your boolit to be .001-.002" over groove size for proper fit and to avoid leading. I did have to hone my Lee sizer a little to get what I needed. GW
    "If you can walk with crowds and keep your virtue,
    Or walk with Kings, nor lose the common touch,
    Yours is the earth and everything that's in it,
    And, which is more, you'll be a man my son!" R. Kipling

"Brother to a Prince, and fellow to a pauper, if found worthy." Kipling

Boolit Buddy Nocturnal Stumblebutt's Avatar
    I will sell you a Lee .358 sizing die kit. I've only used it once, as all my wheel guns like the .359 and .360 dies on my RCBS a bit better.

Boolit Mold
    I'm also a noob. Starting casting for .357/.38 just a few months back.

I started with a cheap lee double cavity 158gr SWC tumble lube mold. I did this to avoid the need for a sizing die. So far I've had decent success. The boolits drop at .358 and given I physically tumble in a small bucket with X-lox, I'm not sure a sizer die would be very helpful.

Boolit Bub
    I've spent months just reading on here, even before I registered. Then I put Tapatalk on my phone and Kindle and it's even easier to check in. There is so much information on this site that I really find it difficult find much of anything to post about.

Banned

it isn't all about lead,lube,and brass.
    you'd be surprised at how many pm's go on in a day,and how many little side projects guy's are doing that isn't on the open forum.
    25 posts is nothing,i think i have done that many on a winters day when i was avoiding shoveling snow or something.

25 posts is nothing,i think i have done that many on a winters day when i was avoiding shoveling snow or something.
    You are also here more than just about anyone. If you dont have the highest post numbers it is in the top ten I would bet. There are alot of members that have less than 100 posts that have been here more than give years.

Cast Boolits Founder/B.O.B.

want to buy IS open to noobs and you are certainly welcome to buy from anyone listing in the swapping and selling area, the only restriction is to sell for reasons covered above.

Quote Originally Posted by elginrunner View Post
    I understand the logic behind not being able to sell in the swap and sell forum for newbies untill they have somewhat of a reputation in the forums, buy why are we not allowed to post "I'd like to buy"?? It doesn't make sense! I'm sure most of us are new to the game and are in need of equipment ( I sure am ). I would not expect someone to ship the item untill it was paid for, so where is the logic??

Also I hope this counts towards my 25 postings
    Boolits= as God laid it into the soil,,grand old Galena,the Silver Stream graciously hand poured into molds for our consumption.

Bullets= Machine made utilizing Full Length Gas Checks as to provide projectiles for the masses.

http://www.cafepress.com/castboolits

castboolits@gmail.com

Boolit Master

Where Pennsylvania, Delaware, and Maryland join.
    Don't forget the Group buy section. Mostly molds but some great ones you can't get anywhere else.
    Blacksmith

S. G. G. = Sons of the Greatest Generation. Too old to run, too proud to hide; we will stand our ground and take as many as we can with us!

Boolit Master

I don't have an extra die. I just read his post and wasn't sure if he wanted die that was sized at .357 or one for his .357 revolver.
    He got another post clearing up that question.
    ARMY Viet-Nam 70-71

Boolit Grand Master

Where our governors, congressmen AND THEIR WIVES make our license plates
    Quote Originally Posted by ratitude View Post
    I've spent months just reading on here, even before I registered. Then I put Tapatalk on my phone and Kindle and it's even easier to check in. There is so much information on this site that I really find it difficult find much of anything to post about.
    To get your count up some start by telling us about yourself and what you do. How long you have been casting. We all started out that way so do not hesitate.

Time will fly by when you are having fun here and 30 days and 25 posts will take care of themselves.
    WE WON. WE BEAT THE MACHINE. WE HAVE CCW NOW.

Boolit Master

Just a reminder; it's easier to enlarge a sizer than to shrink one!

EW

I found that I could not create a thread in the "want to buy section" The thread starter button/icon was simply not there.
    Quote Originally Posted by 45nut View Post
    want to buy IS open to noobs and you are certainly welcome to buy from anyone listing in the swapping and selling area, the only restriction is to sell for reasons covered above.

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by Edubya View Post
    Just a reminder; it's easier to enlarge a sizer than to shrink one!

EW
    Ya right, try telling my wife that
    "An armed society is a polite society" R.A. Heinlein 1907 - 1988

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Water Bill View Post
    To get your count up some start by telling us about yourself and what you do. How long you have been casting. We all started out that way so do not hesitate.

Time will fly by when you are having fun here and 30 days and 25 posts will take care of themselves.
    I have yet to cast anything, I've got a casting pot and molds on order from Natchez and Titan. So far my total experience and knowledge of this hobby has come from reading a old lyman cast bullet handbook (spiral bound), and RCBS cast bullet manual.

As for me, I work nights, and am old enough to have grandchildren, but dont. I've been reloading for over 20 years, and blacksmith and do some barrel work (for myself mostly) on Rem 700's and Savages.

Boolit Buddy
    This is kinda amusing for me as a noob as I bought stuff from this forum before my first post! It'll probably be more than 30 days before I even know of 25% of what is here though.. good stuff guys...

Boolit Master

Another blacksmith on site. If you play with hot iron casting will be easy. The hard part is understanding all the fine points of making cast work in any particular gun.
    Blacksmith

S. G. G. = Sons of the Greatest Generation. Too old to run, too proud to hide; we will stand our ground and take as many as we can with us!

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksmith View Post
    Another blacksmith on site. If you play with hot iron casting will be easy. The hard part is understanding all the fine points of making cast work in any particular gun.
    I havnt been blacksmithing long, in fact I just now have enough equipment that I can do it at home. Our local chapter (North East Arkansas - Blacksmith Organization of Arkansas) is very young and a great bunch of guys to learn from. We don't all have enough equipment to go around but we have hammer-ins once a month and have a fine time.

Boolit Master

Lead melts at a much lower temperature than iron forges.
    Blacksmith