RotoMetals2Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load DataRepackboxLee PrecisionWideners
Inline Fabrication

Thread: rcbs 30-150-sp Specs?

Boolit Buddy

rcbs 30-150-sp Specs?

I bought this mold ages ago at a gun show. It looks like it has a shank for a gas check, but I don't seem to be able to find anything about it.

Does anyone have the specs for this mold.

Also, what's the best way to deal with surface rust on steel molds? WD40 or some other oil? I put some one shot on it since it's a little waxy, but I'm sure that's not ideal. They have been in a box for quite some time.

Banned

i have the 30-150-fngc.
    with ww alloy [clip on] and a little tin i get 310+ on the body and a nose that is just over 300.
    i have an older 180-sp that made 311 with the same alloy, but i modified the mold to take 312 copper tubing as a base for the body.
    i size a flat nose onto it now so i don't have any shooting info for the spire point.

wd-40 and some steel wool will remove surface rust on the outside.
    but i wouldn't use it in the cavity's or spray it on as a preserver.

Boolit Grand Master
    There is a product called Evaporust available at Autozone, O'reilly's and I suspect most other auto parts stores. I got the idea from Mike S, but the stuff works great. It is not as agressive as naval jelly, but will remove blueing, so keep it off your guns. Soak over night, lightly scrup with a tooth brush--no wire brushes, please--rinse in water, dry, and cast away. If you are not going to use the mold right away, oil it up, or you'll have rust come back with a vengeance.
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

Boolit Buddy
    I am not sure what you mean by specs.

RCbs actually made two different 150 SP's, both are discontinued to my knowledge.

I had one for a few years but recently sold it to a PCP air gunner.

I asked what he was going to shoot it in and below is his answer.

"This bullet is the very best in air guns out to 300 yards in most pcp air guns will shot 1/2 minuet groups 10 shots off a bench at all ranges out to 300 with a velocity of 750-1000 fps on air .No powder primer or case. I believe with the prices going up this will be the next cheap way for the shooting public to shoot and hunt. I harvested a 31.250 inch mule deer this year with a RCBS 30 150 fp with an air gun shooting at 950 fps deer went 20 yds. And fell over dead perfect hart shot at 102 yds.
    David "

I used mine in a 30-30 and a 30-20 it worked good in both but no better than a half a dozen other molds i use, so I sold it.

If you want to sell yours I can give you the contact info, I am sure this fellow would buy it if it is serviceable.

good luck

Boolit Master
    I have the 180 SP version of that boolit, but it is no longer 180mgrains. I milled off the gascheck portion using a mill/drill and a flycutter. It does well in my .308 with small charges of Red Dot, without the cost of gas checks.
    You have the right to force me to pay for the feeding, housing, clothing, education, and medical treatment of yourself and your children when I have THE RIGHT TO FORCE YOU TO PICK MY COTTON!

Section 1 13th Amendment to the Constitution:
    "Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as punishment for a crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction."

Boolit Grand Master

I have one of the old 150's and used it for the 30 Herret and 30/30. Shot good in both of them.
    Old enough to know better, young enough to do it anyway!

Men who don't understand women fall into two categories: bachelors and husbands!