RepackboxLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Snyders JerkyWidenersRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Load Data

Thread: 35 Remmy brass

Boolit Master

35 Remmy brass

Just a little heads up. Buffalo Arms Company shows they have "ample stock" of the obselete/obscure/ancient cartridge we love known as .35 Remington.
    I have placed my order....

Midway still has stock left from this years seasonal run as well, I got an extra bag of 50 with my last order and with the low pressure of this round they will last me a long time in my granddads old rem 760. Picked up a box of 500 of the old remington 200 grain psp j words in a deal from a member here so other than primers I should be set for the old .35 for a looonnngg time even without casting!

Boolit Master

I've 200 cases coming to me!

Boolit Buddy

I ordered some as well, but don't have a 35 Rem. yet. Looking for a Contender or Encore barrel. Is that hoarding or a sickness to buy brass first?

S.

That's just, "now I have to get a gun to go with them". Priorities you know.
    "If people let the government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny."

-Thomas Jefferson

Boolit Master

Got my cases this morning!

Quote Originally Posted by Spruce View Post
    I ordered some as well, but don't have a 35 Rem. yet. Looking for a Contender or Encore barrel. Is that hoarding or a sickness to buy brass first?

S.
    Oh, I don't know. For 40 years I've intended to build a low-compression BSA A65 with the mild A50 camshaft, to see if it would be more pleasant (i.e. lower vibration) than the stock bikes of the late '60s. I have the camshaft.......
    Cognitive Dissident

Boolit Grand Master

Very glad I stocked up on the RP brass but I like the WW brass as well. Just wish I'd bought some 32WS brass, mebbe it will be available soon. Hard to imagine many mall ninjas would be interested in this grand old cartridge.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

After reading the initial post, i did some reflecting on my youth and its amazing how easily a cartridge can drop into obscurity. The 35 Remington was so popular when i was growing up and found in every sporting goods store as "THE" lever gun to buy. When someone spoke of a Marlin, the 35 was the only caliber that came to one's mind.

Boolit Master

For anyone else, 35 Remington makes a great case for conversion to 6.5 Arisaka as well. size it down in two steps (35-30-6.5) and it makes a perfect length case for anyone tired of paying through the nose for Norma brass.

Bruce
    I Cast my Boolits, Therefore I am Happy.
    Bona Fide member of the Jeff Brown Hunt Club

Boolit Grand Master

The weekend after I learned RP was discontinuing 35 Rem component brass I saw a brand-new 336 on the rack in....35 Rem! Somebody didn't get the memo.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Perma-Banned

I ordered up my brass too. It is on its way.