RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
RepackboxSnyders JerkyWidenersLoad Data
Lee Precision
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I am a bit disappointed!

Boolit Master

Well I think I edited in my NRA Lifemember status. didn't think it was a big deal to list it, but it is important to be one. Just for you OP!

Geeze Beekeeper, I don't think they wanted to exclude you. Heck I'm reading through 3 boxes of old American Riflemen from the 1960's and they're full of what the NRA members in the Republic of VN are doing and discussions of the new M16 rifle and it's ammo issues. Lots of lists of awards and sadly memorializing the guys who were KIA.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Shirt View Post
    I am disappointed that I am not seeing more members of this forum with NRA membership logo's in their Avatar. On a day when we have probably the most anti gun president ever in our history being sworn in, the NRA is quite probably gun owners "Last Best Hope", of retaining our traditions. Consider memberships not only for yourselfs, but also for your spouse and your kids if you can afford it.
    1Shirt!
    It took me a while to figure out how to put the banner in as I am not real computer savvy.
    I do not advertise ANYTHING on my vehicles etc., but I figure it is pretty much a given by being here that I own guns and support the second amendment, so why not here? I always had it in my personal info file anyways.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    I will join the NRA again when they stop negotiating rights away.

Andy

Hmmmm..... MAYBE if EVERY gun owner in America JOINED the NRA, they wouldn't have to budge on ANY issue...... Think about that for a bit..... A lobby force of what, about 150 MILLION members???? Rethink your position, sir. Join a national (NRA) and a local (SCOPE for me) and convince your gun owning friends to do the same, and soon enough, we'll have our RIGHT back.....

Dan

Boolit Master
    Have bro- in law who has guns but thinks of the NRA as just wanting to much of his money, understand his income is above 150K per year but you would think he is on poverty level and was starving. He refuses to join an sees no problem for others to take all the responsibility of protecting his rights. He is like a lot of people "let someone else do it" but when someone else fails who is going to do it?
    Frank G.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    The NRA has negotiated just as many rights away as they have protected. So you would have us us pay for our rights to be negotiated away. I don't think so. I do more for our collective rights than is known. i voted with my money i gave my money to GOA.

Andy
    Was going to stay out of this but can't....Ajax, the anti's love it when they can get a division in our ranks. Remember the addage...."divide and conquer." For me, there's only one game in town and it's the NRA. Don't know if it shows up in my avitar or not, Guess we'll see. Regards, Woody
    Take a kid along

I found this thread searching for how to put the NRA under my avatar. Thanks
    "Some men are mere hunters; others are turkey hunters." Archibald Rutledge

http://doingitoutdoors.wordpress.com/

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by 1Shirt View Post
    I am disappointed that I am not seeing more members of this forum with NRA membership logo's in their Avatar. On a day when we have probably the most anti gun president ever in our history being sworn in, the NRA is quite probably gun owners "Last Best Hope", of retaining our traditions. Consider memberships not only for yourselfs, but also for your spouse and your kids if you can afford it.
    1Shirt!
    I want to thank you, this spurred me to join finally. I do feel embarrassed that I hadn't done it before.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Moonie View Post
    I want to thank you, this spurred me to join finally. I do feel embarrassed that I hadn't done it before.
    Not a problem, ya gotter did now.

Rick
    "The people never give up their freedom . . . Except under some delusion." Edmund Burke

"Let us remember that if we suffer tamely a lawless attack on our liberty, we encourage it." Samuel Adams

NRA Benefactor Life Member
    CRPA Life Member

Boolit Bub

I occasionally run into pro-gun folks that have issues with the NRA but when I do I just ask them a few simple questions, such as:

What single pro 2A organization has done more to protect your rights?

What organization, being church, social club, country club, political organization, etc. that you can say you agree with 100% of the time?

If there is something that you don’t like about the NRA, what are you doing about it to bring about change? In other words, get involved!

There are always some folks, for whatever reason, feel compelled to look for the fly poop in the pepper. That’s their prerogative, keep on trucking. I hope you find what you are looking for.

Most of us know that we are at war with an regime (enemy) that given the opportunity, would love to strip us of every firearm we own and make us an instant criminal for not complying with their demands.

You need not love the NRA but keep in mind that they are our strongest ally in a war that we would surly loose if not for their existence, and I am convinced of that!

Boolit Grand Master

Where our governors, congressmen AND THEIR WIVES make our license plates
    Well said and welcome to our happy home
    WE WON. WE BEAT THE MACHINE. WE HAVE CCW NOW.

Boolit Master

Thank you, Moonie, for joining. Now, may I ask you to write to your Senators and Reps? Regards, WOody
    Take a kid along

Boolit Bub

Thanks for the info on the avitar. I can bearly find the on button on this thing , let alone all the fancy tricks
    Wes

Boolit Bub

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Water Bill View Post
    Well said and welcome to our happy home
    Thanks Bill, happy to be here.

I give to the NRA in a manner that Does not afford me membership. I cost them nothing not being a member. But I give them at least $100 per year sometimes more.

Last year I gave cash to the NRA table at the local gun show 3 times, $20 each. I placed 16 orders from online resellers of gun stuff and donated $2-$5 each time. So in 2012 alone I donated more than $100. I am already on track to donate more this year. I really don't care to be on a list. Don't want the magazine, and don't want more than is absolutely needed to detract from the money I donate. Membership doesn't afford me needed benefits and in the end my donations should be worth more because of it.

Now if they made it something like a civil defense fund where they would defend me against frivalous charges brought by overzealous prosecutors I would probably join in a hot minute. Even at much higher cost. (examples: Home school legal defense Association)

I guess my point is just because I don't have a label next to my name doesn't mean I don't support them as much or more than those who do.

Phoenix
    Last edited by Phoenix; 02-14-2013 at 03:47 PM.

Grouchy Old Curmudgeon

The NRA wants money?....ofcourse they do. Like it or not the things they do cost money. They don't get a check from the Government, not even a obamaphone. On the legislative side costs are staggering. They truth is if they had every gun owner as a member we'd have a much easier time beating gun control issues. They are not interested in locking horns with 100 million armed people. They are not perfect, neither is GOA or the JPFO but every gun owner should still join. I've been a benefactor since I was quite a bit younger just didn't advertise the fact with a banner here and I'd sure there are many members who belong but don't have the banner.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by woody1 View Post
    Thank you, Moonie, for joining. Now, may I ask you to write to your Senators and Reps? Regards, WOody
    This I have done, for years.

Banned

Just donating money doesn't mean you did your part in the fight for gun rights. That is just passing the buck. Write your legislators, go visit them and talk to them. Bombard their offices with emails faxes and phone calls. Make known your feelings on issues. They supposedly work for us so make your wishes known, if you had a unruly employee would you just pay someone to try and convey you wishes or would you talk to them yourself. I have not joined the NRA due to being in a meeting with legislators and the local NRA rep started negotiating rights away while we were working on our castle doctrine expansion. We had the votes to get it passed clean and he started negotiating with the liberals to close the Fla. loophole (right now a Fla. non-resident license is recognized by the state of Pa. New state attorney general has changed that) So we had the vote in the bag and he wanted to give up people who can't get a license say in Philly ( where the sheriff denies all applications). That specific enough for you? I donate to other gun rights organizations. I also do my part by actually taking the time to contact my reps and make sure my thoughts are conveyed.

Andy

Grouchy Old Curmudgeon

I fully understand your feelings Andy and the doctrine expansion you mentioned was still too weak for me. Truth is you had both the Castle Doctrines and carry permits throughout the United States without legislation since the Constitution was ratified with the Bill of Rights. Why does the NRA negotiate?...in a large part because they use the clout they have as far as they can. We are all in this together....wether you own only a 22 for fun or a 100 AR's. Their goal is taking them all from the public....period. How do you stop this short of shooting?....more clout. The NRA is not perfect but the first step is to get EVERY gun owners to join. The second step is to convince the to vote pro gun. 100 million gun owners....that's clout....can you imagine how difficult it would be to pass any gun control legislation or for an anti gun president to get elected. They aren't perfect but right now it's the best way to increase our voting base that politicians will listen to......now don't make me drive down there and smack you around Andy....lol.

Boolit Grand Master

Where our governors, congressmen AND THEIR WIVES make our license plates
    Here in ILL I NOIS at the start of the new legislature the antis came up with a boatload of junk. Wellllll thanks to a lot of good gun owners the opposition actually begged for mercy. We sent so many phone calls that they couldn't keep the answering machines or the phones working. The e mail boxes overflowed.

Finally they asked the N R A rep to have his folks (you and me) stop as they got the message.

Todd simply said "Your constituents are speaking. Only you can stop YOUR problem by NOT trying to pass this type of law.

The video of all of those bills being put back in a slezeball politicians briefcase and the frustrated look on her face was PRICELESS.
    WE WON. WE BEAT THE MACHINE. WE HAVE CCW NOW.

Freedom always comes with some type of cost money or lives. Its been that way since this Great Nation was formed.