RotoMetals2RepackboxReloading EverythingLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionInline FabricationWideners
Snyders Jerky Titan Reloading
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: "Hulk Smash" form of Casting

Boolit Master
    As my Kentucky grand parents would say: Bless his heart, he's "special"!
    How's that hope and change working for you?

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by casterofboolits View Post
    As my Kentucky grand parents would say: Bless his heart, he's "special"!
    LOL! My wife says that all the time.
    GSSF RSO
    NRA RSO
    DU

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    George Orwell

These are the times that try men's souls.
    Thomas Payne

"If you are not going to lube the bullets you are going to need to clean the gun more often because the lead will build up".

Says right in the video @ 8:44.

At least his primer pockets are squeaky clean.

Boolit Buddy
    I think I'm doing things wrong by trying to do things right. I try to research and hone my methods before I make videos for youtube and I have like 20 times FEWER views than this guy.

It must be the sound track.
    I fear that until a select few can profit from not treading on me, nothing will change.

Visit my YouTube Channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/BigRix?feature=mhee

Boolit Master

I submitted a comment with some suggestions. It says "Comment Pending Approval!" so I doubt it gets posted.

Thumbs up

I could only watch for a few seconds. I couldn't watch anymore. It was akin to watching someone abuse any other piece of equipment and otherwise head down the road toward disaster. But, it also served to remind me how fortunate I am.

I shot commercially cast bullets for decades prior to starting to make my own. Other than myself, I have seen only one person cast a bullet ever, and that was just one occasion, but he is a Master at it. I watched, listened, and even cast a few with his rig. I then duplicated his array of equipment, and then discovered this forum, which I explored extensively prior to starting.

I now cast ten (10) different pistol bullets, and my finished product is better than anything I have ever purchased.

There are no words to describe the service this forum has done for me and my skill set as a caster. I log on here each time I go on the internet, and usually either learn something or reinforce something I know each time. Of all the shooting related forums, this is by far the most useful I have found.

Many thanks to those many who offer constructive criticism and advice!

Knowledge not shared is lost!
    There is some ammo and more ammo. There is never enough ammo!

Boolit Master

Wish the link still did not work.

Someone please take that hammer away from him!
    Amendments
    The Second there to protect the First!

Ok now fess up, which one of you guys is this?
    But seriously, he's going to ruin the finish on his Weber...
    The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
    -Thomas Jefferson
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Boolit Grand Master

This guy probably inherited the equipment. His 'ol man is rolling over in his grave!! LOL

The RCBS Trimmate is a great machine, but the large primer pocket uniformer is for rifle only.
    There is a collar on the cutter at the specified depth, then the screw head is broke off so it is not adjustable.

He wasn't paying attention when Dad tried to teach him. Hope he comes here and gets educated.

Mark that's the same thing I thought as well.

No one buys a RCBS case prep center and an expensive powder dispenser without knowing the basics about how to make good ammo.

Boolit Master

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by mannyCA View Post
    Ok now fess up, which one of you guys is this?
    But seriously, he's going to ruin the finish on his Weber...
    Pretty funny but considering this group and the QA/QC we try to excell at I doubt it was anyone here. I for one could never bring myself to strike hot aluminum with cold steel. Also it's been dicussed many times about using fishing weights and the questionable stuff in them. He didn't even skim his mix so it prolly had all sorts of good stuff mixed in there to like supliments and vitamins to make "better bullets."
    GSSF RSO
    NRA RSO
    DU

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    George Orwell

These are the times that try men's souls.
    Thomas Payne

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Leadforbrains View Post
    Is that some sort of Joke?
    If not that guy needs some help BaD!!!!
    No that is not a joke!

You-Tube has dozens of videos just that bad.

You guys that know what you are doing can have a lot of fun over there watching those idiots - but beginners really should stay away from You Tube.

To be fair, there are also some excellent videos. The beginner can't determine what is legit and what is pure idiocy.

First reload: .22 Hornet. 1956.
    More at: http://reloadingtips.com/

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the
    government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    - Henry Ford

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Chihuahua Floyd View Post
    Somebody with an account should sign in and de-bunk some of this garbage.
    Did anyone look at the comments, 7 pages of people like this and think that is the way to do casting and reloading now.
    Comment like"A brass hammer will not dent the mold." Dumb.
    CF
    I tried to leave comments a year or two ago, but they never were "approved" and posted.

At least he had handles on his mold...

Boolit Master

This fella is going to call Lee in a few days and complain about the short lifespan of his mould; they'll probably send him a new one, too.

Boolit Master

Anyone comes near my moulds with a hammer will be removing said implement from an orifice

Boolit Bub
    Good stuff.

Just think of all the people that are watching those types of videos as "Educational" material...

Shudder when I think about it.

Someone else on here also made the comment about how LOTS of people are buying reloading equipment, enough to clean out alot of shops, but there's still reloading manuals on the shelf....
    It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.

Theodore Roosevelt

Boolit Master
    Scary part is the number of new reloaders thanking him for the video! And just think, you may be shooting next to him someday... He has $600 worth of case prep and powder despenser yet can't afford a loading block? His casting setup seems totally inefficient, more lead ends up on the stove and sprue plate than in the mould. And no lube??? Not sizing is ok, maybe he casts them just right (DOUBT IT) but how hard is LLA or pan lubing? Be sure to use a "cold load with lead bullets" I am assuming he means a light load, probably because anything over airgun velocities leads something fearce lol. All i can say is wow. Just... Wow. Scary that he gets to put this out there and people learn from it! As for beating his mould, did you notice how clean his casting bench was? This is probably the same guy that tightens his lug nuts with a tire iron and a piece of cheater pipe cuz tight is good and tighter is better!
    Raisin' Black Angus cows, outta gas, outta money, outta tags, low on boolits, but full 'a hope on the Rocky Mountain Eastern Slope!
    Why does a man with a 7mag never panic buy? Because a man with a 7mag has no need to panic!

"If you ain't shootin', you should be reloadin' if you ain't reloadin' you should be movin', if you ain't movin', somebody's gonna come by and cut your head off and put it on a stick!" Words to fight by, from Clint Smith

Boolit Master
    Sorry, i thought i'd add this too, i love Corb Lund and this seems to be this guy's theme song!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwGrC0KicSo

Tool for the job (hard on equipment).

Come to think of it, we have a kid that works on the ranch that fits into this song too.
    Raisin' Black Angus cows, outta gas, outta money, outta tags, low on boolits, but full 'a hope on the Rocky Mountain Eastern Slope!
    Why does a man with a 7mag never panic buy? Because a man with a 7mag has no need to panic!

"If you ain't shootin', you should be reloadin' if you ain't reloadin' you should be movin', if you ain't movin', somebody's gonna come by and cut your head off and put it on a stick!" Words to fight by, from Clint Smith