Inline FabricationLee PrecisionWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load DataRotoMetals2Snyders JerkyTitan Reloading
Repackbox

Thread: Chicka chicka wow wow! Lead source

Boolit Buddy

Chicka chicka wow wow! Lead source

I had to have flat fixed today on my new tires. I've used the same shop for years and years, but these tires weren't bought there. Long story short, wife, kids and mother in law took my car to visit kinfolk out of state earlier this month and had a blowout in the middle of nowhere-ville.

Mother in law put a new set of tires on the car from the only tire shop nearby because the owner told them two of the other tires, 'looked sketchy'...80,000 mile tires with less than 30,000 on them...

But that's neither here nor there...

I went to 'my' tireshop this morning to repair a hole and was bs'ing with the owner and the subject of lead came up. He said they reuse a lot of wheelweights, but always have about 40-50lbs each month of junk weights that they can't use and they sell them to local scrapyard, or give them away to folks like me.

So he and I were chatting, and now I get all the bad ww's, got my tire fixed at no charge(which was cool), and all I have to do is make up some loads for him when he gets low on .223, .308 and .22-250. (yes, I know the risk vs reward factor, and he and I chatted extensively about me not wanting to have a load blow up on him, so I'm going to slug his barrels and build ammo specifically for his rifles)

I'm going to head down there in the next week or so to get him to bring his rifles up with him so I can slug the barrels. I explained that I load very little jacketed stuff, and just about everything is cast lead boolits with gas checks, and that the loads would be at the extreme low end of the load range so nothing bad happens, and if he wants better results then I can set him up and teach him how to reload his own stuff to achieve much better accuracy.

Heck, I've been dealing with this shop since I got my driver's license many, many moons ago, and now it appears I finally have a steady lead source and possibly a new hunting buddy in the not-too-distant future
    I will fear no evil, for thou art with me.

My Feedback Thread<->http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...7793-possom813

Boolit Master

".................. that's the way its supposed to work!" Now, you need to invite him over to your house to let him see how you're making projectiles for "his" rifles. He may just end up finding more lead than you'll ever need. Everybody needs an extra hunting buddy. Good Luck to the both of you.

HV
    Life's biggest tragedy is we get old too soon, and wise too late.

Boolit Master
    Good job!!!

Boolit Mold
    That's excellent news for you, and your casting! Score 2x!