Load DataRepackboxWidenersInline Fabrication
Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2Snyders JerkyLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone have a good 44 magnum rifle load using Unique Powder?

Banned

have him alse remember that if he shoots 5 boolits touching in a perfect X pattern at 100 yds that is still a 2" group.
    it would be under 1/2" with a 223.
    see how things are relative....

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Gibson View Post
    Your .243 and 7.65 Mauser cast bullets don't "need" GCs if you keep the velocity low.....however if you want normal velocity (1700 - 2000 fps) with cast bullets and any semblance of accuracy from them you will use GCs.

Larry Gibson
    Thank you, I'll get some gas checks, friend Larry~
    Who sells them at the most reasonable prices?

Boolit Mold
    I think it is interesting that soneone wants loads to help him shoot a 44mag accurately at 250 yds. I don't make the rules but it has been my experience that it is nearly impossible to predict what loads will be accurate in a given gun for a given person even if you have the exact same make and model. If you have the same make and model with a very close serial number it might be worth a guess, but if they have lived in different places with different owners for many years I wouldn't bet on it. There's no substitute for hard work. And what is accurate? To me, a 6" group at 250 yds with a lever gun would be a small miracle although my 336 in 30-30 will get under 2" at 100 yds. Work up loads in increments while trying to keep components and technique consistent, and shoot a lot.

Boolit Mold
    Sorry, just saw the correction to 150 yds. , but all the rest of the above still applies, and don't be surprised if the most accurate load is far from the most powerful.