Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingRepackbox
Snyders JerkyLoad DataWidenersLee Precision
Inline Fabrication MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: This is how I spent my day, how about you?

Boolit Bub

This is how I spent my day, how about you?

Spent a good portion of my day processing some pure lead. How about you?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	melt1_zpsccbb025e.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	77.6 KB 
ID:	59224

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	melt2_zps004c12cc.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	97.4 KB 
ID:	59225

Banned

Boolit Bub
    Very nice! You guys and your fancy dancy Lyman ingot molds, I'm happy with my cracker barrel corn cob corn bread pan.

Banned

It's only because I didn't know about muffin pans and corn cobs until after I bought my 2 Lyman's. Thats what was in a "kit" I bought from a guy when I first started. I just started all this back in April.

Hey is that 303 the same reference as the 303 rule in Breaker Morant?

Boolit Bub
    The Lyman ingot molds are alot nicer, you can stack em all nice and neat. Me I just sling the corn cobs in a 5 gallon bucket. Na, the 303 is for .303 British, my first rifle, killed my first buck with it, and she is still with me after all these years.

And you are all fancy schmancy with your ingots. I use a bunch of rusty old commercial bread baking pans. Fill them about 3/4 inch deep with melt. Stack good and easy to handle.

Boolit Bub
    Yeah I'm kind of limited on my ingots as to what will fit in my little Lee 10lb pot, the corn cobs and a Lyman ingot will fit. Not sure about a muffin ingot. Can you post a pic of these pans you have and the ingots made with them. I like to see what other folks make their ingots with.

Boolit Master
    I cast 24 lbs of Lee 401-175-TC boolits. That's in addition to 40 lbs. Saturday. The mold is on loan from X101airborne and is an absolute jewel. I'm running some of the indoor range lead from last year through it with just a hint of tin added and getting around 5% rejects.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by deerslayer303 View Post
    The Lyman ingot molds are alot nicer, you can stack em all nice and neat. Me I just sling the corn cobs in a 5 gallon bucket. Na, the 303 is for .303 British, my first rifle, killed my first buck with it, and she is still with me after all these years.
    Yea..............thats what Breaker Morant was referring to when he said we used the 303 rule. Here's a clip. Awesome movie.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaAQsxAQYHg

Boolit Bub
    I have not seen that movie but after watching that clip I most certainly will. I love the way they panned to the .303 stamping then down to the trigger being pulled..........AWESOME! Sorry I didn't catch the meaning when you first mentioned it.

Yeah I'm kind of limited on my ingots as to what will fit in my little Lee 10lb pot, the corn cobs and a Lyman ingot will fit. Not sure about a muffin ingot. Can you post a pic of these pans you have and the ingots made with them. I like to see what other folks make their ingots with.
    Regular muffin ingots will not fit the lee 10lb pots,[Dont ask] I bought the corn bread mold also and they work great

Boolit Buddy
    That is the same "Rule 303" taht is referenced in Breaker Morant.

Banned

You know, I always wondered about that. I too only have a 10# pot. As I looked at guys making ingots out of muffin pans it looked to me like they were too big for my pot. Now I know. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by BACKTOSHOOTING View Post
    Regular muffin ingots will not fit the lee 10lb pots,[Dont ask] I bought the corn bread mold also and they work great

Boolit Buddy Sergeant Earthworm's Avatar
    spent some brain energy trying to think of someplace where I can get more pure lead...

i cast @25 lbs of my new NOE 5 cavity 311041 plain base bullets and a 314316 NOE mold 1 hp 4 cav,gas check , its a nice mold ... bought it here , used . casts beautifully approx 6 lbs total . and a lee fn 150 gr 2 czvity @ 5 lbs so @ 36 lbs of boolits in 2 days sun -monday , sweet now to get time to load them ,,,, 3006 ,7.62x39,and a 7.62x25 ,... but i have 6 homemade ingots molds 1x6x21/2 inches makes 4-6 pound ingots stack like bricks , 1 corn cob mold , 2 rcbs 4 cavity ingot molds @ 1 lb each and i use them all to keep up with my turkey frier burner and a dutch oven smelter .... so much fun so little time ..
    To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them.”
    ~George Mason

my feedback page:click and give me feedback here,below...

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show....php?p=1412368

Boolit Master
    I lubed and sized all the Lee 358125RF I had left only about 150 and need to make some more. Plus I will start pouring the 22 boolits from my new NOE mold 22555FN tomorrow. And I started making some new wooden blocks for the .223 cases today too.
    I'm a Red Cross blood donor- are you? Make an appointment to donate today http://www.redcrossblood.org/make-donation
    http://www.redcrossblood.org/

FOR Disaster Relief DONATIONS-
    http://http://www.redcross.org/charitable-donations

Boolit Bub
    D'oh!!!!! fraggin' frattin' flippin'frap! Ohhh well... I guess I'll use my tile saw for ingot cutting.
    Democracy... while it lasts is more bloody than either aristocracy or monarchy. Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There is never a democracy that did not commit suicide.
    John Adams
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
    John Adams

For my rants on things important and not:
    http://commonmanandamerica.wordpress.com/

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by ncbearman
    You know, I always wondered about that. I too only have a 10# pot. As I looked at guys making ingots out of muffin pans it looked to me like they were too big for my pot. Now I know. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by BACKTOSHOOTING View Post

D'oh!!!!! fraggin' frattin' flippin'frap! Ohhh well... I guess I'll use my tile saw for ingot cutting.
    Democracy... while it lasts is more bloody than either aristocracy or monarchy. Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There is never a democracy that did not commit suicide.
    John Adams
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
    John Adams

For my rants on things important and not:
    http://commonmanandamerica.wordpress.com/