Titan ReloadingWidenersRotoMetals2Load Data
Inline FabricationRepackboxLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
Snyders Jerky

Thread: Dillon 550 value

Boolit Buddy

Question Dillon 550 value

OK everyone, I’m checking interest on a Dillon 550 press. I’m thinking of upgrading to a Dillon 650 w/casefeeder and will likely sell my 550 first to provide some of the funds for the 650.

That being said, what would be a realistic price to ask for the 550? It would come with both large and small primer bars/tubes, the original ball handle, a spare parts kit, 2 tool heads w/powder dies, 1 powder measure with large and small powder bars, 1 large and 1 small primer pick-up tubes, a conversion kit (shellplate, locator buttons, and powder funnel) for 45ACP, and the finished cartridge catch-bin. It will also include the Dillon cover for the press.
    Last edited by mktacop; 01-04-2013 at 01:32 PM.
    USAF Retired

WAR EAGLE!

"A government that does not trust its law abiding citizens to keep and bear arms is its self unworthy of trust."
    - James Madison

Boolit Buddy
    I am not for sure what they are worth? I am not trying to out do you, period. Some real good image's of it and any thing else that you might know that would help, Like saying how many rounds that has made, real clean, no wear or yes.??
    Allways depends? Ebay, $350.00--$600.00

Boolit Bub
    Dillon presses sell very close to their "new" price due to the excellent life time warranty offered by Dillon. Obviously, you have to offer some discount to make a buyer interested.....otherwise he simply buys direct from Dillon. Off the cuff, I think that anything over 75% of the new price is too much.
    Last edited by cgm; 01-04-2013 at 03:33 PM.

Boolit Master
    $334 is the discounted price of a new 550 Dillon. Except a few items, all you got is a used 550.

It might move at $275 , it is a used press.

LOL I want a 550 and have been looking around. If you are wanting to recoup some money then put it on EBay the things have been bringing more money used on EBay than they are new from Dillon. I am not kidding. I have seen the set-up you are describing go for 550$. They get around 6 bills if they have a couple extra pickup tubes. If you are looking to help a brother out, lol I'd take it for 275 right now.
    Nathan

Casting and reloading novice

Boolit Master
    I have to agree with drklynoon. I have been amazed at how many times I have seen Dillon equipment go from close to retail to over retail on ebay. I don't know if it is some Euro-twist- thing or what to get around import laws maybe. But why else would people pay more money for or close to the same cost for used over new equipment?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 550.jpg  
    TEAM HOLLYWOOD

NRA- LIFE TSRA-LIFE SASS-LIFE

Well LUBEDUDE, I would suggest ignorance as a possible explanation. As soon as people started buying and selling on EBay to make a living it has become rare to find deals for anything.
    Nathan

Casting and reloading novice

Boolit Mold
    mktacop, I've seen OK deals at about 15% discount off of Dillon's prices, good deals at 25% discount, and screamin' deals at 50% discount. You have to factor in the fact that a new press can be had for about 5% discount and free shipping for orders > 400(?) at Brian Enos' website, and I have a local shop that sells Dillon parts at Dillon's retail and no shipping and no tax. Thus, I don't normally jump at anything unless I'm getting at least a 20% discount including shipping.

Having said that, I just attended a reloading class today that was advertised on northeastshooters and there were a number of people interested in buying Dillon presses.
    Last edited by rutilate; 01-06-2013 at 07:26 PM. Reason: updated shipping $ for Brian Enos' site

Boolit Master

A fair price for used Dillon equipment in good condtion + is around 20 to 25% less than the current selling price new from Dillon.

Quote Originally Posted by bobthenailer View Post
    A fair price for used Dillon equipment in good condtion + is around 20 to 25% less than the current selling price new from Dillon.
    That may be a "fair" price, but you ain't gonna find one for that right now....

Went to a yard sale recently, saw a large cardboard box, looked in and found a like new 550, 3 sets of RCBS dies and 2 lbs. of Unique. I said how much? He said $125, I said, would you take a $100, he said yes, gotta be in the right place, right time.
    I have 3 , 550s now and 38 sets of dies on toolheads, don't know how I ever did without them. H10
    Hank10
    NRA endowment life
    SASS life
    NMLRA

Boolit Mold
    Dillon has some stuff on back order due to panic/christmas/inventory tax reduction....so they're selling for almost full retail. I have a mint SDB that I am going to let go of...just bought my 2nd RL550 today.

Jay

Boolit Man
    Quote Originally Posted by milprileb View Post
    $334 is the discounted price of a new 550 Dillon. Except a few items, all you got is a used 550.

Where is it for sale at that price?

Quote Originally Posted by milprileb View Post

Closer to $450.00 BARE PRESS.....if you have or know where these $334.00 dollar 550B presses are please share....

Boolit Master
    With the economy being in the shape its in and gear as well as components drying up, you can set a price the market will bare.

I too will sell my SDB. Nothing wrong with it, just like my 550 better.

Take care,

r1kk1

Boolit Man
    I was looking at buying the SDB, but just looks small. So it's either the 550 or 650 for me. Just trying to see if I can get enough funds for the 650 lol

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by on1wheel01 View Post
    Where is it for sale at that price?
    It was in the Smith-Wesson forum a few days ago. Was gone in 2 hours!

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by drklynoon View Post
    LOL I want a 550 and have been looking around. If you are wanting to recoup some money then put it on EBay the things have been bringing more money used on EBay than they are new from Dillon. I am not kidding. I have seen the set-up you are describing go for 550$. They get around 6 bills if they have a couple extra pickup tubes. If you are looking to help a brother out, lol I'd take it for 275 right now.
    Agree, the last time I looked on ebay for presses they were selling for more than new and people were still bidding