WidenersTitan ReloadingRepackboxInline Fabrication
Lee PrecisionLoad DataSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RCBS APS priming system

Boolit Master
    Another satisfied user of the RCBS bench-mounted strip priming machine. Have purchased strip-loaded cci primers for the same price as bare primers, but only because they don't seem to sell as well and go on special at various LGS's when they have been in stock for awhile. Usually about two to three dollars more than the bare primers, which I gladly pay to avoid loading up the strips.

Great system!
    "The trick is to stop thinking of it as 'your' money" (Tax Auditor)

Life is not waiting for the storm to subside, life is about learning to dance in the rain.

In Remembrance

I use the Safety Prime system on my Lee Classic Cast Turret press even when just priming cases to load on my Rockchucker. I like the separation from the stored primers, so there is no worry about a chainfire and there is plenty of leverage. Just pop out the turret and rod and prime away. I do still use one of my four Lee hand primes if I want to prime away from the reloading room. I will say I have never experienced but one accidental primer discharge. It was caused by a primer that got under my Rockchucker while sizing cases because the hold down bolts had gotten loose. It took me a while to figure out what exploded.

I don't plan on removing too many at one time, and yes TD you can have the strips! PM me and when they come in I'll get a collection together to send you. I actually found some regular CCI #500 small pistol primers at Bass Pro in Macon yesterday so I should be set for small pistol primers for the time being!

Boolit Master

I was using an RCBS hand primer then recieved an RCBS bench primer, Wow what a difference. Much easier on the hand. I made a simple wire and counter weight mod to eliminate reaching for the primer tube.

Right now I'm low buck as I can get... I looked up the hand primer (thanks for the heads up!! I didn't know they existed...) found one at Midway and made purchase. TD will inherit the spent strips (I know they can be reloaded but hopefully the panic of 2012/2013 will have subsided by the time I load up the 2000 i bought...) and all is well with my soul!!

After 6 or 7 years of reloading (I started after many years of shooting factory loaded), I still do all of my priming on a Lee Auto Prime that came with the press kit I bought when I started, I load for 6 different handgun calibers and one rifle caliber, all on a single stage press, but am considering purchasing a Lee Classic Turret Press, in the near future, after I get my new bench put together.
    They who would trade essential Liberty for a little temporary safety deserve neither Liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin.

A new ban will also NOT reduce crime or stop madmen. It will, however, show lawful gun owners that the government wants to take away their rights by starting with the right to protect the rest of their rights.
    God created man but Sam Colt made him equal

When Seconds count the police are only minutes away

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by viper7342 View Post
    After 6 or 7 years of reloading (I started after many years of shooting factory loaded), I still do all of my priming on a Lee Auto Prime that came with the press kit I bought when I started, I load for 6 different handgun calibers and one rifle caliber, all on a single stage press, but am considering purchasing a Lee Classic Turret Press, in the near future, after I get my new bench put together.
    To save you a lot of time and headaches and possibly more money on the only if i knew....get the 4 hole turret not the 3 hole.
    It didn't happen to me but i know a couple of people who got the 3 holer and have regretted it since day 1