RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionRepackboxWideners
Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationSnyders Jerky
Titan Reloading Load Data
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Desperately need help due to bone headed move of the year.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by youngda9 View Post
    I agree. And if you can't get a simple needle-hole arrangement to work on a Lee pot then you deserve to pay through the nose for a RCBS pot, LOL.
    I'd bet you would really love my Magma pot huh? LOL

Rick
    "The people never give up their freedom . . . Except under some delusion." Edmund Burke

"Let us remember that if we suffer tamely a lawless attack on our liberty, we encourage it." Samuel Adams

NRA Benefactor Life Member
    CRPA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by prickett View Post
    Ta Da!
    Attachment 54518

Just had to get the lead off the left support and from around the base. Removed the base and it pretty much fell right off!

Thanks all for the help.
    Your the luckiest guy. You should have bought a lottery ticket that day. Another member here burnt his whole shop down not watching his melter. The cookie sheet is a much better upgrade from the cardboard in your first post.
    If you guys have wood work benches go down to Home Depot and buy a piece of Hardie Board and throw on top of it.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonrider View Post
    After some searching I still did not find pic I wanted but I did find this on my phone that I had forgotten about.

I knew that this one was dripping, when I first noticed it was a little above the coffee can, I decided to see how tall it would get before falling over, Made it all the way to the spout. It had been some time since I had cleaned my pot, I have cleaned it since the pic and it leaks very infrequently now.
    Dragonrider,

Since you went all "Bill Nye the Science Guy" with your event, I hope you collected some useful imperical data cause I have a couple of questions.

#1 How long did it take for your stalagmite to form?
    #2 When you dismantled your treasure, did it break into sections when bent or did you have to resort to mechanical means to disassemble it?
    #3 Did you try to catch any of the individual drops that came out?
    #4 Have you been able to replicate the results?

I do like your style to let things play out. Many of our common use items came about by accidental means.

Myself, I would have tried to catch some of the droplets to determine if they would make shot. Who knows, maybe Lee could market their pot as a dual use device. Making lemons out of lemonade, no wait, I may have that backwards... oh well, lets see if I can do it.