Inline FabricationLee PrecisionRepackboxTitan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersReloading EverythingSnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2 Load Data

Thread: Opening day tomorrow

Boolit Master

Opening day tomorrow

Deer gun season in Ohio. Will be bringing the 357 mag S&W M66 loaded with Lee 358 RNF over Unique. If I see one 25-30 yds it will be great.
    I'm a Red Cross blood donor- are you? Make an appointment to donate today http://www.redcrossblood.org/make-donation
    http://www.redcrossblood.org/

FOR Disaster Relief DONATIONS-
    http://http://www.redcross.org/charitable-donations

Boolit Buddy
    Good Luck

I'll be out with my smoke pole tomorrow

Boolit Grand Master

Opening day tomorrow

Starts in PA as well. I have a MP 360-640 loaded over a bunch of H110. Limiting myself to 50 yards w/ my 1894C as I didn't shoot very well this past week. I also won't have a potential longer shot available until I head to the Poconos on Wednesday.

Brought to you by TapaTalk.

good luck guys, i hope u get a big-un..Bill
    PMI pistol range USMC 85-89

im looking for these contender pistol barrels--> 6tcu,.30herrett

barrels i have-->.221 fireball,7-30 waters,7tcu,.357 herrett,.44 mag,6.5tcu

There's only 2 people in this world i trust, one of them is me the other one's not you...

Banned
    Good luck to you all.....just remember one thing........if you do not have pictures....It did not happen.

Boolit Master

good luck on the openers everywhere!!!!!!!! Going out for our opener tomorrow

Boolit Master

Maryland open was yesterday (Nov 24th). I hardly saw any trucks or hunters, heard very few shots during the day. Dropped off my spike buck at the butcher at 4:00 p.m., usually the place is packed with a line of deer out the door, there was one on the hook and they took mine right away. I guess it was the 32-33F temps and the 20 mph winds all day kept most hunters home.

Good luck guys. Front sight squeeze.
    Paper targets aren't your friends. They won't lie for you and they don't care if your feelings get hurt.

I love the Lee 158gr RF. Drops for me at 165 (I carved out the bevel base) and it shoots good with a PB gas check.
    My brother is using 15.2gr 2400 in his rifle and it works great on deer.

Boolit Grand Master
    good luck to all
    Hit em'hard
    hit em'often

Getting ready to walk out the door right now. It is 4:30 and by the time I get to my brothers woods and get set up I will have 45 about 45 minutes until shooting light. Hope to use one of my 429421's to zap a nice fat corn fed meat doe! My favorite minutes of the year are these coming up just as the woods start to wake up. Good luck to all!

Wo;lfgang
    "We have awakened a sleeping giant and filled him with a terrible resolve."

Boolit Bub
    Today is opening day in Massachusetts but I am off to work and it is shotgun or muzzleloader anyways. I wished handguns were allowed for deer. If you can use a sabot slug why not a Contender or big bore revolver?

Good Luck to all of you on opening day. Try to keep the dozing naps to a minimum. You wouldn't want those bucks to come up to you with your tink's on and eat your lunch while napping.

Good luck to all and don't forget the pictures.
    "Some men are mere hunters; others are turkey hunters." Archibald Rutledge

http://doingitoutdoors.wordpress.com/

Boolit Grand Master

Opening day tomorrow

I should be taking pics of all the trespassers that keep walking into my shooting lane. One of them was trying to take my game cam when I woke up from a nap

Oh yeah, I'm in a blind but have a safety vest clearly posted about 10' away. People just don't look when they're barging through the woods.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by dragon813gt View Post
    I should be taking pics of all the trespassers that keep walking into my shooting lane. One of them was trying to take my game cam when I woke up from a nap

Oh yeah, I'm in a blind but have a safety vest clearly posted about 10' away. People just don't look when they're barging through the woods.

I hear you.

It's taken me 6 years of posting and kicking people off the private property I hunt (with permission) to finally get to the point of opening day this year... zero trespassers, for the first time. Four years ago I had 3 pickup trucks come up the fire trail and the boss start directing people all over the property until I came up and shut them down. The next two years it was the same two guys on ATV's. I'd kick them off one side of the property and I'd find them on the other side an hour later. There are bright yellow no trespassing signs everywhere. These guys just have no concept of "not mine".

Let them get to know the landowner, post signs, maintain trails, trail drainage, cut up deadfall, clear rockslides, get written permission, that's one thing. I ask them which property they're hunting and they're clueless. Apparently some of them just head up shared driveways and look for woods at random. I fill them in which property they're not hunting.

HF

In Remembrance
    I should be taking pics of all the trespassers that keep walking into my shooting lane. One of them was trying to take my game cam when I woke up from a nap.

I feel pretty sure this guy would have had to go home and clean up a little before resuming his hunt.

Boolit Master
    No deer yet for me. Opening day in Eastern Ohio was mild, sunny, and a full moon the night before. I only saw one deer, small buck but missed him with iron sights and the 357 mag revolver. It was fun though! Not many shots heard, and hardly any hunters at my shooting club. Today similar if not warmer weather, 50 degrees by noon and sunny. Didn't see a thing combined stand hunt and still hunting. Took the slug shotgun today but didn't use it. We get one more weekend for gun season in two weeks. Then ML season early in January. I've been known to wait till the final day of bow season to take one! It's all good.

Fewer hunters though, the layoffs and job losses are taking their toll on discretionary spending around here even among hunters. That plus the fact that we are definitely aging community and the younger people have moved away in search of jobs. All means fewer hunters I believe.

Joe
    I'm a Red Cross blood donor- are you? Make an appointment to donate today http://www.redcrossblood.org/make-donation
    http://www.redcrossblood.org/

FOR Disaster Relief DONATIONS-
    http://http://www.redcross.org/charitable-donations