Titan ReloadingWidenersLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline FabricationLee PrecisionRepackboxSnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2

Thread: Is there a Hornet PB boolit?

Boolit Master

Is there a Hornet PB boolit?

I'd like to find a 40g +/-5 boolit for my hornet that is PB.
    Anybody shoot PB in their hornet and what mould is it you use?

If you shoot a PB other than 40g I'd like to know about it too.
    Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. -- H.L. Mencken

The notion that a radical is one who hates his country is naïve and usually idiotic. He is, more likely, one who likes his country more than the rest of us, and is thus more disturbed than the rest of us when he sees it debauched. He is not a bad citizen turning to crime; he is a good citizen driven to despair.― H.L. Mencken

ADMIN

There was a noe group buy mold for 37 grains pb or gc
    Nice mold and great boolit.
    I have cast up a couple hundred but have not loaded any.

sent from my mobile.
    Don't like being hammered by the Cast Boolits Staff, then don't be a nail.
    The rules are simple to follow.

Boolit Buddy
    Blammer is currently doing a gb on the noe boollit 225107 NOE I'm waiting to get one but what i have read from the last run is these itty bitty boolits are great .

Boolit Master
    I've seen that GB before but missed it when I was looking earlier. thanks for the link.

I asked in the GB but does anybody know-

What does the HP PB version weigh?
    What are the dimensions of the HP?
    Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. -- H.L. Mencken

The notion that a radical is one who hates his country is naïve and usually idiotic. He is, more likely, one who likes his country more than the rest of us, and is thus more disturbed than the rest of us when he sees it debauched. He is not a bad citizen turning to crime; he is a good citizen driven to despair.― H.L. Mencken

I use the 225438 without a GC rolled in Lee Alox in the Hornet- 219 Wasp and 22-250 for 50 yard plinking.If you dont want the GC shank Erik Ohlen can remove it for a reasonable price.it shot better than the 225107 in my Hornets with an without the GC.

Boolit Master

Edge of The Crab Orchard National Wildlife Refuge
    Harry, not sure about the OP, but I am looking to use the 225107 in the 600-900fps range. Could you share the velocity ranges you were at in using both the 107 and the 438?
    Last edited by Hamish; 11-10-2012 at 01:28 PM.
    More "This is what happened when I,,,,," and less "What would happen if I,,,,"

Last of the original Group Buy Honcho's.

"Dueling should have never been made illegal in this country. It settled lots of issues between folks."- Char-Gar

I shot them at 1200-1300 fps.I used Bullseye and WST.They will often shoot 10 into 1"(give or take a bit) at 50 yards.At 25 yards its about a 30 caliber sized group.My 22-250 Stevens 200 shot the best.

George

Boolit Master
    Hello, 375Ruger. I had Fred Leeth of Pioneer Products make up nose-pour copys of the old Ideal 22636 in 52gr. Had both G.C. & P.B. versions made up to exact same dimensions. (P.B. also weighs in at 52gr.)
    I had him also make up copy of Lyman 225415..of the older 49gr. version..this is G.C., but I am sure he could make one in P.B.
    Now this is interesting..for pure accuracy..Not velocity..the only difference between the P.B. & G.C. versions was .3gr. the G.C. requiring the heaver charge.
    Both versions are grouping well into 3/4" at 100yds.

Boolit Master
    Well I know where I'm going to start. I'm going to HP a RCBS 22-055-sp and go from there.
    I'll just use Blammers GCs and maybe try some without also.
    All I really know for sure is that my little hornet does ok with 35g but excels with 45g. These are j-words and I'm hoping that it likes heavier boolits as well.
    I don't know why I put 40g in the OP, I'll blame it on jetlag, it's kicking my butt this week.
    Thanks for all the input fellas.

Boolit Master
    When I first started loading cast for the Hornet, I tried that RCBS bullet..probably spent way too much time trying to get it to shoot..no luck. My twist is 1-14"..but I think that long undersized nose is unsuported in bore.

Boolit Grand Master

I shoot the Lyman 44?gr rn in my K-Hornet. I have the gator checks and the Hornady. In this case it is much easier to use the Hornady. The Gator checks are difficult to install on the shank and take some effort to crimp on. Haven't measured but I think the material is thicker.
    I have had these awhile and bought then when the material was very expensive to purchase, don't know if it made a difference.

I have shot this boolit from about 700 fps to 2,700 fps. Make them out of lino and they simply explode in a jack.

try annealing the Gators.They are harder than Hornady on average.