Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2WidenersRepackbox
Snyders JerkyLoad DataLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters Supply Reloading Everything

Thread: new mould came today

Boolit Mold

new mould came today

my new lee 356-125-2r 6 cavity came today.going to load for my older 9mm's.star bm,llama extra 9mm largo,p1,p-38.whats a good oal and your pet loads?thanks

pete

Boolit Master

2 guns - I can only tell you what I do for my 9's. For the boolit I'm loading currently, (the MP 125gr HP, .358 diameter) my OAL is 1.125. One of my fav loads is 4.1 grs of Red Dot. It's a middle of the road load, but shoots well and fairly clean, with no leading - in MY guns. enjoy Mike Gotta edit what I just gave as load info. The powder was IMR 7625 - NOT Red Dot.... So - 4.1 Grs of 7625. Sorry, slip of the brain... Mike
    Last edited by captaint; 10-19-2012 at 10:45 AM. Reason: incorrect info
    Politicians are a lot like diapers. They should be changed frequently, and for the same reason. Benjamin Franklin

Boolit Master

2 guns - Another thought, OAL related. Just so you know - I set my OAL by the plunk test. Remove your barrel from the gun. Load a dummy round, leave it a little long. Drop the round in your chamber and see if it drops in and sits FLUSH with your barrel hood. That's where it should be. If it's a little long, just keep seating the boolit a little deeper, until the round sits flush. As long as that length is OK with your magazine, you're good to go. IF the round falls too deep in the chamber, make it a little longer. Done. enjoy Mike
    Politicians are a lot like diapers. They should be changed frequently, and for the same reason. Benjamin Franklin

Boolit Bub
    Too funny, I just got the same mold delivered today too. Got mine off Ebay!! Want to fire it up tomorrow morning an see how they come out.