Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
WidenersRepackboxLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan Reloading Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Digital Powder Scales

Boolit Buddy

I will use my Hornady Autocharge until I don't have electricity and then will go back to my RCBS 1010 because I know it is exact. I vewrify my Hornady with the RCBS and it's right on.

Bill
    NRA PATRON LIFE MEMBER

Space for Witty Signature Line FOR RENT...........Cheap

One thing I will say about battery operated scales. It can really ruin a weekend if you find out your batteries are dead the night before you go shooting. Always have a backup beam scale.

Went on Graf's web site and they had a MTM digital powder scale on sale for $26.95 + $5.95 $32.90 shipped. I bought this just for weighing my cast bullets. I figure it would be faster than a beam scale. It did have some good reviews.

Boolit Buddy
    Ive used my Ohas beam scale for years, when i gave my dad my reloading stuff so he could keep busy i bought him a digital scale (cant think of the name off hand, its in the basement). Now i have the reloading stuff back and was useing the scale. Its not battery its just plug into wall, so i dont have to worry about battery loss. It takes a while some times to get the tenth gr. to move when your trickling and alot of times goes over before it registers on screen. I keep the Ohas out on the bench to keep my loads true, and i have had a couple that were over grain on the digital but the screen said it was my load i was working on. I would use both as a fail safe.

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by pistolman44 View Post
    Would like to know which Digital powder scale is reliable? Thinking of buying one but don't have any experience with one.
    I've had a PACT scale for a 20+ years and it's still working. I only recently bought a SmartReloader powder dispenser...So far I have no issue with it...as a matter of fact I really like it. It was at a price I could not refuse.

Just as a test I have been weighing each load with the PACT and what came out of the SL. No issues they were equal. (I'm retired so got plenty of time.)

As a side note I don't load too max, so I would assume I would not approach the large errors that Wrench identified in his link. I could be wrong in the future...but I have never had problems with my 2 digital scales.

Here is a great post re: accuracy of digital scales.
    http://www.mnguntalk.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=34414

Boolit Grand Master in Remembrance

Quote Originally Posted by 45fisher View Post
    I've had a PACT scale for a 20+ years and it's still working. I only recently bought a SmartReloader powder dispenser...So far I have no issue with it...as a matter of fact I really like it. It was at a price I could not refuse.

Just as a test I have been weighing each load with the PACT and what came out of the SL. No issues they were equal. (I'm retired so got plenty of time.)

As a side note I don't load too max, so I would assume I would not approach the large errors that Wrench identified in his link. I could be wrong in the future...but I have never had problems with my 2 digital scales.

Here is a great post re: accuracy of digital scales.
    http://www.mnguntalk.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=34414
    Take a look where you need to send the smartloader product if you ever need to use the factory warrenty. Just another piece of chinese junk.

Thanks for supporting the U.S. worker.
    Lets make America GREAT again!
    Go, Go, Go, Go, Go Donald Trump

Keep your head on your shoulders
    Sit with your back to the wall
    Be ready to draw on a moments notice