RotoMetals2Load DataInline FabricationWideners
Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingRepackbox
Lee Precision Snyders Jerky

Thread: still looking for a rcbs case kicker

Boolit Master

still looking for a rcbs case kicker

I have been watching for a rcbs case kicker for some time now. I just watched one sell on ebay for 105 dollars, am I missing something. I know it wouldn't be hard to make but I would kinda like to have a factory one.

Boolit Master

I did make one back in the late 80s after I read an article by Wiley Clapp where he described how useful it was. IIRC I used an old hacksaw blade, which was springy enough, and I screwed it to a hardwood block I C clamped to my bench right next to the press. I made a catch ramp out of cardboard, and cases dropped into a plastic food storage container. Used it for several years until I got a progressive. Wonder if I still have it?

Boolit Bub
    $105!? Aw geeze! Now I am kicking myself, lol. I had one of these... heck, I still have two of those little green plastic tubs that catch the cases... never knew what those were for til I just saw a video of the case kicker in action. I included the case kicker when I sold the 4x4 press I had, I didn't realize it was for a single stage press. I think I sold the press for either $125 or $150... Oh well, live and learn. Won't let that happen again, heh.

Boolit Master
    There's a video on YouTube where a guy made one out of heavy stiff steel "wire". If you search for the case kicker, it will be one of the videos which are found. Moving the press handle back up hits one end of the wire, causes the other end to push the case out of the shell holder. Pivots on a bolt with a spring to hold it off the case until the handle over-rides the spring tension. Really simple design. I need to make a couple for my Lee Classic Cast and my RC - as soon as I get a round TUIT. I have one here somewhere...

Ed

Boolit Bub

Case kicker

Last one I got was from Huntington, but is was guite a while back.

Boolit Master

I made one years ago after reading prob'ly the same Wiley Clapp article. Made it from steel strapping like you get when stuff is bundled on pallets. I simply held it in place by sliding the non-working end under the press. I haven't used it for several years and don't know if I could find it but they're easy to make. Regards, Woody
    Take a kid along

Boolit Master
    Here's an alternative that you can make at home. It's not very elegant, but seems to work.

http://archery.ar15.com/archive/topi...&f=42&t=352196
    NRA Endowment Life Member

I had never heard of the casekicker until reading this thread. I looked at the utube videos and made thie one. I decap on my single stage and this little gadget cuts the time in half. First, I tried a a hack saw blade, but it broke when I tried to bend it. Started looking around in my shop and spotted this strap material (i think it may be stainless steel, holds up to bending and has good spring effect) I think it was some type of strap material used for shipping. I think it took a whole 15 minutes to form and screw it to the bench. Works great!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	casekicker 001_576x768.JPG 
Views:	724 
Size:	99.6 KB 
ID:	49354

Here is a poor quality video showing it in action

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ce9CbsTsHHM

Boolit Master

Thats about what i have made up. I just thought it would be nice to have a factory made one. That moment passed as soon as i saw what they can go for.

Boolit Mold

Cool Funny, I just got one of those.

Quote Originally Posted by rmatchell View Post
    I have been watching for a rcbs case kicker for some time now. I just watched one sell on ebay for 105 dollars, am I missing something. I know it wouldn't be hard to make but I would kinda like to have a factory one.

I just picked one up at a grage sale. I don't have any need for one so if you make me a reasonable offer it's yours (+shipping).

Boolit Mold
    Just saw this come out - you might be interested. Costs about as much as a set of dies. Would be worth it, I think.

http://rapidcasekicker.com/rapid-case-kicker-in-action/

Boolit Mold
    RCBS CASE Kicker Anyone know where they can still find one of these? I’m way new and just got my first RCBS empowers@yahoo.com if you know where.

I bought one on eBay about a year ago I paid 100$ for mine I was tiered of losing so I cough up the money.

Boolit Master

have to make one for myself. I've been wondering what would be the best way to do this and now I know
    NRA Life
    USPSA L1314
    SASS Life 48747
    RVN/Cambodia War Games, 2nd Place

Check out http://rapidcasekicker.com/ I just ordered one tonight. He has youtube videos of it in action

Boolit Master

Thanks, i was lucky enough to find an orignal.