MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataRepackboxWideners
Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2Inline FabricationSnyders Jerky
Lee Precision
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: how many cast in september

Boolit Master
    Close to da Creaux,Hang'n out in Swamp's and Bayou's

Danc'n with The Silver Lady of Heart's

For a friend .411/.412, Count unknown,More weather permiting tomorrow...

I cast year-round. It doesn't matter if the temperature is 10 degrees or 100. I cast outside. We don't see a lot of rain here. I just need to avoid the wind.

Boolit Man

I try to cast most mine in the winter months, that would be Dec and Jan here in South Texas; ok, maybe Nov - Feb some years.. Sept is time to get spun up for Bow season! Bow season for deer opens in a few weeks... Can't wait.
    When In Doubt, Empty The Magazine!

Boolit Master
    I did about 50 45/70 s and 200 .38 s this morning.Temp is about83 thanks to the cold front that came thru Sun. night.
    Old retired guy in Baton Rouge La.

Boolit Buddy
    I do my smelting in the "winter" when the mosquitoes are not so bad and the sweat is not dripping into my smelting pot. Casting season lasts a bit longer since it is done in my garage with the garage door open. All it has to be is down into the mid 70Fs as long as there is not too much humidity. It's a hobby, it's not like I want to work up a sweat doing it...
    NATURAL BORN CITIZEN = offspring of TWO US citizens
    Just because they are constantly playing the Race Card, it doesn't mean that we should allow them to get away with raping our Constitution.

Most problems in life can be solved with sufficient quantities of high explosives -- or with penicillin.

More about me

Boolit Master

My son came down from Tempe Labor Day to hang with Dad. Well, actually, he wanted me to cast a bunch of .45 HP's, so I cranked up the rig & turned out over 400 boolits from Miha's artwork. Jim then sized & lubed with the Star, and did the same with another 400+ -374's I had already cast. He went home with about 35 pounds of .45 boolits, and we were both happy campers.
    Echo
    USAF Ret
    DPS, 2600
    NRA Benefactor
    O&U
    One of the most endearing sights in the world is the vision of a naked good-looking woman leaving the bedroom to make breakfast. Bolivar Shagnasty (I believe that Lazarus Long also said it, but I can't find any record of it.)

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Echo View Post
    My son came down from Tempe Labor Day to hang with Dad. Well, actually, he wanted me to cast a bunch of .45 HP's, so I cranked up the rig & turned out over 400 boolits from Miha's artwork. Jim then sized & lubed with the Star, and did the same with another 400+ -374's I had already cast. He went home with about 35 pounds of .45 boolits, and we were both happy campers.
    Did he at least bring his own lead?
    NATURAL BORN CITIZEN = offspring of TWO US citizens
    Just because they are constantly playing the Race Card, it doesn't mean that we should allow them to get away with raping our Constitution.

Most problems in life can be solved with sufficient quantities of high explosives -- or with penicillin.

More about me

Boolit Master

Yesterday, I cast 100+ Lee 356-102 RN, 100+ Lee 358-105 SWC (mailed these to another member to try) and 250 Lee 450-200 RN HP boolits. Now I need to punch out some more plain based gas checks for 35 and 45 caliber. Frank

Boolit Grand Master

48 pounds of Lee 452-228-1R over the last two Sunday afternoons.

Boolit Master
    Hey LittleWolf...

I'd like to try casting with that -414 you mentioned in the original post... I've never seen one, but the shape of that boolit shur is purty... I have a 311329 to make my purty-shape boolits until I see a -414 come up for sale...

Now I just gotta warm up the pot....

Boolit Master
    About forty pounds of 311247, half and half PB and GC, with one cavity of each HP'ed it slows production waaaaaaaaaaay down.
    Tomorrow that fine spitzer point 311365 goes to work. It's a 5-cavity, so a morning should net me about 700 after culling the few that do not weigh out or have a messy sprue cut.

Rich
    Sua Sponte

Over the weekend I did about 200 each of RCBS 45-230-RN and 358477 from an NOE RG2 mold (first experience with a brass mold). After the HP pins got to temperature, the NOE was fantastic to use, but it was a bitch getting the pins to release the boolits in the start of the session. This was with a hot plate preheated mold. For some reason the pins seem to run colder than the rest of the mold in general.

Boolit Buddy

What happened to the oringinal post by the O.P., he must still be out in the shed casting

Boolit Master
    On a roll with RCBS 09115 RN
    another 100. I do better and get better results slowing down. And casting a small number per session.
    I'm a Red Cross blood donor- are you? Make an appointment to donate today http://www.redcrossblood.org/make-donation
    http://www.redcrossblood.org/

FOR Disaster Relief DONATIONS-
    http://http://www.redcross.org/charitable-donations

Boolit Grand Master

I don't know the count. But it's around 15#s of 360-640 and 12#s of 359-125.

Brought to you by TapaTalk.

Boolit Master
    Labor Day Weekend....big brother Art (he who would NEVER shoot lead boolits in any gun until recently) came to visist and we fired 200 rounds on Fri./Sat. with his 357 and 44 mag. Without cleaning I might add! He went back home with 40 lbs. (pounds!) of fresh cast and Recluse lubed boolits. The best part was watching his face when the groups averaged under 1 1/2in. at 50yds. with almost every load. The best groups? Under 1 inch with the H&G 44 mag. boolit. He admitted he couldn't get factory or jacketed loads to shoot that well. He is a believer! Audie...the Oldfart.....

Boolit Master
    I don't keep check but I have to cast as much as I can while its warm enough. Soon it will be too dark and cold and eventually my casting place will be inaccessible for months due to snow.

Boolit Man
    I cast around 3000 to 5000 mixed types per week - sometimes double that! I struggle to keep up supplying to people by hand casting, but machine casting rifle boolits is not really good enough.
    I just ordered another 25000 gas checks - ouch, they're not cheap!

couple hundred .562 balls last night and 2-3000 230gr .45s last week Will cast more for stock when it starts to snow after hunting season. Need 6-7000 45s for the year and 2-3000 assorted for the 500 revolver
    The only part of the metric system America has embraced is the 9mm.

Remember incoming fire has the right of way

1500 = 311414
    200 = 452460
    started at 1400 cst gave up at 2330 cst