WidenersSnyders JerkyLee PrecisionRepackbox
Reloading EverythingLoad DataTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
Inline Fabrication MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: PCSing: Time to sell some lead

Boolit Man

PCSing: Time to sell some lead

So it looks like I'll be moving soon and need to get rid of some of my lead stash I've built up. How do you suggest I sell it? I have some ingotized clip on WW, some ingotized pure lead, and some un-ingotized clip on WW as well as a really heavy bucket full of range lead. I have probablly 300 lbs to sell or so. thank you!

P.s. this is NOT an ad to sell my lead. When I do sell it, I will post it on the swapping and selling forum.
    Respectfully,

Powell

Boolit Master
    Pack up everything you have already ingotized into Medium Flat Rate Boxes - about 60 lbs each. You can either ingotize what you have unsmelted or sell it as-is. I think it will sell easier in ingot form, though.

You'll need to at least double-box them and tape the living hell out of the package. Basically you should plan for the package to survive a shot-put competition. I make sure there is no cardboard exposed without tape on it and the corners and edges get extra. I also tape up the inside box too.

Some guys build a plywood box that goes into the MFRB, but I have had good luck with double-boxing. Another way to do it is to pack the MFRB with Small Flat Rate Boxes.
    Ronald Reagan once said that the most terrifying words in the English language are: "I'm from the government and I'm here to help".
    Download my alloy calculator here: http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=105952

Boolit Master
    You say you're PCSing; you can ship lead in your HHG; lead, brass, and bullets/boolits; no powder, primers, or loaded ammo.
    Service members, veterans and those concerned about their mental health can call the Veterans Crisis Line to speak to trained professionals. To talk to someone, call 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1, send a text message to 838255 or chat at VeteransCrisisLine.net/Chat.

If you or someone you know might be at risk of suicide, there is help. Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255, text a crisis counselor at 741741 or visit suicidepreventionlifeline.org.

Boolit Man
    Watch yor weight, going over is not cheap. Where are you at now?

Sent from my DROID Pro using Tapatalk 2
    Dan Dabson
    Dover, DE
    http://www.facebook.com/dabsonshooting

Stained Glass pieces made by my wife
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/connysstainedglass

Boolit Man
    Yes, I've looked into shiipping it in HHG but because of the weight I'm looking to sell some of my stash. I'm in Colorado.
    Respectfully,

Powell