Load DataRotoMetals2Snyders JerkyWideners
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxInline FabricationTitan Reloading
Lee Precision

Thread: Win 94 .357 mag

Boolit Bub

Win 94 .357 mag

I found myself a trails end win 94 in .357 mag. I am having some issues with it as I can not top up the magazine like my 30-30's.
    Is there somthing wrong here or are the newer 94's different? or is it just an issue with pistol caliber 94's?
    I did some of that googling and serched on this site with no luck.

Thanks

Jody

Boolit Master

I found myself a trails end win 94 in .357 mag. I am having some issues with it as I can not top up the magazine like my 30-30's.
    I believe you are missing a part that screws on the end of the lever called a "cartridge block" PN#U346410100(about $6.) and screw U344912370($2.) These break off and sometimes prevent loading cartridges after you've cycled the action. You can get them from Browning Parts at 1 800 322 4626 ext 2863. Order a couple and an Ejector or two PNU341850310(about$6) because that will break if you shoot the gun any amount at all. These guns were not made for pistol cartridges and can be especially problematic in the .357. I've owned one for a few years now and have shot it a lot(over 3K rds) and have received many lessons in angle eject 94's. Rossi 92's are much better .357 platforms. Being from Canada (Red Green) think of the Winchester 94 as a Chrysler "K" car and the Rossi 92 as a Toyota Corrola.
    "Masculine republics give way to feminine democracies, and feminine democracies give way to tyrannies.” Aristotle

Boolit Bub
    Damn!!! now i have to take all that duct tape off to pull her apart!

Thanks Much,

Jody

Boolit Master

Damn!!! now i have to take all that duct tape off to pull her apart!
    That was a great series(Red Green),my wife picked up a bunch of the video tapes for me. We used to watch it at work.
    "Masculine republics give way to feminine democracies, and feminine democracies give way to tyrannies.” Aristotle

Boolit Bub
    Yah, I loved the one where he made a trailer for a float plane so it could haul more gear.