WidenersLee PrecisionLoad DataSnyders Jerky
MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
Repackbox
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lee classic cast turret .... ?

Quote Originally Posted by Fatdaddy View Post
    The Classic turret is probably the best thing Lee makes.
    As long as you keep a spare nylon indexing gear on hand, it's good to go.
    I usually go through one of these every couple of years and I'm not so sure those weren't victims of the kids playing around.
    Now as a fairly recent owner of one just under 1 year I agree. I also have 3 other presses by Lee, the Pro 1000, Reloader Press and hand press and all 3 serve their purposes for me however I sold a second Lee Pro 1000 to by the Lee Classic turret which is what I wanted to begin with but got a good deal on 2 Pros for the price of one with 4 sets of die 3 of which I still have. I sold the Pro with powder despenser and 38/357 dies for enough to buy the hand press and complete Classic with every thing including new powder despenser (and pro conversion) and primer feed system. Use it for 45 Colt regardless of powder exclusively and 45 ACP with SPP brass (quicker to change and have extra set of dies for 45 ACP.

Le Loup Solitaire

Lee Turret Press question

Just an idea-question...the Lee single stage cast can be set up to work from the left side. The Turret Press is stated to be a "righty only". The linkages appear to be the same or at least similar as is the cross bolt to which the operating handle is attached so in my not too well trained machinist mind I got to wondering if the cross bolt and handle would be swapable and make the press " a lefty". Of course the strut can't be moved anywhere as there is no hole for it, but if the handle could run things from the southpaw side....maybe lefties could be happier. The key word is, as always, if. Your thoughts/ideas/opinions. LLS

Boolit Master
    Dodge Co. GA. Between the Ocmulgee and Little Ocmulgee rivers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Loup Solitaire View Post
    Just an idea-question...the Lee single stage cast can be set up to work from the left side. The Turret Press is stated to be a "righty only". The linkages appear to be the same or at least similar as is the cross bolt to which the operating handle is attached so in my not too well trained machinist mind I got to wondering if the cross bolt and handle would be swapable and make the press " a lefty". Of course the strut can't be moved anywhere as there is no hole for it, but if the handle could run things from the southpaw side....maybe lefties could be happier. The key word is, as always, if. Your thoughts/ideas/opinions. LLS
    The handle is adjustable for both length and left or right use.

US Govt mantra: If it's moving tax it. If it's still moving regulate it. If it stops moving subsidize it

Boolit Master
    I set my classic cast turrent to run with the handle on the right side. It frees up the left hand to place the case, boolit and primer and remove the completed round. The right hand stays on the press handle for the turrent press. I am a lefty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Loup Solitaire View Post

Thousands of 223 and 40 S&W and the press shows no wear. That being said, I'm pretty anal about taking care of my equipment. Regular cleaning and lubrication. It does its part and I take care of it.
    ,,, stupidity comes to some people very easily. 8/22/2017 Pat Lengyel (my wife) in a discussion about Liberals.

Quote Originally Posted by connecticut-yankee View Post
    This is my first press. I've uncapped 15K rounds since May 1st, 2012. I have nothing but praise for my Classic Turret press. Lookslike I bought the right press the first time.
    You are correct about the right press Mr Hardcore

Quote Originally Posted by jimkim View Post
    The handle is adjustable for both length and left or right use.
    Yep, both the original and Classic Turrets are ambidextrous. It's the Loadmaster that's right-hand-only, IIRC.
    "San Francisco Liberal With A Gun"
    http://www.sanfranciscoliberalwithagun.com/
    http://www.liberalsguncorner.com/ (podcast)
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    .38 Spl, .357 Mag, .44 Spl/Mag, .45 Colt, and .22LR
    A true Liberal must by definition support the entire Constitution, and thus also the 2A, 100%. Any other position is inconsistent with liberalism.

I have one. I powdercoated the 3metal post/legs and the handle to prevent rusts.

Loaded a lot of 30M1 rounds on that machine!

I have one. I powdercoated the 3metal post/legs and the handle to prevent rusts.

Loaded a lot of 30M1 rounds on that machine!

Boolit Master

I love mine, but LEE needs to make a casefeeder for this like the pro1000.
    I'll be a nice to you as you'll let me be, or as mean as you make me be.

Polite society started dying the day it was no longer necessary for rude men to physically defend themselves from the consquences of their actions or words.

Boolit Master

Mine runs great , only issue was primer feed and that was the spring and not sure why that happened , but contacted Lee and they are sending one , no cost , and a fast reply , pleased with their service and the classic turret is a great press

Boolit Mold
    i picked up two lee 3 hole turret presses at a yard sale acouple of years ago.i found them very handy.
    i have had no problems.changed one over to 4 hole.they worke good for cast boolets in rifles so far.
    extra turrets are cheep and you can just leave them set up.
    i mean the have to be good the pair cost me $5 with dies 38/357 and 45 colt both carbide.

booneh