Snyders JerkyRepackboxLoad DataRotoMetals2
WidenersInline FabricationLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Shooting in Colorado

Boolit Master
    alamogunr
    That comment and post is so far beneath contempt, I cant imagine anyone being so messed up in the head that your first thoughts are to try to turn somthing like this political.
    jim

The surreal part of this for me is that is just a few blocks from where I used to live. The wife, daughter and I went to that theater all the time for movies. If we still were there, it is likely that we would have gone to see that.

The wounded were triaged at a nearby high school. The nearest high school to that theater was where I worked for a few years after I was laid off by the airlines.

Very strange. And sad. After this and Columbine I suspect things are going to be particularly bad in Colorado, but the rest of the country is going to feel it as well.

Boolit Master
    Mall Ninja. Frustrated by America's lack of recognizing him for being a 'hero on guard at home'. Decided to pay us back for not being in awe of him.
    Who really knows? Theses guys all have their own reality, apart from normal people. I see them as having their maturity developement arrested somewhere around the age of ten. They may look, act, and live in the adult world, have normal IQ's, but maturity, and sense of self-awareness has been left behind.
    Hate is a strong word, I don't like using it. But these people deserve it. They take away from people the one thing anybody ever really has...life. I would never put our interests above the victims lives, but once again we gun owners will be put on the defensive because of these selfish creeps who kill simply because it makes them feel good.
    Last edited by wallenba; 07-20-2012 at 10:43 AM.
    Dutch

"The future ain't what it used to be".
    -Yogi Berra.

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by btroj View Post
    Senseless it was. Sadly, I see a renewed call for fun control. Soon we will get a pat down at theaters too.
    its too damn bad someone didn't have a gun there so they could have ended this clown's terror spree
    just reaffirms my need for a cc permit
    Hit em'hard
    hit em'often

Boolit Master

My thoughts and prayers go out to the victims of this senseless tragedy in Aurora Colorado. Having put a son in the ground I do first hand know the pain and confusion and feelings of helplessness and loss. In time they will learn to live with the emptiness left in their hearts by a diabolical thug. Sadly already people are trying and will continue to try to use this incident to further their political careers or agendas. It sickens me. When in my opinion all these terrible tragedies are the result of a Nation that has turned its back on God. When Man is left to his own sense of justice and morality this is what happens. Satan is giggling with delight right now....Dan.

Boolit Master

CNN Piers Morgan Calls For Gun Control...

Bloomberg: What are Obama, Romney going to do about guns?
    Hate is like drinking poison and hoping the other man dies.

*Cohesiveness* *Leadership* *a common cause***

***In a gunfight your expected to be an active participant in your own rescue***

The effective range of an excuse is ZERO Meters

14 dead now @ 9:30 am
    I guess his apartment is booby-trapped too.
    R.M.

The tree of liberty must be watered periodically with the blood of tyrants and patriots alike..........Thomas Jefferson

Boolit Master

Very sad. I pray for the families of the victims and the victims as well. No one carries concealed in Colo.? Wallenba hit the nail on the head in the above post.
    You can miss fast & you can miss a lot, but only hits count.

Boolit Master

Raum Emmanuel says to "never let a good crisis go to waste". Shameful how this tragedy is already being politicized.
    You can miss fast & you can miss a lot, but only hits count.

Quote Originally Posted by EMC45 View Post
    No one carries concealed in Colo.
    The permit has to be approved by the Sheriff. When I was there, the Sheriff of Arapahoe county (where half of Aurora lies) then was notorious for not approving carry permits. I didn't even bother to try as a number of people that I know tried, but were rejected.

Things have changed. Many, many people have permits, but don't carry, for reasons that only they can say.
    R.M.

The tree of liberty must be watered periodically with the blood of tyrants and patriots alike..........Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by NSP64 View Post
    Helmet
    Gas mask
    Kevlar vest

One ccw person could have stopped it.
    My GF used to think I was paranoid carrying all the time, not so now.
    As long as that CCW person had a gas mask, illumination and hearing protection.

That way they might have known to get their family to head to the lobby and not the fire exits where folks were getting shot up.

This guy had a plan and stuck to it. Event was timed and planned for maximum panic in a target-rich environment.

If you would open fire in a crowded theater after panic and confusion set in, what would your instructor say?
    http://armedliberalinmo.blogspot.com/
    NRA Certified Trainer
    Bowers v. DeVito "...there is no constitutional right to be protected by the state against being murdered."
    Partner, Olsen Training Group

Quote Originally Posted by EMC45 View Post
    Very sad. I pray for the families of the victims and the victims as well. No one carries concealed in Colo.? Wallenba hit the nail on the head in the above post.
    Also, theaters are free fire, er, gun free zones.

The shooter picked a ripe target.
    http://armedliberalinmo.blogspot.com/
    NRA Certified Trainer
    Bowers v. DeVito "...there is no constitutional right to be protected by the state against being murdered."
    Partner, Olsen Training Group

Quote Originally Posted by ErikO View Post
    Also, theaters are free fire, er, gun free zones.

The shooter picked a ripe target.
    I don't think so in CO. I know I carry in them, right or wrong.
    R.M.

The Brady campaign against common sense (gun violence) allready has a picture of the theater on their webb page. "Sign our petition now"

I guess they had those "bans guns" signs for the CCW holders at the mall. I don't know but couldn't there be some responsibilty on the property owners for not letting people protect themselves?
    Oh great, another thread that makes me spend money.

Boolit Man
    Well that theater is about a 5 minute drive from us and we have watched a few movies there. Luckily, no one I know personally was affected; however, we are getting word on base that some military members stationed with me were affected. We don't have any details yet. This is just further motivation for me to get my concealed carry. I've put it off for far too long!
    Respectfully,

Powell

In Remembrance
    The shooting mirrors the first chapter in my book where the scumbags target people they KNOW will be unarmed, and thus defenseless.

The fact that libtards don't get this is yet another indictment of the pubic education system they are in charge of.

Boolit Buddy

Just heard on a radio news report, the alledged shooter had just dropped out of Medical School last month. He is supposed to be 24; so I doubt he is a vet.

There is also something in the news about Good Morning America tracking down the shooter's mother. When they called her she was unaware her son was the shooter. When informed her son had just killed a number of people, she said something to the effect of "that's him". So she obviously knew he had some problems.

In Remembrance
    Quote Originally Posted by ErikO View Post
    As long as that CCW person had a gas mask, illumination and hearing protection.

That way they might have known to get their family to head to the lobby and not the fire exits where folks were getting shot up.

This guy had a plan and stuck to it. Event was timed and planned for maximum panic in a target-rich environment.

If you would open fire in a crowded theater after panic and confusion set in, what would your instructor say?
    I've told my wife and daughter that if anything like that happened, they were to grab hold of my back belt loops and follow me to safety.

As far as opening fire after panic/confusion set in? That is up to the individual and not his or her instructor.

The last thing you should ever worry about when trying to save your own life is what someone else might think.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoon 45 View Post
    There is also something in the news about Good Morning America tracking down the shooter's mother. When they called her she was unaware her son was the shooter. When informed her son had just killed a number of people, she said something to the effect of "that's him". So she obviously knew he had some problems.
    I think that's a gross distortion.

My take was that when she was telephoned by the press, they were asking if she was the mother of the shooter, and that is when she said it.

I believe she said, "you've got the right person", as in, "yes, that is my son."

A San Diego woman identifying herself as James Holmes's mother spoke briefly with ABC News this morning.

She had awoken unaware of the news of the shooting and had not been contacted by authorities. She immediately expressed concern that her son may have been involved.

"You have the right person," she said.

"I need to call the police," she added. "I need to fly out to Colorado."
    http://abcnews.go.com/US/mass-shooti...ry?id=16817842
    Last edited by Mud Eagle; 07-20-2012 at 01:12 PM.