Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxLee Precision
WidenersSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
Load Data

Thread: Lee 452-252-SWC

Boolit Bub

Lee 452-252-SWC

Howdy folks,
    I am fixing to get the Lee 452-252-SWC mould for my 45 LC Ruger Blackhawk. What is your folk's opinion on this bullet? Thanks.

Boolit Master
    My .45 Colts like it. I keep thinking I need to finetune my load for them though, or practice more. Probably practice more.
    I passed my last psych eval, how bout you?

Boolit Master
    Works very well in my Ruger Blackhawk...

Boolit Bub
    up the road from an old western pa. coal patch
    Works OK but the 255 gr. rf bullet has a better ballistic coefecient .210 versus .136 and drops into cylinders a bit better. I shoot it more often. They both work very well however.Tom

Boolit Master

I killed an Impala, a Gemsbok, and a warthog with them last month in S. Africa. They work GREAT on game!

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...=135266&page=5
    I'll be a nice to you as you'll let me be, or as mean as you make me be.

Polite society started dying the day it was no longer necessary for rude men to physically defend themselves from the consquences of their actions or words.

Boolit Grand Master

I like the Lyman 452424, very similar design. Works very well w/ BP loads in my SAA relicas and does well over Universal in my Ruger BH. Lee probably better for smokeless with two shallow lube grooves, Lyman has one deep groove.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Bub
    Hey thanks for the replies guys. I will probably eventually order the RF and the 300 gr mould but ordered the SWC for now just to try it out. Thanks!

Boolit Bub
    My Ruger Vaquero and Bisley both like that bullet. I wish they sold it in a 6 cavity. I know they used to, but I haven't been able to find one for sale at the same time I had the discretionary funds for it. I keep wondering how it would do in a 45 acp.

Boolit Master
    Last I looked Lee only made this mold in a two cavity. I use to have the mold and it did shoot well, quite accurate, but later shifted onto the 255 RF because of the 6 cavity design and it too was a good shooter. IIRC nearly the same running at 1.5" or so from 30 yards off a bench. One of the big things I disliked was the small, shallow lube grooves.

Boolit Bub
    I saw a six cavity on Ebay once, but didn't have the money at the time. Maybe it was a custom???

Boolit Master

I have that bullet and it shoots low in my Uberti and with fixed sights I do not want to file the front sight down so I loaded a few that have a lower powder charge to see if that works and I loaded some 300 grain some one gave me to try. I had ordered the RF mould at my gun shop and they made a mistake and got this one. It was at a time that Lee was back ordered on a lot of stuff so I bought it. If I can get it to shoot to POI I will be happy with it.
    A gun is like a parachute: If you need one and don't have one, you won't be needing one again.