RotoMetals2Inline FabricationLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
Snyders JerkyWidenersRepackboxLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bucketful for free! BUT...

[QUOTE=Goatlips;
    Redbear, Southfield, wish I was farther north. Joining DSC, where garandsrus and several others shoot, and I've been doing cowboy for about eight years. You?

Goatlips[/QUOTE]

GoatLips...small world! I live about five miles from DSC but have never shot there.

I do belong to a clug about forty miles north thou.....

As a matter of fact i am going to DSC this saturday for some instruction on being a RO/SO for IDPA....so I will finally get to shoot there!

I may become a member there so maybe we will meet someday...JR
    Member Migigan Gun Owners www.MiGunowners.org
    NRA member NRA R/O
    IDPA member
    IDPA Safety Officer
    Member Linden Sportsmens Club Linden,MI
    Member Detroit Sportsmans Congress Utica,MI

Thumbs up

I think I got it. I hammered Wheelweights into the rims of all four tires, all the way around, inside and out. That's maybe 30 pounds off the springs.

Threatened with Carpetman's solution, the 20 lb cat agreed to jump up and down for the entire trip, so she'd add only an average of 10 pounds to the springs, being weightless half of the time.

I rigged my largest steel target on the luggage rack as a reverse spoiler, so that should provide enough lift to handle the remaining weight at highway speeds. On the road this Sunday!

Many thanks to all for the input and the spirit in which it was given and recieved!

Goatlips

Solution is take the heep, I mean Jeep down to the Dodge Dealer and trade off for quad cab 2500 with the new bigger Cummins and it will carry 11k with no sweat. Plus you will still have the truck and you can go shopping in Mich for a trailer whe the weather turns cold and next winter come out and shoot with me. Park in my driveway and plug in. Bring the weights though and you can use my pot.
    Yer pard,
    Howdy

Goatlips, so loaded all four wheel rims with lead. You might just find that you now have four unballanced wheels. It might be a bitch of a journey home!

What is the cost of four new tyres?
    Last edited by Ron; 04-27-2007 at 06:34 AM. Reason: additional text
    Ron.

FESTINA LENTE

Boolit Mold

u.p. copper

lloyd smale, hello from the woods north of saint ignace. how's the copper picken your way? my son works for a recycler, #1 copper today $3.15 per lb. says will be $4.00 very soon. i have a friend that has a place in houghton has one of the old mines in his backyard. keeps asking me to come up and work it. been a handloader and caster 30 years.