RepackboxLee PrecisionMCD ProductsMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline FabricationReloading EverythingTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2

Thread: any body using here MP mold 9mm 140 gr swc?

Boolit Mold

anybody using MP mold 9mm 140 gr .359 here???

whats your load data? pls pls help.... thank you..
    Last edited by Stishooter; 07-04-2012 at 04:11 AM.

No longer living in the High Country, Australia, a lowlander now.

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    I don't see the data for the 9mm with this boolit?
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Quote Originally Posted by FergusonTO35 View Post
    I don't see the data for the 9mm with this boolit?
    That's a good point. Although some of us don't normally consider a 140 grain boolit for use in 9mm Luger (9x19), if it feeds it can be used. The one 140 grain boolit I cast is a plain base SWC designed ostensibly for 38 Special/357 Magnum. Given that the OP mentions "swc" an ".359", I tend to think this is the type of boolit he's referring to.

However, if it feeds (resizing may be needed) it can be safely loaded and fired in a 9mm platform. There being no 140 grain 9mm boolits, or so it seems, one will have to carefully and safely interpolate data for 147 grain cast boolits (it's pretty close to 140 grains) which is readily available in many published data sets. It's very common for cast boolits to not weigh exactly what the mold maker say it will owing to the home caster's alloy differing in varying degrees to the alloy the mold maker had in mind.

When doing this kind of loading, or any kind for that matter, you always want to err on the side of safety. Start at starting loads for cast 147 grain boolits and work up carefully following all normal and suggested safe practices and protocols.

No longer living in the High Country, Australia, a lowlander now.
    Quote Originally Posted by ku4hx View Post
    That's a good point. Although some of us don't normally consider a 140 grain boolit for use in 9mm Luger (9x19), if it feeds it can be used. The one 140 grain boolit I cast is a plain base SWC designed ostensibly for 38 Special/357 Magnum. Given that the OP mentions "swc" an ".359", I tend to think this is the type of boolit he's referring to.

However, if it feeds (resizing may be needed) it can be safely loaded and fired in a 9mm platform. There being no 140 grain 9mm boolits, or so it seems, one will have to carefully and safely interpolate data for 147 grain cast boolits (it's pretty close to 140 grains) which is readily available in many published data sets. It's very common for cast boolits to not weigh exactly what the mold maker say it will owing to the home caster's alloy differing in varying degrees to the alloy the mold maker had in mind.

When doing this kind of loading, or any kind for that matter, you always want to err on the side of safety. Start at starting loads for cast 147 grain boolits and work up carefully following all normal and suggested safe practices and protocols.

What he said. + Some SWC's have feeding problems with the auto's.
    Last edited by Wal'; 07-05-2012 at 01:10 AM.