RepackboxLee PrecisionSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading EverythingInline FabricationWidenersTitan Reloading
Load Data RotoMetals2

Thread: Adaptor in 30-06?

Boolit Master

Adaptor in 30-06?

Anyone use adapters in a rifle? Plan to shoot 32 long .The rifle is an Enfield M 1917.It has a 1 in 10 twist.The 32 long is loaded with 115 g cast.Question will it stabilize? Thanks

Boolit Master

Edge of The Crab Orchard National Wildlife Refuge
    (He meant "mouse fart")

mouse fart
    cat sneeze
    reduced load
    The Load

But you knew all of that, you been here long time, yeah? You just want to try a steen-kin' cartridge adaptor.

They work, most of the time not as accurately as using the parent cartridge, (or as easily) but, you never know,,,,,,
    Last edited by Hamish; 06-26-2012 at 04:54 PM.
    More "This is what happened when I,,,,," and less "What would happen if I,,,,"

Last of the original Group Buy Honcho's.

"Dueling should have never been made illegal in this country. It settled lots of issues between folks."- Char-Gar

Boolit Master

Marble's No. 159

Quote Originally Posted by Shooter6br View Post
    Anyone use adapters in a rifle? Plan to shoot 32 long .The rifle is an Enfield M 1917.It has a 1 in 10 twist.The 32 long is loaded with 115 g cast.Question will it stabilize? Thanks

Is this what you are using? It's a Marble's No. 159 and the round is a .32 Auto. That's what came with it when I got it. Never have used it, but have been very curious about it. I don't think a .32 Long will fit in it due to the rim. Could be wrong though...
    Shoot Safe,
    Mike

Retired Telephone Man
    NRA Endowment Member
    Marion Road Gun Club
    ( www.marionroad.com )

Boolit Grand Master
    My friend shot one of the ones he got from Sportsman's Guide to shoot .32 ACP in a .30-06 chamber. Said it was wonderfully accurate. Problem is it got stuck in the chamber and I'm still trying to get the !@#$ thing out. When it didn't extract the first go 'round, he just kept on shooting it. Now it's stuck, big time.

Boolit Master

Jam in a 357 or larger cleaning brush and try to push it out with a rod from the muzzle. This is my remedy for getting head separated brass out of the chamber also except I use a .50 brush.

I don't see any reason that it wouldn't stabilize. I thought about getting an adapter for a wile but just went with putting an RCBS .32-98 SWC over 8gr of 2400 for my '03A3. Same boolit that I use for my .32 S&W long. It gives me minute of squirle to 50 yards with very little meat loss. Pluss I've got one less thing to loose.

I'd try spaying the chamber with some Kroil and let that sit for a bit. might help in getting it out easier.

Nora
    If you don't have the time to do it right, when are you going to find the time to fix it?