Titan ReloadingRepackboxRotoMetals2Wideners
Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyLoad DataLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UPS lost my package!

Vendor Sponsor

UPS lost my package!

YEP! My 3 custom reamers where supposed to be at my door last Wednesday. I was pacing the street ready to run down any of the big Brown trucks I saw.

Seems the package made it as far as the hub in Commerce City CO with an arrival scan on the 8th. Then there was never any departure scan of the package.

Just a shot in the dark here but I'm looking for anyone with some inside conections with UPS. I just goggled the CO. hub and will try the phone numbers in an attempt to track down the package. I have allready jumped threw all the hoops with tracking #s and calling the main UPS # but you can imagine how ethusastic they are about my meaningless package is to them.

You can bet I will request my supplier of custom reamers to use USPS next time with priority flat rate shipping.

The reamers are my custom designed .458 .475 and .500

The UPS investigation is supposed to come to an end at the end of this week. My custom reamer shop will be able to make me new reamers fairly quickly but for those that are waiting on these caliber dies from me it looks like it might be a couple more weeks before I get the reamers.

Thanks

Good shooting and Swage On!

BT
    Last edited by BT Sniper; 06-18-2012 at 02:14 PM.
    BTX Star Crimp Die
    Back in stock with new low price!
    Click link below!
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...Star-Crimp-Die

also check in and say hello on my new face book page!
    https://www.facebook.com/BTSniper-153949954674572/

In Remembrance

How dare they!!!!!

Then again, people lose luggage at the airport all the time, and the Post Office is even known to lose a few packages.

I'm sure the package is somewhere. It probably got accidentally placed on some truck going in the wrong direction without a proper scan. Or, it's sitting under some conveyor belt, waiting for some underpaid soul to place it back on the belt.

If they accidentally routed it to my house, I'll send it along as fast as it gets here. I want my 500 mag die set! LOL

NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor

Author of a book on reloading
    ILSA MEMBER http://www.internationallawnsteelsho...ssociation.com
    NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

Vendor Sponsor

I'll get my set of reamers one way or another. Shouldn't take the shop to long to make me a second set. It just SUCKS.

BT
    BTX Star Crimp Die
    Click link below!

Boolit Master

Better do Duke's first. LOL I'm still in no hurry.

Vendor Sponsor

I try to do atleast 10 dies on my first run of any new caliber. You guys will most likely get your dies at the same time. I'll keep you posted.

BT
    BTX Star Crimp Die
    Click link below!

Boolit Grand Master
    Brian, when I ship or order expensive stuff, I insure it for the value, shipping and then some. That has paid off in the past. Trust me, the small investment is well worth it.

Boolit Man
    I've had UPS loose a computer part that was sent to me from HP. After the investigation found out the driver delivered it to the wrong house, the driver had to try and retrieve it. Unfortuneately, the driver couldn't get it so the driver had to pay for a replacement part for me. I'm not sure who the investigation will point to in your case.
    Respectfully,

Powell

In Remembrance

I've had shipments by UPS that never got scanned from a previous departure location.... and then magically show up about a week later.

So, there's still hope that the original package will arrive.

NRA Life Member

NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

Vendor Sponsor

That would be nice.

I got the brass today. I'll box up the .500 core seat die and the extra boxes for you and get them out ASAP. If I'm really good I'll have time to lap that 30 cal die up to .312 for you as well.

Thanks

BT
    BTX Star Crimp Die
    Click link below!

Boolit Master on Heaven's Range
    Quote Originally Posted by DukeInMaine View Post
    I've had shipments by UPS that never got scanned from a previous departure location.... and then magically show up about a week later.

So, there's still hope that the original package will arrive.
    Never had that happen till this year...now twice since January ( out of less than 20-25 packages). I wonder why?
    "HMMMM.........It wasn't spos'ta do THAT!"

Boolit Master
    I have an inside knowledge of UPS and their Systems. Shoot me a call. Easier to talk then type.

801-577-9228
    Joe
    "Consequently we move away from other shooters to remain focused on our passion, as our ideas are quickly dismissed or misunderstood by others. Sharing does not come easily for swagers, not because they are necessarily selfish, but because they have been whittling away in their only little world for so long, that being able to relate to others what they understand is no simple task."

​Mentor

Boolit Master

Man that sucks!! If your package was shipped via FedEx, I could help, my mother works for them. Please keep us informed!!
    "The right of the people to keep and bear...arms shall not be infringed. A well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the best and most natural defense of a free country..." (James Madison, I Annals of Congress 434 [June 8, 1789])

Once the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic.
    Benjamin Franklin

In Remembrance

Thanks.

Good Karma, regarding the missing shipment, coming your way!
    The air is full of goodness.

Quote Originally Posted by BT Sniper View Post
    That would be nice.

I got the brass today. I'll box up the .500 core seat die and the extra boxes for you and get them out ASAP. If I'm really good I'll have time to lap that 30 cal die up to .312 for you as well.

Thanks

BT

NRA Life Member

NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

I had an issue with Brown in the 90's with my racing team. Ordered all my stuff via UPS all orders were COD. Two years later after all my big orders for the car had come and gone big brown said I owed them money.
    Had to call a supervisor about the issue. He said I never paid for the parts and had to have the money or they would send me to collections. Ofcourse I told him to repeat what he told me so he could understand what he was saying "you never paid on a COD you signed for." What part of COD do you not understand sir? None the less I asked what the amount was and he told me, asked him to hold for just a few mins while I check something. I found my book that had the reseats for that date and amount. I told him what day it was delieved and the reseat number the driver gave me. A week or so later I recieved a letter in mail saying the case was resolved and I owe nothing.

If it wasn't for me having the busness and having to keep all the reseats for taxs I would have been screwed and had to pay for the part all over again.

Brian good luck dealing with UPS and may it get resolved fast.
    "Life isn't like a box of chocolates...It's more like
    a jar of jalapenos. What you do today, might burn
    your ass tomorrow."

Boolit Master

BT, you ever get your stuff from UPS?
    "The right of the people to keep and bear...arms shall not be infringed. A well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the best and most natural defense of a free country..." (James Madison, I Annals of Congress 434 [June 8, 1789])

Once the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic.
    Benjamin Franklin

Boolit Master
    I do not think so. He called me today saying it never came in. I used to work UPS and think perhaps starting a thread about lost packages and how UPS handles them may be in order. I just do not feel like typing a whole lot.
    "Consequently we move away from other shooters to remain focused on our passion, as our ideas are quickly dismissed or misunderstood by others. Sharing does not come easily for swagers, not because they are necessarily selfish, but because they have been whittling away in their only little world for so long, that being able to relate to others what they understand is no simple task."

​Mentor

Vendor Sponsor

Nope no package yet. UPS investagation is supposed to come to a close on Tuesday??????

My custom reamer shop started work on my replacments on Wednesday this week and expect they may be ready some time next week.

The most I got out of UPS was that they ship all their (OURS!) lost and found packages to one of three locations. Salt Lack City, Missouri, or Atlanta if I understood them correctly. I had a hard time understanding any of that logic !!!!

Also got out of the gal that the package doesn't allways get scaned but sometimes just the trailer it was "supposed" to be on gets scaned so......... What a mess.

Here is the kicker, the package was adressed to BTSniper attn: Brian T------- so for any one that might recognize the BTSniper name, there it was in big bold letters on the shipping "to" address
    on a package just the right size to slip under one's shirt. Needless to say I notified the shipper to delete BTSniper from my shipping address.

So time will tell I guess but I will have replacments on the way soon and I will be sure the priority is more then simple UPS ground!

BT
    BTX Star Crimp Die
    Click link below!

Boolit Master
    I will be sure the priority is more then simple UPS ground!

BT
    That is not what you should worry about. ANYTIME you have someone ship something to you make sure that they put your address as well as the tracking # INSIDE the box. If it ever gets lost and somehow the label gets ripped off they will have the info inside. They will open it see that and be able to at least tell where it should go. Trust me. They open all packages that get sent to the lost facilities.

How might a label get ripped off the package? Watch this video and pay attention to the #'s they say. How big the facility and how fast it moves. Errors will occur. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jllLZrzJ3M

Did your package go through here? I do not know. But can assure you it went through a facility like this.

Please feel free to give me a call again if you would like to.

Joe

​Mentor

Boolit Master

July.....any news? They find your stuff?

Benjamin Franklin

Boolit Master

You can bet I will request my supplier of custom reamers to use USPS next time with priority flat rate shipping.

BT
    USPS ain't no better, trust me. I once ordered an $800+ dollar sword for my martial arts, and it arrived at my local USPS but never left for my house. When I finally got the PM to track it down, she said they found the box cut open and the contents had been removed. Let me re-iterate: A sword! How the hell do you not notice an employee walking off with a 42" knife? That was that as far as they were concerned! Guy who sold it to me had a hell of a time getting the insurance money, if he ever did...
    Who keeps not his arms in times of peace, Will have no arms in times of war.
    -Gaelic Proverb