Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationLee Precision
RotoMetals2WidenersReloading EverythingLoad Data
Repackbox Titan Reloading

Thread: Gargage sale find:)

Boolit Grand Master

Gargage sale find:)

Went to a garage sale. They were advertising lots of reloading stuff. Got there about 10 min before it was supposed to start. Others must have got there a lot earlier as hardly any reloading stuff.

Did notice a small trash can 1/4 full of bullets. Looked like 44cal and probably 300ish grains. Asked how much. $35 Bought them and brought them home. Yup, 44 cal and 300gr with two cannelures. Weighed them, 35 pounds worth. Figure about 800 bullets, though some had gotten wet and need to be tumbled.

About 4.5 cents a bullet

Boolit Master

Good deal. Here's mine from an annual garage sale of local church going on for last 2 days. Got there an hour before it closed. Roll of lead glass lead (bhn about 4-6) 15-20# and 3/4 # of pewter. $2.75 total. Will make nice boolits.

One of my father's favorite statements: "If I say a chicken dips snuff, look under his wing for the snuffbox" How I was raised, who I am.

That is the way with Garage sales here. If it is supposed to start at 8:00 people show up at 6:00 or 7:00. The good stuff is already gone. I wish they would run off the people that show up like that, I would.
    http://wildedtx.blogspot.com/
    Stop by my Texas Outdoors Blog and leave a comment

Here in NH.....

Quote Originally Posted by wilded View Post
    That is the way with Garage sales here. If it is supposed to start at 8:00 people show up at 6:00 or 7:00. The good stuff is already gone. I wish they would run off the people that show up like that, I would.
    Garage sale people usually say "no early birds" and they mean it. I'll ALWAYS stop at a yard sale to see what's there....ya never know......but never until about 5 minutes before opening at the earliest and just wait my turn. If I get beat....I get beat.....
    Fault the people for putting on the yard sale for allowing early birds.....they deserve it.

Boolit Master

I couldn't get lucky if i bought the winning lotto #'s

Boolit Master
    I too enjoy yard sales. But I do have a pet peeve about them. Many say they start at 7am, 8am or what ever. Yet,,, they close up by 12:00 or 1 pm. When we do not have to get up early, Miss Penny & I enjoy sleeping in. We then enjoy a leisurely ride looking for a few yard sales. Here in WNC, many are closed up or about to close.
    However, a few times I've been in Ga loafing around,, many of the folks down there do not even start before 9 am or 10 am. And they go until 5-6 pm. MY KIND OF FOLKS!
    So between the early birds who are buying up stuff to take to a regular flea market permanent stall, after jacking up the price, and the folks who seem to believe that everybody likes to get up before dawn & drive like mad all over the place to buy stuff, we do not get many good deals.

Boolit Master

Went to a yard sale last year, was first one there by a fluke. Picked up a WWII MK2 Knife with Scabbard for $3. Sold for $100.

Garage sales are a weekly ritual for my wife, daughter, grand daughter and I. Yesterdays find was a couple pair of hearing protection muffs for $2 each. Last year I got a signed and framed art print called " Fence Line Crossing" by John Green for $10. I see them listed unframed for about $75. A co-worker wife makes a living buy old jeans and other stuff and selling it on Ebay and other places. Dale

Boolit Master
    Next saturday is our town garage sale/street dance/pig roast, i always love going hunting for reloading and shooting supplies! We scored a beautiful tooled (tooled, not stamped) leather cartridge box that perfectly holds a standard size box of ammo for .50 cents, turns out they were made in Mexico many years back and cost $50 then. I missed a whole box of 7mm ammo last year, but did score an unopened box of Sierra 115 .25 Gamekings, a 1970 copy of the Hornady reloading manual and a set of hubcaps for my pickup all for $5 bucks. I do wish i could find a bucket of boolits though, even just for the lead!
    Raisin' Black Angus cows, outta gas, outta money, outta tags, low on boolits, but full 'a hope on the Rocky Mountain Eastern Slope!
    Why does a man with a 7mag never panic buy? Because a man with a 7mag has no need to panic!

"If you ain't shootin', you should be reloadin' if you ain't reloadin' you should be movin', if you ain't movin', somebody's gonna come by and cut your head off and put it on a stick!" Words to fight by, from Clint Smith

Boolit Master
    Best yardsale buy(s)----Bubba'd 303 Lee Enfield for 10 bucks (with a box of ammunition) and at another sale---8mm Mauser full original for 8 bucks (no ammunition). Both these buys were completed over 10 years ago.
    R.D.M.

Boolit Master
    rand new turkey fryer for $20.00
    How's that hope and change working for you?

Boolit Mold
    Our yardsales here are horrible. Nothing but women's and baby clothes.

We do however have some very good flea markets. Last one I went to I picked up a 1953 Hungarian M44.
    -Spike

I need to go to more garage sales, i have noticed a ton around here the past month or so.
    I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like his passengers.