Titan ReloadingLoad DataRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionInline FabricationSnyders Jerky
Wideners
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Perfect Example!

Boolit Grand Master

Mike

I have a Bair Super Deluxe , which replaced the Spartan press I started with. The Bair has just the right weight and mass for reloading I like it better than the Spartan . It is smooth in operation and when set to raise the ram on the upstroke you can get all the leverage you need ( the ram can be set to operate on the up or down stroke ) I once thought that Bair and Pacific were the same press. Bair made presses for Pacific but some of the Bair presses are of a different design . If you have never tried one, keep looking on E-bay they come up often but most of the time they are advertised as Pacific. Unless P or Pacific is cast into the frame, and if it's blue , its proably Bair... some will still have a Bair sticker still on them. My press had the sticker removed and for the past 25 years I thought it was a Pacific... but PressMan had some photo's and set me straight. If you got any questions about presses pressman and seagiant are the guys to go to..... they know presses.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by seagiant View Post
    Hi,
    Good eyes! Here is a case I made for it as it's a bit big for the pocket! Waitin on those pics!
    Looks like a well used M17. I have one. I need to do some digging and a little cleaning and hope to get some pictures up this weekend.

Boolit Buddy
    A friend and I were talking to the owner of a local gun store last week.I had to leave and Tank continued to visit. Later that day he stopped by to show me the Hornaday LNL progressive (bare) that he bought from the owner for $25.
    I wanted to cry!

Boolit Master
    Sounds like they had a very good talk indeed!

Boolit Bub

This is a hand me down from my Grandpa. It loads on the upstroke.

Boolit Master
    Hi,
    Thanks for the pic! Yes,they must of made these by the truck load! There are usually about 3 of these on e-bay at all times. I can see the resemblance to the later Super Deluxe and my new Power "C" press. The boss going down the side and the shape of the base that sits on the bench.

These old presses remind me of the film "Uncommon Valor" with Gene Hackman, as these guys are going to go in and rescue POW's and have the latest equipment but at the last minute the best is taken away and instead of quitting they go in with old WWII stuff,Garands,Tommy guns,ect. and get the job done anyway! I bet if all I had was one of these old presses I could put out just as good of ammo as anyone with the latest Blue or Red offerings!
    Last edited by seagiant; 06-17-2012 at 03:45 PM.
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace.
    We ask not your counsels or arms.
    Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.
    May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” -Samuel Adams
    Janet Reno, killed more children at Waco, with Bill Clinton's permission, than Adam Lanza killed, at Sandy Hook.

Boolit Bub

How about this. Only two pour options as far as I can tell. Might look good on the bench but doubt I will ever use it. Made in Pasadena CA, by Santa Anita Eng.

Boolit Master
    Hi,
    Here are mine! If you are not interested in yours send me a PM and we'll talk!
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace.
    May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” -Samuel Adams
    Janet Reno, killed more children at Waco, with Bill Clinton's permission, than Adam Lanza killed, at Sandy Hook.

Boolit Master

These old presses remind me of the film "Uncommon Valor" with Gene Hackman
    Trivia: Since Hackman was a Marine Korean War vet, he carried his personally-owned Garand in the movie. I got that tidbit from the Weapons Technical Adviser for the movie. The adviser also told me Hackman is as tough a guy in real life as the characters he plays (i.e. not a panty waist like Brad Pitt, Collin Farrell, etc).
    Last edited by Kevin Rohrer; 04-30-2012 at 04:51 PM.
    Member: Orange Gunsite Family, NRA-Life, ARTCA, American Legion, & the South Cuyahoga Gun Club.

Caveat Emptor: Do not trust Cavery Grips/American Gripz/Prestige Grips/Stealth Grips from Clayton, NC. He will rip you off.

Boolit Master
    Thanks Kevin,
    I did not know that! I knew he used a Garand in the movie but did not know it was his! My first battle rifle is this Match Grade Garand I had built by Roland Beaver (Old Corps Weaponry) in 1992 for $1400. Who knows what it is worth now? It has a Douglas Match barrel and is chambered in .308 Win. with my handloads with IMR-4895 powder it will shoot 3/4 MOA at the bench all day!

All this to say I enjoyed watching a guy use a Garand with iron sights as a DMR!

Boolit Master
    Love seeing the old equipment restored and cared for! I may even start looking for restoration project myself.

Boolit Master
    Hi 44,
    There are ALOT of old Pacifics on E-Bay right now! One guy selling a few is only charging $11 for shipping which is VERY good! Jump in the water"s fine!

Boolit Master
    Seagiant, If she is in the water count me in! Actually, if I did it would only be as an extension of reloading as a hobby. I own 5 presses now and really do not need another one.

Boolit Mold
    Porter, IN (at the bottom of Lake Michigan)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1335826707.808111.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	65.3 KB 
ID:	43971

This is the Pacific Power C that a friend gave me. I cleaned it up and repainted it with international harvester red.

Boolit Master
    Hi Bmcnab,
    Thanks for the pic! Man,that is one good looking STOUT press! Have you used it yet? I'm not at home at the moment but my wife said my Pacific Power "C" made it to the house ok,so I have a project when I get home. Hope it looks as good as yours! Do you like the handle offset? Any more pics? Thanks again!