WidenersRepackboxSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2Load DataLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
Inline Fabrication

Thread: 6.5x53.5R Daudeteau

Boolit Mold

6.5x53.5R Daudeteau

Does anyone know what would be a good mould for the Daudeteau at least a .268. The ones we have available the base goes below the neck. So we need a bore rider or a very short bullet. Any ideas?

TimB
    Tim Buchman

Super Moderator

...............Hey TimB, a boolit base below the caseneck isn't always sudden death. Lyman for one has a bore rider but I don't know what the drive bands mic. The only 6.5mm around that I KNOW will cast that large is the special order 6.5 Oldfeller slug at Mid-South.

.............Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance

Boolit Master Baron von Trollwhack's Avatar
    Better slug your gun. I only shot mine a few times with #%%^keted boolits. and even though the bore was clean and sharp, it measured .259 and.269 in the groove, so shooting .264s was not very productive. BvT
    Every lawbreaker we allow into our nation, or tolerate in our citizen population leads to the further escalation of law breaking of all kinds and acceptance of evil.
    Since almost all aspects of our cultural existence are LIBERAL in most states, this means that the nation is on a trajectory to dissolution by the burden of toleration and acceptance of LAWBREAKING as a norm, a trajectory back to the dark ages of history.

BvT

In Remembrance

As far as I can find Hornady is the only one making a condom bullet the correct size for these .269 grooves, and only one at that. DALE

Little Egypt, Part of the political fifedom of Chicago
    The Lyman 266324 (discontinued of course and hard to find) cast large enough at about 0.270" and is a fairly short boolit. You could also shorten the Midsouth boolit.

Boolit Bub
    I use an RCBS 270 cal mould and sized down to 271 in mine. The Lee offering beat the Lyman Loverin hands down but none came close to the RCBS when loaded over 11 gr.s of Unique.
    For the Love of God People!! It's A TURRET Press not a TURRENT Press!!

Boolit Mold
    My Daudeteau rifle (long barrel Mod 71 Mauser) when shooting those nasty store bought brands shows bullet contact in bottom of grooves though very lightly. Bore looks beautiful to naked eye but borescope shows it to be frosted completely. With the nasty bullets I am getting under two inches at 100 yds. I would suspect if cast is shot in it the frosting was fill up rather quickly.