RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingRepackboxReloading Everything
MCD ProductsLee PrecisionInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CARE Package Discussion

Boolit Buddy
    Any truth to "silly string" being used to reveal trip wires?

It's been a while since I've done this as well...need to get some Easter Baskets together. Thanks for the ideas.

I can only imagine that Hoppes #9 would be welcomed as well, right? Maybe some Remoil pads.

I know I have a ton of old magazines that I've read a few times already that can be sent.

But yeah, I'll be sending a mix of personal toiletries and canned food (and a few spare p-38's in case the guys in the field lost their 'zipper pulls'. )
    http://armedliberalinmo.blogspot.com/
    NRA Certified Trainer
    Bowers v. DeVito "...there is no constitutional right to be protected by the state against being murdered."
    Partner, Olsen Training Group

Boolit Buddy

Individual Microwave popcorn packets
    Peanut Butter
    Granola Bars
    Q tips
    The popcorn packets can be crammed into any voids in the box. Be surprised how many can be stuffed into an already full box. It also is good trading fodder to get something needed.
    Bullshot
    Bob
    You make your own reputation. No one makes it for you.
    NRA Benefactor

Boolit Master

Smokey Mountain Knife Works had a buy a knife for a soldier program hope it's still running. You pick out a knife from a list buy it at their cost and they send it to soldier. I thought it was a great idea we did one every time we were their. FB

Boolit Master
    I never ever used flea collars or powder, or knew anybody that did. They were always thrown away.

What I liked to get:

Jerkey
    Easy cheese
    Fancy crackers
    Oreos
    Hand warmers(winter)
    Those cold pack things you put in the freezer(summer).
    Any card or small games, and puzzles.
    Books
    Dvd's
    Magazines(heck we had a fight over cat fancy! Lol)
    Any kind of cheap small toys.
    Slingshots
    Ninja stars
    Darts
    Air freshener

Boolit Master
    We are sending a washboard to the paratrooper. He's that far back in the boonies. Here is the only place I know that makes washing boards for actual clothes washing, and that is the Columbus Washboard Co.

They have a special deal for the troops:

http://carbolicsoapusa.com/troop-donation-p-1510.html

Anyhow, the moral of the story is to ask first. Obviously, this paratrooper won't be using Xbox games or microwaveable foods, and those stationed at Bagram won't need a washboard.

Boolit Master
    Well, we had six military people to send CARE packages, and we had enough stuff to fill a Large Flat Rate box for each one so full that it took two people to tape them shut. We then filled a second box for everybody who was "out in the boonies" and still had stuff left over to give to one Mom whose son is a team leader, in order to make a "team" CARE package.

You guys are awesome. My nephew is over there right now. All he asked for the last time was some Copenhagen. Kids today.

Wes
    If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough.
    SASS 17373
    Proud Dad of a USAF Airman

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
    Any truth to "silly string" being used to reveal trip wires?
    I once had a request for that, and canned air?

Boolit Master

Good thread! Our church has sent packages to the husband of a member. The mistake we(I) made was using a too big box. If you have a lot of stuff, break it down.

The lists posted here contain several items we were unaware of. That will be corrected next time.

Separate from the church boxes, I sent a box full of gun magazines. They apparently like those a lot.
    John
    W.TN

Boolit Master
    Separate from the church boxes, I sent a box full of gun magazines. They apparently like those a lot.
    They will be read and passed on to the point that they fall apart. I think I will send a CARE package that is nothing but magazines. to the guys out beyond the Internet.

Boolit Master
    As I said in my previous post, any magazine is great! We got a shipment from a guys hometown library that was all 3 month old mag subscriptions. It was a hit.

Boolit Master

I really like this idea guys, we should do a "Cast Boolits CARE Package Program". If every member sends something, we can outfit a whole bunch of our soldiers with things they want and need.
    Chris

Μολὼν λαβέ

"Si vis pacem para bellum"

Cast Hunter

I am at FOB Salerno, Afghanistan till June. I don’t need anything personally (My wife sends me what I need), but I can distribute care packages to soldiers here. I can even post pics of troops with the goodies. PM me if interested.
    Last edited by RugerFan; 03-31-2012 at 11:31 AM. Reason: spelling

On another board we collected enough $$ to order and ship 20 "High Quality" 9mm S&W magazines to outfit a squad. They were having continual jamming from the sand and wear on their mags. We bought Mec-Gar mags. They were ecstatic. Left them behind for their replacements when they left. RD
    “A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.”

Thomas Jefferson – Author of the Declaration of Independence and 3rd President of the USA