Load DataRepackboxTitan ReloadingWideners
Lee PrecisionInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2
Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: All the Complaining That Goes On About Lee Precision

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MT Chambers View Post
    Everyone here should be free and encouraged to say good or bad about any gun related products they feel strong enough about, it's just their opinion. So if i slam a product or product line, it's exactly that, an opinion.
    And we all know what opinions are like. Opinions are fine as far as they go; but, reasoned thought carries so much more weight. So why waste other people's time by posting your opinion when you could tell us why you think what you do about something? I know that some people are not capable of putting together a cogent post; but, go ahead and try, you just might surprise us and yourself as well.
    That's my opinion on the subject.

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by MAJ H View Post
    Well Here's why I like Lee, they are cheap and easy to deal with. I'm an FFL and do a lot of business with both guns and ammo. SOOOO easy with Lee, FFL copy 33% off everything 50% off parts and FREE shipping! That's just awesome goodness right there! Asked another 'ahmem' better manufacture about it and on top of my FFL I had to provide the following...
    1. to be a stocking retailer

2. have a business license

3. retail gun store, on commercial property, w/regular daytime business hours

4. yellow pages ad

5. minimum initial order of $3,500.00 wholesale

Nice huh? I think I'll stick with Lee and shoot A LOT MORE
    The whole point of the "dealer discount" through most businesses, is because they want DEALERS that will actually move their product. They don't want Joe Cheapskate that just uses his FFL to buy tiny quantities of their products for his own consumption.

Be happy that Lee doesn't care.
    It's pretty rare in this day and age.

And... several of those requirements are needed to get your FFL, so it's not like they're asking for your first-born. You should already meet at least half the requirements.
    Proud winner of February 2012's "Ugliest Gun" contest.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelHollow View Post
    The whole point of the "dealer discount" through most businesses, is because they want DEALERS that will actually move their product. They don't want Joe Cheapskate that just uses his FFL to buy tiny quantities of their products for his own consumption.

Be happy that Lee doesn't care.
    It's pretty rare in this day and age.

And... several of those requirements are needed to get your FFL, so it's not like they're asking for your first-born. You should already meet at least half the requirements.

Yes in many cases you do have to meet several requirements to get an FFL. I think it's ironic that [in some areas] you can't get a license unless you have a store front in a commercial area, have a sales tax No., and other ****. So you spend a ton of money and still might be turned down for a FFL for some other reason.

Larry

Boolit Master

hey lets start a new one on Dillon. I bought a 650 would I buy another?? NO

Cast Hunter

I see more posts by people complaining about Lee complainers, than I see people complaining about Lee.

Dat's so true!

Boolit Buddy

If it wasn't for...

...Lee, I wouldn't be able to enjoy all the fun and games that go with casting and reloading. My only exception is a Redding powder trickler($22), Based on the reviews at Midway, it struck me as being the best out there. Happy casting and reloading to all you Lee users.
    PS I'm in the process of setting up my brand new Lee Classic Cast Turret Press.

"These guns [semi-auto rifles with full capacity magazines] are not made for recreation or self-defense. They are instruments of destruction with the sole purpose of hunting down and killing people." - Mitt Romney, 2004.

“How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual…as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised and taken care of.” - Dr. Suzanna Hupp

Boolit Master
    I don't use Lee equipment, for business purposes, it just doesn't stand up, some other makes don't as well, I certainly like the quality of gear on the group buys here, like NOE, Mihec, etc. I think Lee equipments suits the new reloader or small volume/occasional reloader. For instance, sizing and lubing bullets, I could not get by with separate lubing and sizing operations and then wait overnight to dry. I keep 2 Star sizers busy with my partner, when we go fulltime.....A lot of this carries over to reloading for my own use where i concentrate on precision/accuracy. I have come to like Redding, Forster, Sinclair, KM, Vickermann, for reloading equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by MT Chambers View Post
    I don't use Lee equipment, for business purposes, it just doesn't stand up, some other makes don't as well, I certainly like the quality of gear on the group buys here, like NOE, Mihec, etc. I think Lee equipments suits the new reloader or small volume/occasional reloader. For instance, sizing and lubing bullets, I could not get by with separate lubing and sizing operations and then wait overnight to dry. I keep 2 Star sizers busy with my partner, when we go fulltime.....A lot of this carries over to reloading for my own use where i concentrate on precision/accuracy. I have come to like Redding, Forster, Sinclair, KM, Vickermann, for reloading equipment.
    Now there is a reasoned approach to the issue at hand.
    Disclaimer: The above is not holy writ. It is just my opinion based on my experience and knowledge. Your mileage may vary.

Boolit Mold
    Have reloaded for 4 pistol cartridges and 6 rifle cartridges since 1981. I have Lee, Lyman/Ideal, SAECO, Redding, RCBS stuff. I can't complain about Lee. They fixed the few problems I had years ago. Without Lee competing, I can't even guess what Lyman and RCBS would be charging for dies. Sure, Redding stuff is expensive, but it's GOOD stuff.
    Milt Farrow "I'm not sure what it is, but it uses a lot of ammo."

Boolit Bub
    My buddy saw my lee dies and being as how all his are rcbs proceeded to tell me how bad lee dies are. When i pointer out that all dies are the exact same size as dictated by sammi specs and no manufacture can sell one out of spec and stay in business i fail to see the point of paying more than necessary to get a tool that works.

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by torpedoman View Post
    My buddy saw my lee dies and being as how all his are rcbs proceeded to tell me how bad lee dies are. When i pointer out that all dies are the exact same size as dictated by sammi specs and no manufacture can sell one out of spec and stay in business i fail to see the point of paying more than necessary to get a tool that works.
    That's one of the reasons I keep targets.

Boolit Grand Master in Remembrance

I've got a few sets of Lee dies that I have begun keeping in RCBS boxes. They work MUCH better now.
    Lets make America GREAT again!
    Go, Go, Go, Go, Go Donald Trump

Keep your head on your shoulders
    Sit with your back to the wall
    Be ready to draw on a moments notice

Boolit Buddy

Six Cavity Lee Molds...... Like all three of mine

Have a stock 6 cav. 356 like the Lyman 402 TC 120 gr. , 311041 Custom Group Buy and a Ranch Dog 172 gr. FP for 38/357 Marlins......Ran the two pistol molds simultaneously while using a lee bottom pour pot as my working mold. Ran an old Lyman to refill the Lee pot.......in just under 5 hrs. I made 2700 bullets, the most I had ever done at one sitting..... Try to match that with my 4 cav. Lymans. Wish Lee would offer some 6 cav. molds in alot of rifle cals.....My Ranch Dog mold was terrific.afish4570

My Lee Autoprime is close to 20 years old and has never had a problem. I like their products, and have never had a bad one.

I just started to reload and cast bullets. If it was'nt for Lee I would still be on the outside looking in. I've had no problems with any of there products! I recieved a die set from them and the sizing and decapping die was the wrong one (in the pakage from factory) called them had a new one in 2 days!! So there customer service is real good too! I admit I can't say any of the other companies are better or worse with my limited experiance but Lee is a GREAT way to get started resonably!! And to be able to size my BOOLITS for for about 40 bucks!! There ya GO!!
    45 ACP because shooting more than once is just silly!!

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.

I have several sets of Lee dies, their lead hardness tester and Lee's manual. I have NO problem with their products!

I'm a big guy who has a history of twisting socket extensions in pieces, breaking sockets and bending wrenches. My last boss called my hands the "Claws of Death"!

Lee presses are well designed to be light and strong. The parts are heavily braced and gusseted which keeps weight down and strength up. That being said, I simply won't use their presses!

RCBS cast iron presses and Dillon massive aluminum castings will stand up to the force that I can apply. The exception is the Dillon "Square Deal" press. It is designed like the Lee presses and I purchased one then immediately resold it.

Yes....I'm aware that if excessive force is required, there is probably something wrong but I look at the Lee presses and shrug. That's just NOT going to work for me!

Flash
    You Gotta Die Of Something........It May As Well Be Something That You Like!

Lovin' the Harley Idle: potato........potato...........potato

Quote Originally Posted by ROGER4314 View Post
    I have several sets of Lee dies, their lead hardness tester and Lee's manual. I have NO problem with their products!

I'm a big guy who has a history of twisting socket extensions in pieces, breaking sockets and bending wrenches. My last boss called my hands the "Claws of Death"!

Lee presses are well designed to be light and strong. The parts are heavily braced and gusseted which keeps weight down and strength up. That being said, I simply won't use their presses!

RCBS cast iron presses and Dillon massive aluminum castings will stand up to the force that I can apply. The exception is the Dillon "Square Deal" press. It is designed like the Lee presses and I purchased one then immediately resold it.

Yes....I'm aware that if excessive force is required, there is probably something wrong but I look at the Lee presses and shrug. That's just NOT going to work for me!

Flash
    At least you admit to having a problem, and that's the first step to recovery!

Ive reloaded on green, orange, and red presses, but id give any of my others up to keep my lee, the hand press is my favorite, but also near and dear to me are my lee loaders, that I saved money from lawn work and tutoring during college to buy and feed, no telling how many 38s ive pounded out with my .38 sp lee loader. As far as practicality the challenger press is IMHO the best value (and quality as far as I've found) on the market. Right now ive got the hand press set up to size my boolits while i watch TV and the "chuck" as dad calls the rcbs set up to lay out some 38 sp's, while the lee is ready to turn out a run of .303's this weekend. Were it not for lee products, I would not be loading anything but shotgun shells..
    Any man who seeks to live free should keep a Bible on his desk and a .45 in the drawer.

Boolit Master
    I love Lee dies and their moulds. I guess that makes me weird.