Inline FabricationRepackboxWidenersLee Precision
Snyders JerkyLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Freedom 97, .357 wall hanger

Banned

What I started as a post to find out if the problem is common before I invest in one (And, Yes, I am still considering it.) has kind of turned you inside out, do you have a stake in Freedom?
    When someone posts about a bad Lee mold before calling Lee, I don't see you jumping down their throats for flaming the company.
    Information is why I am here and if we had gotten a bad Ruger or S&W the post would have been the same but I doubt you would have jumped on me the same. I am not trying to harm Freedom's sales but it would hurt drastically to get a bad one. I have had too much trouble with other makers and need to know what is going on before committing what to me, is a huge sum of money. Even postage to return one would hurt. I see one of you has 17 of them, which cost double what my first house cost me. It seems as if a lot of you have no patience with a poor person living on a pension that would have to sell 3 or 4 prized guns to buy one Freedom.
    Many have posted that they are very accurate and have had no trouble which encourages me.
    My friend has been told to return the gun and they will change the barrel. This also encourages me. Is it not my right to post what is and try to get a balance before going further? If I am the only person to ever post about a problem with ANYTHING, I will apologize. If you have never gone after anyone else complaining about anything other then Freedom, then you should apologize!

Boolit Buddy
    My final word on this subject is that if you are looking for sympathy, you won't get it from me by quoting a post by one of the most infamous gun-thread troll-type posters known to the internet....wrapping yourself in the flag of honest reporting while using an old post (and where you "found" it?) whose only purpose was to cause FA problems is not journalistic honest reporting, although it might be fairly said to be "yellow" journalism......and quite frankly, looking at your photos of purported groups with a gun gives me further reason to doubt the sincerity and integrity of these several anti-FA threads you've started.....those photographed "groups" look more like someone fired long strings of fire up a piece of paper, and then arbitrarily drew lines through them claiming to be different loads.....
    And don't anyone buy for a minute the thought you are being singled out....I give the same grief to 1911 owners who buy a gun, have some problem, and then go on anti-Colt diatribes without benefit of giving the company a chance to make it right first, and none of them has had the gall to dredge up an otherwise unfindable quote of Monte to back up their product "testing"......the firearms industry has enough troubles without so-called fans doing their best to damage companies....
    Sure, other companies have their all-too-common problems, too.....there are responsible ways to deal with such......starting with letting the company deal with it first......if they can't make you happy after several tries, feel free to report, feel free to vent....a good example of this would be Ruger Blackhawk chamber throat variance.....
    Meanwhile, the following quotes make you look like anything BUT a poor pensioner just trying to find a good gun.....
    "I have posted before about the poor groups we get"
    "They are not as tight or finished as good as a Freedom but all I have measured are right on the money and are rifled correctly for the caliber, they all shoot too."
    "I have just had too much trouble with Dan Wessons and TC's over the years"
    "My BFR .475 is one I will never part with---period. The BFR 45-70 either! Out of the box, first loads amazed me. A little trigger work and they are even better.
    The best part is they are wonderful to deal with."
    "I have posted in a lot of sites, asked questions, talked to my gunsmith friend and a lot of guys at my club and get as many answers about bad guns as I do good ones.Freedom is not infallable and does turn out some junk "
    "To be accused of not being able to shoot by Freedom is a low blow. We shoot revolvers to 500 meters with accuracy that turns a lot of rifle shooters blue. We have seen many pack up and leave after watching us."
    Last edited by mtngunr; 03-17-2007 at 12:41 AM.

Banned

I shot those groups from Creedmore and from bags. To accuse me of not being able to shoot is a low blow! I had to hold paper behind the backing cardboard and use a marking pen to record the hits because most were off the paper.
    I would welcome you to come and shoot with me at the club. We have a 500 meter silhouette range. If you are a 25 yd shooter, bring your Freedom and you will find that it is easy to keep all shots on steel at that distance. You might just surprise yourself. Don't knock it until you try it. Why you run us down for shooting that far when you never tried it is beyond me.
    And Yes, we have seen rifle shooters shake their heads and leave, but the better rifle guys showed a great deal of interest, most could not believe a handgun could shoot that far.
    While you are here I will show you all the trophys won shooting IHMSA and my first place Ohio State international class plaque won with 79 out of 80 with the lowly SBH. I hit the last one too but it didn't fall! Then there is my Ohio State .22 international class trophy with 57 out of 60 with no starting sight settings using a new Ruger Mark II. I missed the first pig, turkey and ram from lack of sight settings but my spotter seen the hits. I also hit all of the .22 chicken shoot off targets at 100 yd's.
    PLEASE come over and shoot with us.
    Your responses show an agenda to show you know more then anyone else. Instead of arguing, we should be learning from each other. I refuse to get angry and respect your opinion. But I will always post the truth and the way it is. I will not get into your witch hunt.

Boolit Buddy
    No witch hunt at all.....just exception to back-to-back FA trashing threads titled "wallhangar" and "crappy", the "crappy" thread a direct quote of someone with a REAL anti-FA agenda....he also accused Ruger of using cast cylinders when he blew up one of their guns.......I well know the capabilities of good revolvers, FYI...

Boolit Mold

what do ya want for the 97?

since it won't shoot I would expect a good price.

Boolit Buddy
    Just get one of those .360" group buy molds and try shooting it again. It may shoot those loads well.

Monroe, Washington in the The Great Pacific NorthWet
    Will some pleae educate those of us out of the loop as to just who the heck is the "me" in "me and Dennis". Are we supposed to know this person?
    At first I thought is was 44man and Dennis but now it seems it might be Monte and Dennis?

Or is this a comic strip and it's Joey and Dennis the Menace? If so, where's Margaret and Ruff?

Of course I should be inquiring as to who the I is in Dennis and I, but that's a job for the grammar police.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by BluesBear View Post
    Will some pleae educate those of us out of the loop as to just who the heck is the "me" in "me and Dennis". Are we supposed to know this person?
    At first I thought is was 44man and Dennis but now it seems it might be Monte and Dennis?

Or is this a comic strip and it's Joey and Dennis the Menace? If so, where's Margaret and Ruff?

Of course I should be inquiring as to who the I is in Dennis and I, but that's a job for the grammar police.
    The "crappy FA" post starting off with the "myself and dennis" line is the one that got my dander up.....44man not only went to the trouble of writing a lengthy post about the FA a friend owns being a wallhangar, but dredged up the adjacent "myself and dennis" post from somewhere he says cannot even recall.....the "me and dennis" post was written quite some time back by a fellow who, among other names, goes by the handle of Monte, Monte being famous for outrageous diatribes against many guns and gun makers, the same guy helping to trash numerous gunboards over the years....Monte's rants were always first-class slander aimed at whatever maker was in his sights that day.....among the more memorable and false assertions Monte claimed to have proved was that Ruger Blackhawks and SuperBlackhawks used cast steel cylinders, proved by Monte's expert analysis of the split cylinder of a gun he blew up......he also was a proponent of insane overload data posted on websites, and would freely suggest loads 50%-100% over SAAMI max as perfectly safe in revolvers, and I just hope nobody got killed when checking the web for info and finding some of Monte's stuff.......this stuff I'm listing is just a drop in the bucket of some of Monte's on-line antics, and posters like him need to be taken seriously indeed, as they seem to actually want to destroy gun makers, cause injury to shooters, and preside over the destruction of nice places like this gunboard.............so, when someone uses a Monte quote to back up a product trashing, alarm bells go off..........FYI, Monte often posted under numerous names and quoted himself to back up his slander.......
    Last edited by mtngunr; 03-20-2007 at 11:12 AM.

Monroe, Washington in the The Great Pacific NorthWet

Cool

Thank you Mtngunr. That helps me keep track of the players.

I have serious doubts when people quote an anonymous source and then use the all to convienient excuse they forgot where it came from. It reminds me of folks who are always saying, "well, they said so and so..." but then can never quite define just who "they" is.

And my feeling is that if you can cut and paste the text you can also cut and paste the URL. To do otherwise is reckless as well as just plain lazy. It also creates suspicions as to the posters actual intentions.

As I said on another thread...
    even on the errornet, copying and pasting without stating the original URL is plagerism.
    And no matter how unintelligent the text may be it's still a Theft of Intellectual Property.
    In addition to illustrating a total lack of respect, it's just not cool.
    And you can quote me on that.