RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionRepackboxWideners
Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationReloading Everything
Titan Reloading Snyders Jerky
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 9mm mold

Boolit Master

I am wanting to get in on a Mihec cramer style 125 gr hp mold. I am told there is a group buy in the works but be danged if I can find it. Personally unless money is extremely tight MP or NOE is the way I would go.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by ku4hx View Post
    I have two Lee six cavity 9mm molds, both nominally 122 grains. One is the Truncated Cone the other is the Round Nose; both have traditional lube grooves. Both cast excellent boolits and require no resizing for my guns when using "hard ball" alloy.

I got the TC for 357 Sig and the RN for 9mm, but both have worked equally well in both calibers. Lube is a very thin coating of thinned LLA with a final dusting of Motor Mica. Leading is essentially non existent and accuracy for both is very good.

Guns: BHP, Glock 26,19, 17 and 23 with Lone Wolf 357 Sig conversion barrel. I've had no feeding or extractions problems with either boolit in any loading in any gun.
    Real purdy boolits there. Pity we destroy them a little.

Quote Originally Posted by blikseme300 View Post
    Real purdy boolits there. Pity we destroy them a little.
    I was making almost that very comment to my wife just yesterday. I work hard to come up with the alloy components, do my best to smelt the proper portions, clean and flux the melt, take pains to make the best lead muffins I can, deal with the tinsel fairy when I have to, cast the alloy with loving care into boolits, lube them, size them (when needed) re-lube them, baby them until they're dry, store them as carefully as I can, load them with great precision, and then blast them away at literally blinding velocity. Then I do it all over again like I've done for the last 40+ years.

I think I may be crazy; wife has never told me I'm wrong.

Boolit Buddy
    Winchester, VA, but I'm from the better Virginia...WEST Virginia
    Quote Originally Posted by Reload3006 View Post
    I am wanting to get in on a Mihec cramer style 125 gr hp mold. I am told there is a group buy in the works but be danged if I can find it. Personally unless money is extremely tight MP or NOE is the way I would go.
    Here you go: http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=126682

As for the Lee six banger, I like the 105 SWC for the most accurate and economical load out of my CZ. I only tested 50 or so of them, and as such I still have to find a OAL that feeds 100%.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Reload3006 View Post
    I been looking for a group buy on that particular mold for 2 years now in 4 cavity brass. Never found one. This is one mold I would think would be so popular that Miha could afford to stock it on his site and sell them like popcorn before a movie. Only people that wouldn't want one would be the people that already had one!
    In these parts, often one's very life may depend on a mere scrap of information.

Boolit Buddy

Here ya go shotstring -

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=126682

4 cavity brass

Another vote for this one. If I cast with a water dropped 50/50 mix of Wheel weights and pure lead, I can size and lube them to 0.358" and use them in 38 special and all my 9mm guns. Lets me have a big bucket of boolits for both calibers. Saves me on set up and tear down time.