Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2Load DataSnyders Jerky
RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionWideners
Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 303 british reloading

Boolit Mold
    when i load the 313 it seem like i have to put more perssue to close the bolt i wounder if it could be cause iam use like a round flat nose and not a point like

All mine are like that. It's from zero head-space clearance. It's good. And believe it or not it actually reduces peak bolt face thrust. (By removing the hammer blow effect). I've found the cases don't tighten up so much when lubed because the lube reduces permanent stretching of the case side wall. Nor do they elongate. (That's a controversial issue with me on the one side and the rest of the world on the other ).
    Rest In Peace My Son (01/06/1986 - 14/01/2014)

''Assume everything that moves is a human before identifying as otherwise''

Boolit Grand Master

16 gr of 2400 or 13 gr. of Red dot for a starter and work up. I like the 160 lee made for the mosins, it shoots well in my 303.
    1Shirt!
    "Common Sense Is An Uncommon Virtue" Ben Franklin

"Ve got too soon old and too late smart" Pa.Dutch Saying

when i load the 313 it seem like i have to put more perssue to close the bolt i wounder if it could be cause iam use like a round flat nose and not a point like
    A few days ago I had a cartridge a little stiffer to chamber than usual but it was a case fired in another gun so I closed the bolt on it. It wouldn't come out again. I have had boolits tight in the throat which stayed behind on extracting. Something to be weary of. I check my boolits for throat fit by dropping them in and measuring the position of the boolit base. From that I know they'll come out.

Cast Hunter

I have a 5 groove No 4 Mk 1/2 and have gotten good accuracy with 4198 and N133 pushing the NOE 316299. I don't have the powder charges in front of me but velocities were around 1750 FPS.

Boolit Master
    To avoid undue force in closing the bolt on a reloaded neck sized only case I use each fired case as a snapper cap to work on my trigger pull.
    The striker blow on the fired primer drives the case forwards just enough to loosen its fit to the chamber by around .001, maybe less.
    When the micro-sized case is neck sized and reloaded theres no drag in closing the bolt

That is a very good tip Multigunner. Dry firing is definitely the cure for problem trigger pulls. Can't do enough of that!

Boolit Mold
    I use a 110gr bullet made for a 32-20(314dia) with 10gr unique cream of wheat filler. We get very good accuracy.

Boolit Mold
    I have good results with 16 gr of unique using a 311291 mould. They drop at 312 and barrel slugged at 312. I just run them through sizer and lube them at 312.

Just one safety tip when dry firing a gun for any reason, do not practice aiming at your TV sets or any other objects you wouldn't want to actually shoot. And don't practice your fast draw in the mirror.

Quote Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
    Just one safety tip when dry firing a gun for any reason, do not practice aiming at your TV sets or any other objects you wouldn't want to actually shoot. And don't practice your fast draw in the mirror.
    Or you might have to spend the weekend fixing a wall, while your parents are away.

I think we all can think of somthing stupid a friend or family member has done.

Boolit Master
    This is good advice, I once saw a fool who should have known better, pull out his 12gauge to help out Vic Morrow during an episode of combat. I dont need to tell what happend. some fools should have nothing more than pocket full of rocks.

An older tube TV might be one of the few things in the house that can actually stop the round.
    They call us civilized because we are easy to sneak up on.

If a little is good, a lot is better, and too much is just right.

Following along. I just started casting for my Ishapore No1MK3*. I need to slug the bore. Just haven't gotten around to it. I'm using the Lee 312-185 mold that's throwing just under 312. Just my luck. I never get one that throws larger. I beagled it last night with two layers of aluminum tape and am getting 313-314 now. Lube is drying as we speak Here's some results with Red Dot and the smaller boolits. Not very spectacular. I'm hoping a larger boolit improves this. If not, I may have to search for a bigger mold. Even with the beagled boolits, the boolit can slide down the muzzle almost up to the driving bands.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2012-03-17 15.50.15.jpg  

Boolit Master
    That mold throws a boolit with a .295 nose which is .010 to small.They don't work. Pat